At OKW and room ready????

winjos

A spelling challenged English teacher
We checked in on Monday and had a couple choices of rooms. We arrived around 2:30 pm and where happy that A room was available, let alone a couple of rooms ready. Well, with all good things come some not so good things. The Good: we got our favorite building and room. The Bad: the room was filthy. There was a rolled up blanket on the closet floor, paper bags in the kitchen cabinets, left over disney bags under the bathroom sink, a used sippy cup lid in the master armoire, and a half used bottle of syrup in the kitchen cabinet. Lots of missing stuff in the kitchen too. I was a bit shocked. :earseek: Called mousekeeping and the manager came up and took notes. He was very appologetic.

Now we've stayed here a bunch of times and have always had spotless rooms. Must have been an off day for the mousekeeper. :confused3 It just reminded me of a post I read where the poster brings Clorox wipes. I thought about that the whole time I was grocery shopping.

The weather's funky due to Hurricane Rita. We were at MK yesterday, bought the rain poncho and two seconds later the sun came out! That how the whole day went (poncho on stroller, we were standing in line and downpour, etc.) Had a great day and there were practically NO LINES!!! Yippee!!

The pool is great and everyone is very helpful, happy, and nice!! Enjoying our time! :banana:

Thanks for checking in and have a great trip!!

Sounds like you were assigned a room that was not finished and should not have been assigned.

I know what you mean about lines. We were just down there while OPHELIA was just off the coast. Everyone back home were thinking we were getting soaked, but we got about 20 minutes of rain one day out of 5!!!!!!!!!! They even closed the fast pass because there was no reason to get one. On some rides they would let us just stay on if we wanted to go again, but most we just unloaded and walked around and got right back on with no waiting. Lowest attendance I have seen. The day we visited the Magic Kingdom we rode Space Mountain 3 times and when we exited the last time as far as I could see in any direction I could only see about 20 PEOPLE!!!!!!! In the mornings once the crowds entered the parks and dispursed it was almost like you had the park to yourselves. AWESOME trip. Sorry you actually got the rain.

Swear by those Clorox cleanups lol, though you did the right thing by letting someone know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter