As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I'm so torn I booked BC since we have never stayed there but I keep hearing BWI calling to me lol
My pref is YC followed by BC.
1- SAB
2- restaurants are inside. If it's bad weather you don't have to go outside to get food.

I'm so torn I booked BC since we have never stayed there but I keep hearing BWI calling to me lol
I totally get it. I loved BC! LOVED! But I did love BWI just a wee bit more ;) Now non-CL, I might lean a little more to BC...

BIG change for us.....

I've cancelled our August trip so no spending my milestone birthday at the GF. Instead, I booked an all-inclusive to JAMAICA for us and we'll be vacationing on my actual birthday at the end of June!! Really couldn't pass up the deal and actually saved close to $2000 over going to Disney this summer - no brainer for me!

For the most part everyone is excited for a change as we've been going to Disney every year, sometimes 2x/year for the last 8 years. The only one that's having a hard time is my oldest DD - she just keeps saying she can't believe we're skipping Disney this year :sad2:.

Well... I'm off to change my ticker. DH & I are still planning to do our adults only F&W trip this year, for now anyways...

BIG change for us.....

I've cancelled our August trip so no spending my milestone birthday at the GF. Instead, I booked an all-inclusive to JAMAICA for us and we'll be vacationing on my actual birthday at the end of June!! Really couldn't pass up the deal and actually saved close to $2000 over going to Disney this summer - no brainer for me!

For the most part everyone is excited for a change as we've been going to Disney every year, sometimes 2x/year for the last 8 years. The only one that's having a hard time is my oldest DD - she just keeps saying she can't believe we're skipping Disney this year :sad2:.

Well... I'm off to change my ticker. DH & I are still planning to do our adults only F&W trip this year, for now anyways...
Sounds amazing! My kids are opting for Universal only this summer. Happy Happy birthday in Jamaica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going 8/21 and I think I'm done changing resorts. I started by booking the Poly with a water view last summer during the free dining BB but then decided it was just too much $s. Switched the reservation to YC with a standard view but then my contrary family decided nope they wanted to go back to CR instead. This time we will be garden wing with a garden view instead of a parking lot view because I couldn't get the cheapest. Still changing around ADRs and FP times plus trying to make up my mind about going to the first MNSSHP party.

Ok I admit I did change from AKV Kidani to CCV for our October trip this year, but only once mind you, which for me is absolute restraint. AKV is on my list of places to stay but for some reason I've yet to stay there. Maybe because it's not right near most of the parks. It is on my list for our Christmas week trip next year, for sure, since it's so lovely during the holidays. So my plan is AKL, WL and BWV with potential for a couple of nights at POR. Actually there is lots of potential for changes next year. DH always teases about making resort changes as well as restaurant changes at a frightening pace. I'm glad of my decision though because I just found the Magical Holiday Room Only rate for CCV for over $300 cheaper so I booked it again and cancelled my original reservation.:jumping1:

Last edited:

Booked GF for 5 nights. Had to cancel that trip but then re-booked 2 nights at GF and one night at AKL. Just switched the night at AKL to WL CL. Can't wait! Thought of this thread when I made my changes and realized how much I LOVE making my resort reservations:rotfl:

Yes it has been awhile! I have 2 trips, Sept going to DL, staying offsite. In one of the hotels across the street.
And in Nov going to WDW, it's been my dream to go and see the Christmas decorations! But because I work in a high school it's hard to take off when school is in session. I managed to get a leave and going late Nov - early Dec. before prices skyrocket for Holiday Season. Staying at Pop 11 nights.

Booked GF for 5 nights. Had to cancel that trip but then re-booked 2 nights at GF and one night at AKL. Just switched the night at AKL to WL CL. Can't wait! Thought of this thread when I made my changes and realized how much I LOVE making my resort reservations:rotfl:

I does give a sort of "rush" doesn't it? :rotfl:

Yes it has been awhile! I have 2 trips, Sept going to DL, staying offsite. In one of the hotels across the street.
And in Nov going to WDW, it's been my dream to go and see the Christmas decorations! But because I work in a high school it's hard to take off when school is in session. I managed to get a leave and going late Nov - early Dec. before prices skyrocket for Holiday Season. Staying at Pop 11 nights.

That's awesome!!! I've only been to WDW once during the holidays but man it was beautiful!! Enjoy!!

Whoa, my ticker is down to 1 month until our 9 nights Poly CL. We've got a packed itinerary while we are down there. I am super excited!!! :dance3:

That's awesome!!! I've only been to WDW once during the holidays but man it was beautiful!! Enjoy!!

Whoa, my ticker is down to 1 month until our 9 nights Poly CL. We've got a packed itinerary while we are down there. I am super excited!!! :dance3:[/QUOTE

You should check out the holiday decorations at DHS if you get the chance. They had these vintage tinsel decorations and some window displays to fit in with the 40s-50s era all along the boulevards and they had snow falling. Much more than even MK's Main Street. I fell in love with this park all over again during last holiday season. I would check to see if there are some later hours some evening for this.

15673066_1372616332749903_390848222408701488_n.jpg

Whoa, my ticker is down to 1 month until our 9 nights Poly CL. We've got a packed itinerary while we are down there. I am super excited!!! :dance3:
This is the first August we won't be in WDW! DL instead! I'm really looking forward to the Nov Christmas decorations!
Enjoy Poly! We were there 2 weeks Aug 2015 last Poly visit. Had volcano pool view in Samoa. Loved it! Only thing I didn't like were the bungalows being there! First stay since bungalows and thought they took up too much beach real estate. And views. Before there never was a problem finding lounges on the beach for movies or wishes. Now there are so few.

Bumping. It's been awhile. Anyone around?
Hey there! I can only get on the DIS to reply on my laptop...we are leaving next Wednesday for Clearwater Beach...I have no idea where in WDW we will end up. Right now it's CR CL. But you know that I am missing my Epcot resorts and BC and BWI keep popping up. And POFQ has an amazing August rate....as the ticker turns.....We have a split stay at Universal LOL

Hey there! I can only get on the DIS to reply on my laptop...we are leaving next Wednesday for Clearwater Beach...I have no idea where in WDW we will end up. Right now it's CR CL. But you know that I am missing my Epcot resorts and BC and BWI keep popping up. And POFQ has an amazing August rate....as the ticker turns.....We have a split stay at Universal LOL

What dates will you be in WDW? I'm sure we are just missing each other as usual. :rolleyes:

I have shown amazing restraint for our trips this year-August trip I couldn't change(rented points for SSR 2nd half, found amazing deal for CSR first few days), but the October trip...girls trip...at POP for now (I have changed dates though lol). Staying mostly offsite for Thanksgiving (may have day at beginning and end of trip onsite) but waiting to book those because plans haven't been finalized yet.
Ok with August trip, but the october trip trying really really hard to not change (got a good deal, so will keep open mind if something else becomes available).
@Sue M -it is our first time seeing Holiday decorations too (well I saw MK for NYE a gazillion years ago and I was working there :))

Which Universal hotel? Love the Universal hotels. I wish they still had that Orlando pass that included 2 weeks unlimited admission to your choice combo of Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens and Wet & Wild. Great ticket. We always picked Universal, SeaWorld and Aquatica. Sometimes added Busch. So 3 or 4 park combo.
I think that ticket was discontinued last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!