• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ASMusic or Coronado Springs for quickie solo trip?

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the resorts board, but wanted to see what your thoughts were here, adults and solo travelers!

I'll be at WDW for a quickie 3-night trip in mid-December. I'm trying to make it a cheap trip, so have a reservation at ASMusic. I haven't stayed at an All-Star resort since 1999 (Movies), cuz I've been at the Swan or Dolphin ever since. Should I stick with ASMusic to save money, or upgrade a bit to Coronado Springs?

depends - first of all I would go with Pop Century over All Stars resort - but that is me.

PC is full of memories. It has a lake - so nice for long walks around it.

Now CSR has one of the best pools at WDW. It also has one of the strangest food courts - some people love it - other hates it.

they charge you a 10% tip for finding you a seat and bringing you a drink - if you have bad service -then there is no tip - but you need to tell the CM behind the cashier why.

the food is definitely more expensive - but also, in my opinion, much better.

So it just depends upon what you want.

there is also a hot tub out with the main pool at CSR - there is only pools at the value resorts.

CSR also has a gym, hair salon, convention center. A very nice restuarant.

Now I have stayed at the All Star music - Jazz - but I really preferred Pop Century - I laugh more here - it bring back so many old memories....

You might want to check with CRO to see if there are any discount rates still around - also see what the availability is at Pop and CSR for your dates. If something better comes along, that's great. Otherwise you still have your reservation at ASMu.

There's also a great rate at the Swan thru allears.net for Mousefest ($99 + tax and resort fee) - might be worth looking into for your dates!!!

Good luck!!! :teeth:

Thanks for your quick replies. The Swan and Dolphin are booked for my dates. I already have a very good discounted rate for ASMusic, and could get one at CSR, too. I have asked about Pop Century, but there is no availability at the discounted rate. So - it's really between Music (or Sports) and Coronado Springs. I won't be using the pools...just wondering about things like bus transportation, noise, etc.

CSR has it's own bus (but 4 bus stops) vs. ASMu shares busses sometimes. Also CSR is a little more adult-oriented (being a convention hotel) and has extras available like the fitness center and hair salon.

As far as noise, I think CSR might be a little quieter. But it's also larger and more spread out than ASMu.

Hope this helps some with your decision!!! :teeth:

Thanks, travelin' tigger! I think I'd rather stay at CSR...just don't know if I can justify the extra cost.

I'm known to be rather "thrifty". I've never stayed at CSR, but I stayed solo at ASMusic once. I'd always stayed at POR or POFQ solo, but decided to try ASMusic once to save money. Believe me, that was my first and last stay at ASMusic-even cheap me, yes I feel the moserates are definitely worth the extra money. ASMusic just screamed "CHEAP" to me all the time I was there .I did walk over to ASMovies and that looked a lot better, and I did stay at ASSports once for one night, that wasn't too bad. But I think any moderate would be so much better.

what I didn't like about the values was their lack of a lounge - Pop Century has one and an outside bar. so WDW was listening....

No I don't drink all the time.

but a little drink one night on vacation is nice - even nicer is having the drink in your own hotel....

CSR has this - the All Stars don't.

I don't think you can stay away from that pool - it is downright....

OK, I saw on WDW's web site that rooms were still available at Pop Century, so I called to see if the AP rate was available. Lo and behold - it was...so I switched from ASMusic to Pop Century! Thanks, everyone, for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter