At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

You're plan for DD looks great! I recommend adding the Co-Op for a store to visit. It has so much cool stuff! I also recommend the Sunset Margarita at Dockside. I had one a couple weeks ago and it was so good! Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you! I added it to the list! Also, I have heard of the Sunset Marg so I think that is what I am shooting for!

Okay before I get to my This Time Next Week post, I'll post a few personal photos. First up is my calendar:
IMG_6081.JPG Some of the things I need to do this week and then Disney!!!

Which brings me to this photo:
IMG_6082.PNG
We are going to Disney THIS WEEK!!!!

And then these photos:
IMG_6098.JPG
IMG_6099.JPG
IMG_6100.JPG
IMG_6101.JPG
IMG_6102.JPG
The state of affairs in my guest bedroom!!

Oh and I want to apologize to all of you that are currently doing TRs that I haven't kept up with the last few weeks. I will do my best this week but just know I will catch up after my trip. Its just been crazy with school ending and now, our trip is fast approaching. If you are still reading this, I thank you!!

Last edited:
This Time Next Week 6/4/2017
Okay, so this is it! Our first day in the parks. An MK rope drop day. And actually earlier than rope drop since guests are allowed on Main Street an hour earlier. Anywho, I plan to get up about 6am and get myself ready, get DH up about 6:45, the boys up at 7, out to the bus by 7:15/7:30 and then hopefully on a bus and rolling into MK around 7:45ish or so, based on how long we have to wait for said bus.
magic-kingdom-sign.jpg
Now, we won't see this because we will actually be inside these gates already since we are at the WL but we should actually see this the day before!

After the bus and once we get into the park, we should eventually see this:
Magic_Kingdom_-_Cinderella_Castle_-_by_K_Rommel-Esham.jpg
But we will probably do a little shopping and wandering first. Around 8:55, we should see this:
magic-kingdom-stage-show.jpg
Then once it is over, we will head this direction:
adventureland.jpg
First stop: Jungle Cruise!

Then we will head on to Frontierland:
frontierland-signs.jpg
We will hit up BTMRR but we will need to use Child Swap because Will isn't tall enough.

Then we will head back around to do PotC and Aladdin before we head to our 10:35 breakfast ADR:
crystal palace.jpg
Yum!

Next up, we'll head over to try to meet Peter Pan, then ride Peter Pan with a FP. Then we will head to Main Street. I want to stop for some treats at Main Street Bakery before heading to our next FP:
Talking-Mickey.jpg
Then we will head for a pool and rest break at the resort.

Around 5, we will head back to MK to Fantasyland. I'll do 7DMT, we will do Pooh, then Dumbo, Barnstormer, Under the Sea, IASW, the carousel, then dinner at CHH. Next Haunted Mansion, then we will head to Tomorrowland Terrace to check in to the Happily Ever After dessert party!! I'm so looking forward to this, even though I booked it recently, on a whim.

After a few desserts, we will head to the Garden Plaza to watch the new show:
happilyeverafter-title2.jpg
After this, I would like to head back to Frontierland to Country Bears. This way we can knock that out (a request of the DH as well as it being a must-do classic) while allowing the crowds to exit. I'm hoping we have time to run over to Swiss Family Treehouse so I can climb up and see the lights, however if the boys are all ready to head out, we will.

We will definitely go after the Treehouse if we didn't before. We'll head back to WL and call it a night!

Up next: This Time Next Week 6/5/2017

Last edited:
I pack the same way! I just start grabbing things when I think of it. It becomes a week long process. The times that I don't do it that way, I forget tons of stuff!

I am loving your On this day next week run down!

the boys up at 7, out to the bus by 7:15/7:30
What!!!! How do you get you boys up and ready in 15 minutes!!!! I need to know your secret! It takes me 15 minutes to get Morgan out of bed, eat alone dressed and ready to go. EVEN at Disney!

But we will probably do a little shopping and wandering first. Around 8:55, we should see this:
You should get a donut sundae from The Plaza while you waiting. I know you have breakfast reservations, but you will need something before that.....
Donut Sundae.png

before we head to our 10:35 breakfast ADR:
I think if you share one, you would all still be ready to eat at 10:35...

Tomorrowland Terrace to check in to the Happily Ever After dessert party!! I'm so looking forward to this, even though I booked it recently, on a whim.
I am looking forward to seeing how this goes for you guys! I am still thinking about signing up for one when we are there... We will see. I am waiting to see if they are going to "surprise" us with announcing Paint the Night coming to Disney World. (or maybe I am just being way to hopeful)

I pack the same way! I just start grabbing things when I think of it. It becomes a week long process. The times that I don't do it that way, I forget tons of stuff!
I have actually been throwing stuff in there for quite some time, plus I had some stuff we used last year in there, but at that point it was just one corner. I actually pulled the clothes out last weekend to start planning outfits and I started buying stuff this month when I saw it on sale. So now, it is taking over!

I am loving your On this day next week run down!
Thank you! I love it!

What!!!! How do you get you boys up and ready in 15 minutes!!!! I need to know your secret! It takes me 15 minutes to get Morgan out of bed, eat alone dressed and ready to go. EVEN at Disney!
HAHA. Well, I will be honest. I don't normally do that. My DH gets them ready in the mornings because I have to leave early for work. But here is my logic: they will eat grab and go - granola bar, poptart, dry cereal - on Main Street (or in the car for the other parks). All we will really need to do is get them up - thinking easy when at Disney bc they will be so excited but it may be tougher as we get closer to the end of the week - and get them sunscreened up and dressed. Oh and teeth brushed. That's the only agenda for the room. I may be way wrong but my fingers are crossed...lol. And because we are all in the same room, they may actually wake up earlier because the adults will be up. Though I hope I get my 45 minutes to myself to get cooffeed up and dressed...lol.

You should get a donut sundae from The Plaza while you waiting. I know you have breakfast reservations, but you will need something before that.....
donut-sundae-png.240573
I can't believe I am going to type this...but that just may be too sweet for me for breakfast. I was originally planning on cronuts from Casey's but I don't think they are open at 8 anymore. Then I was thinking one of the days we would do the strawberry waffle plate from there but I was thinking Tuesday since we don't have BOG until 11:30. Or I think Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) has some wraps. Otherwise, I pretty much plan on the grab and go I mentioned before. We'll see how it shakes out though.

I am looking forward to seeing how this goes for you guys! I am still thinking about signing up for one when we are there... We will see.
I will definitely post about it on FB so watch there because, while I hope to get the TR started rather quickly once back...ya never know.

I am waiting to see if they are going to "surprise" us with announcing Paint the Night coming to Disney World. (or maybe I am just being way to hopeful)
I wish! I asked about it on the Rumor thread and they said nada on a nighttime parade anytime soon. I think the speculation is for the 50th but who knows. I mean, they seem to be doing okay without one...and adding all this nighttime entertainment elsewhere...so it definitely could be a few years. Hiss! Boo!

Just catching up this morning before the family comes for a BBQ!

I'll freely admit this is the worst injury for one of my children (knock on wood) that I have dealt with thus far and it left me feeling very helpless and very worried.
I'm so glad he's better and I feel your pain. Ricky's dislocated knee in Feb. was the worst for either of my kids and I felt the same way, helpless and worried. Still worry it'll come back and be a problem next season, or the season after, or when he's an adult...................the worry will never go away!

Moving on...Disney, it seems, has decided to, all of a sudden, stop the practice of SDFP (Same Day Fast Pass) where one can use a "rogue" band to book same day fast passes at kiosks. Just an FYI: this was never against Disney's Terms of Service, so the people that participated in this were not "breaking the rules". In any case, it was always considered a "cherry on top" type thing that could go away at any time. I personally have never done it but had planned to try it out with my parents' bands this year and based our planning on doing so. But now, apparently, that is most likely, going away. Which is fine, but I just wish I had had more notice. In the end, its not a vacation ruiner, but it does require me to reconfigure some things.
This doesn't seem to happen to us too often but you get it a lot lol! I did read on the thread about it that last night or the night before, a bunch of people came out of their dessert party about 30 minutes early to catch the new show. I too wish they'd post info. as to whether it's every night or not and if the time will change because I just made some rough plans for our Aug. trip and I want to see this, plus I have a client doing the SW dessert party in Aug. and need to know if it effects them.......................

Here is my handsome big boy's cap and gown photo! Oh, I love him so!
Love it!

Its 461 total miles from our house to WL
I think we're like 2000 :rotfl2:

6 hr 45 min generally speaking.
Now I don't like you even though this isn't news to me. Just kidding :hug: Jealous every time I hear it though, since we're 24 hours!

while I take the boys east toward the Lego Store. I also want to visit Amorette's Patisserie, Tren-D, World of Disney
Once Upon a Toy, Uniqlo, Dockside Margaritas, Goofy's Candy Co, Disney's Days of Christmas, AristoCrepes, Ghiradelli, and maybe the Photopass Studio
LMAO why don't you just say, "while I take the boys to every single store in DS?"

Right??? Wait until they're teens!! Ricky gets up at 5:50; he's not bad about physically getting up. But his hair? Forget it. Takes FOREVER :rolleyes: Then he comes down with like 6 minutes to spare, shoves breakfast in his mouth, complaining how his hair sucks b/c it doesn't fall the right way lol.

Your daily plans so far look great!! Before you know it - you'll be there!!!

I'm so glad he's better and I feel your pain. Ricky's dislocated knee in Feb. was the worst for either of my kids and I felt the same way, helpless and worried. Still worry it'll come back and be a problem next season, or the season after, or when he's an adult...................the worry will never go away!
Yep, as mommas we will always worry! I do hope Ricky doesn't have to deal with the injury anymore! And my boys don't get too injured in the future!

I too wish they'd post info. as to whether it's every night or not and if the time will change because I just made some rough plans for our Aug. trip and I want to see this, plus I have a client doing the SW dessert party in Aug. and need to know if it effects them.......................
I know, right? Still looking for more info. Apparently it is not even on the times guide this week yet they are showing it.

I think we're like 2000 :rotfl2:
:rotfl:

Now I don't like you even though this isn't news to me. Just kidding :hug: Jealous every time I hear it though, since we're 24 hours!
I really should go more often! Just wait til I get those APs...lol. AJ and I are already planning to sneak down together!

LMAO why don't you just say, "while I take the boys to every single store in DS?"
HAHA...so true!

Right??? Wait until they're teens!! Ricky gets up at 5:50; he's not bad about physically getting up. But his hair? Forget it. Takes FOREVER :rolleyes: Then he comes down with like 6 minutes to spare, shoves breakfast in his mouth, complaining how his hair sucks b/c it doesn't fall the right way lol.
Thank goodness we are NOT at that stage yet!

Your daily plans so far look great!! Before you know it - you'll be there!!!
Thank you! Yep, excitement AND anxiety has kicked in!

Love your arrival day. I'm envious of how close you live. We are getting annual passes this summer and are trying to fit a Christmas trip in, but getting down there is troublesome. A 24 hour drive is way to far with a 2 year old and flying around Christmas is just expensive, especially out of a small airport market like ours.

I also love your 10:35 ADR at Crystal Palace. We did this idea on our last trip and loved it so much we are doing it again this time. We like touring for about an hour and a half and then getting that later breakfast. The restaurant wasn't very crowded which was great since breakfast was winding down and it was a nice break in the morning of touring. Also, since it wasn't very crowded the characters came around nice and quick for us which we found was a problem when we used to do an 8:00 AM ADR.

I'll be interested to see how the dessert party is. We have done it on about the last three trips, but aren't doing it this time. Hope it goes great for you!

Great first day at Magic Kingdom!!

I'm envious of how close you live. We are getting annual passes this summer and are trying to fit a Christmas trip in, but getting down there is troublesome. A 24 hour drive is way to far with a 2 year old and flying around Christmas is just expensive, especially out of a small airport market like ours.
Yes, I'm afraid I might be dangerous with an AP but I am going to try it for our 2019/2020 trips and see how it goes! I am so glad we do not have to buy airline tickets on top of everything else! I hope you get it worked out.

I also love your 10:35 ADR at Crystal Palace. We did this idea on our last trip and loved it so much we are doing it again this time.
Yes, we did it last year, as well!

We like touring for about an hour and a half and then getting that later breakfast.
This was our plan last year but I traveled with my parents and my dad just refused to get up early, so I think we arrived right about time for the ADR. :crazy2:

lso, since it wasn't very crowded the characters came around nice and quick
Yes, it seemed that way for us, as well.

I'll be interested to see how the dessert party is. We have done it on about the last three trips, but aren't doing it this time. Hope it goes great for you!
Thank you!

Great first day at Magic Kingdom!!
Thanks!

This Time Next Week 6/5/2017
So this is our Epcot/DHS split day. We will start out at Epcot, planning for another rope drop morning. We will drive over but we shouldn't need to be to Epcot as early as MK. So I think I have everyone getting up about 30 min or so later than the day before.

Once we arrive, we will head to the extremely popular Imagination Pavilion...lol.
JourneyIntoImagination1.jpg
Probably wouldn't be most people's first choice but it worked out in our schedule, so I went with it.

Next up we will hit
the-land-pavilion.jpg

where we will ride
Soarin_Sign_Epcot_Center-Soarin.jpg
I'm hoping we can get two rides - we will again have to use Child Swap - before we check in for our breakfast:
garden-grill-restaurant-sign-1-9.jpg
After a little time with Farmer Mickey and friends, we have FPs booked for
living with the land.jpg
Then after that we will head over to:
test-track-sign-1-5.jpg
Again, we will need to do two rides using my FP and Child Swap. I am also hoping to stop at Test Track Cool Wash for an "adult" frozen slushie!

Then we will head towards the front for a ride on:
spaceship earth.jpg

Next is a pool/rest break at the resort. Afterward, we will head over to DHS. We will grab an early dinner at:
backlot-express-restaurant-sign-2-9.jpg

Next we will check out a show:
muppets 3d.jpg

Then a ride on:
gmr.jpg

Continued in next post

Last edited:
This Time Next Week 6/5/2017 continued
Depending on time, we might try to meet a character in the area. Otherwise, we will head over to:
LaunchBaySign-1024x576.jpg
I am hoping to meet Chewie and BB-8 before the dessert party if possible...or hang out with the Jawas. As soon as it is time to check in for the party, we will do that. We will enjoy some drinks and dessert, then head out to the viewing area early to grab a good spot. If they have the new projection show running at 9, we will make sure we are out by then. Then around 9:30, we will watch this:
swags.jpg
I am sure we will all enjoy it. However, I saw the Star Wars fireworks show last year and I am fairly certain this won't be quite as good. Regardless, we will have a great time watching.

After that it will be time to head back to the room and get settled in. If we did not see the EWP Saturday night, or even if we did, I might head out to the balcony for a view with a night cap. Then it will be off to bed.

Up next: This Time Next Week 6/6/2017

Last edited:
I'm trying to get caught up. I'm so sorry ya'll had the stomach bug, but luckily it was gone before your trip. Poor AJ and his face. Happy to hear it has healed.

stop the practice of SDFP (Same Day Fast Pass) where one can use a "rogue" band to book same day fast passes at kiosks.

This is terrible news. I used this on our trip and it worked great.

Here is my handsome big boy's cap and gown photo! Oh, I love him so!

Fabulous picture!

And here is my set of Star Wars ears that I wasn't sure would make it on time.

So cute. We saw so many interesting ears this trip.

And actually earlier than rope drop since guests are allowed on Main Street an hour earlier.

We loved this. It worked great.

think Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) has some wraps.

We grabbed breakfast here on both of our MK days.

How exciting! Your trip is so close. I hope you're able to get everything done you want to before you leave. I failed miserably on getting my list done. Have fun. I would love to follow along on facebook. I'm Vanessa Landreneau Massey on Facebook

Sounds like another great day!
Thank you!

I'm so sorry ya'll had the stomach bug, but luckily it was gone before your trip. Poor AJ and his face. Happy to hear it has healed.
Thank you so much!

This is terrible news. I used this on our trip and it worked great.
I know, right? I'm glad you were able to use it on your trip. There may be a work-around but it won't be quite as nice as the original.

Fabulous picture!
Thank you!

So cute. We saw so many interesting ears this trip.
I can't wait to join the ranks of the ear-wearers! :)

We loved this. It worked great.
Glad to hear! I cannot wait to experience it.

We grabbed breakfast here on both of our MK days.
Oh? How was it?

How exciting! Your trip is so close. I hope you're able to get everything done you want to before you leave.
Yes, I hope so, as well...lol. I am a horrible procrastinator though, so we shall see.....

I failed miserably on getting my list done.
Oh no. Though I see this happening to me!

Have fun. I would love to follow along on facebook. I'm Vanessa Landreneau Massey on Facebook
Requested to be friends! :)

This Time Next Week 6/6/2017
We will be headed back to MK this day:
magic-kingdom-sign.jpg
We are planning to arrive early, just like on Sunday. And we will get another several looks at this beauty:
Magic_Kingdom_-_Cinderella_Castle_-_by_K_Rommel-Esham.jpg
After the opening show, we will be headed towards a different part of MK than on Sunday:
tomorrowland.jpg
First off, I plan to jump on:
space mtn.jpg
while Chad takes the boys on the People Mover. Then we will hit up Tomorrowland Speedway and Buzz. Then we will head to:
Fantasyland-Expansion-Welcome-Sign.jpg
to meet Donald and Goofy. After that, we might head back over and meet Buzz, based on the time and the line. Then we will visit Laugh Floor and this time a ride for all four of us on the People Mover.

After this it will be time to head to lunch:
be-our-guest-restaurant-sign-1-577x625.jpg
then to a classic - Carousel of Progress. Afterward, we will head back over to Storybook Circus so the boys can play in the Casey Jr Splash and Soak area. Then we hope to catch a ride:
wdw rr.jpg
to the front of the park so we can head out for our usual pool and rest break.

Later we will head back to MK. I built in some Photopass Photo time - maybe in front of the castle, then we will be back to Fantasyland:
Fantasyland_Full_18389.jpg
for another ride on Pooh and to watch Philharmagic.

After that, it will be time for dinner:
PecoBill_15-001-700x466.jpg

Next it will be back to:
adventureland.jpg
for a visit to the Tiki Room, a ride on some magic carpets, and a nighttime boat ride.

Continued in next post

Last edited:
This Time Next Week 6/6/2017 continued
We might grab a Dole Whip after all that and then make our way back over to:
frontierland-signs.jpg
Hopefully the timing will be right and I can ride BTMRR when HEA is going on. Would love to be riding while fireworks are going off!

Next up is the Frontierland Shooting Arcade for the boys - does anyone know if they take bands? or is it cash only?

Then I threw in Country Bears in case we don't get it done on our first night. Then we may attempt another ride on PP based on the line. Maybe Dumbo again. Then we will make our way back over to:
tomorrowland.jpg
to finish the night with Tomorrowland Speedway, the People Mover, and Astro Orbiter.

I would love to shut the place down but we will see how long the boys - all 3 of them - actually last! In any case, we will head back to the resort eventually and head to bed!

Up next: This Time Next Week 6/7/2017

Last edited:
Yay for another MK day! We have a memory maker this time and I didn't even think about blocking out time for it. I'm really excited about it though. Have you done it before? Any tips?

I love that you are hitting the People Mover multiple times (well at least the guys are). I think it is so underrated as a ride. Although, I'd like it to stay that way. If too many people became aware of how relaxing and enjoyable it is, it might be ruined.

I'm really enjoying your "this time next week" updates! Keep 'em comin'!

Still looking good! I can't remember if you guys rode Jungle Cruise at night last year but it's lots of fun and I think a different "feel" than during the day.

Next up is the Frontierland Shooting Arcade for the boys - does anyone know if they take bands? or is it cash only?
No bands, and I believe cash only. We use cash whenever we do it but I don't think you can use a cc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter