Astro Orbiter?

Not a big fan of this ride (but I generally avoid the carnavelish rides at Disney, in that regard I avoid the Dinosaur seciton of AK altogether).

One of the problems I have with it, as others have mentioned, is that it's a very slow loader. Last time we went, we got in the line for this about 15 minutes after park opening and still had to wait another 15 minutes to ride (too much of a waste of valuable early morning park time for such a ho-humish attraction).

It might be fun at night, but I'm in the BTDT camp on this one.

I am not a fan. DH and I took our kids who were 2 and 4 at the time. DH rode with our 2 year old and I rode with our 4 year old. I'm extremely afraid of heights anything more than 2 stories up and I'm freaking out. Let's just say my 4 year old thought it was fun to freak me out. I will never ride it again.

If you are tall ride with a short person..my neice and daughter got stuck getting in..my daughter knees were pressed against the metal..my neice so knees pressing into her back..took paramedics to get them out after 20 minutes..both bruised and daughter crying from fear and pain of metal pressing into knees..they never even took down our names or followed up to make sure was ok..love Disney but that was disappointing

Astro Orbiter, IMO, is the most terrifying ride in Disney!! I rode it once and I will never go near it again. I can ride any coaster in the park without hesitation. But, that rickety, tilty, cramped, high-in-the-sky contraption where all of things were made even more frightening given that I rode it in the dark, was one and done for me. It is the only ride I have been on that I regretted immediately - the ones where you do that silent 'get me off, get me off, get me off ...' mantra in your head. :scared1:

i LOVE Astro Orbiter! Throw back to early ideas for the park. Throw back to days when space travel was so incomprehensible. I'm up high. i'm going faster than an Elephant can fly. It's marvelous!

AO is scarier and faster than most people think it is before they ride it. Like most outside rides it is much better at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts