At The Aiport Do You Use the OutsideSkycap Bagge handlers...

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
or bring your luggage inside to the appropriate line. I've never used the skycap porters, I like to see my luggage actually go on the belt. I'm thinking about giving it to them outside this time though. Will they know what the yellow tags are for? How much do you tip them?All these years of flying and I've never used them, they seem really diappointed when I don't hand over my luggage.

I haven't driven up to the drop off area at SeaTac for years. I always take the subway and the walkway connects you to inside of the terminal. I am not even sure if they have SkyCaps at SeaTac any longer.

or bring your luggage inside to the appropriate line. I've never used the skycap porters, I like to see my luggage actually go on the belt. I'm thinking about giving it to them outside this time though. Will they know what the yellow tags are for? How much do you tip them?All these years of flying and I've never used them, they seem really diappointed when I don't hand over my luggage.

I've used them some places. San Diego last summer, for instance. I tip a buck or two per bag. The yellow tags aren't for them, they are for when they arrive at MCO; as long as the handlers don't take them off, they don't need to do anything with them.

I haven't driven up to the drop off area at SeaTac for years. I always take the subway and the walkway connects you to inside of the terminal. I am not even sure if they have SkyCaps at SeaTac any longer.

They do.

Lucky to be going south to the airport. Tacoma won't get the Link connected for years and years.

I use the self check in kiosk and tag my own bags and drop the bag in the designated area. they will not know what the yellow tags are for because they do not work for the Bags company that is located at the Orlando airport. Your yellow tags are only useful to the bag system in Orlando.

I haven't used an inside line for years. Always use the SkyCap line outside. I don't want to push around my bags any longer than I have to. And the line is usually shorter.

If we can use it we do. It's nice to not worry about the line inside and the tip you give them is well worth it the efficiency they usually give.

For airports other than our home one it was nice when my husband had A-list status for the inside line when skycap wasn't available as that would help speed up a bit however he no longer has that status for this year.

The self-service kiosks aren't bad either but I prefer to use skycap.

Our next trip is international so we won't be able to use them :(

We always use the skycap. The line is usually shorter than inside and I always feel like it takes them less time to check your info and tag the bags. They put it on a belt that takes it wherever it needs to go the same way as inside so I don't have any concerns about using them. I fly out of Boston and we check the bags with the skycap and the security line is right through the doors next to the skycap so it makes it easy.

We always use the skycaps at curb-side check-in at both Midway and O'Hare for domestic flights. I've never had any problem with the yellow tags for DME/Bags when flying to Orlando. The skycaps simply add the appropriate luggage tags for the booked flight and I always confirm that the right destination airport appears on the claim checks I am given. Having worked in a tip-dependent job back in the days of my youth, I tip generously for the service, typically $10 for 2 or 3 bags.

We always use the skycaps at curb-side check-in at both Midway and O'Hare for domestic flights. I've never had any problem with the yellow tags for DME/Bags when flying to Orlando. The skycaps simply add the appropriate luggage tags for the booked flight and I always confirm that the right destination airport appears on the claim checks I am given. Having worked in a tip-dependent job back in the days of my youth, I tip generously for the service, typically $10 for 2 or 3 bags.

I think I’ll try the skycap after reading this & tip them $10 too! Do you put your yellow tags on the side handle or the top where the handle pulls out?

Before Southwest put in the self tagging stations, I used the sky cap twice when the line inside was so long we were concerned about making our flight. Never an issue. Worth the tip.

I think I’ll try the skycap after reading this & tip them $10 too! Do you put your yellow tags on the side handle or the top where the handle pulls out?
I use the top handle, since that’s where the baggage handlers usually attach their routing tags. I think they are quite used to travelers having other tags on the bags, since many cruise lines offer baggage service when you purchase airport to port transfers from them.

I use the skycaps any chance I get. I tip a couple dollars per bag handled. The only time I did not tip was at Virgin America where there was a sign that no tips were accepted, and I kind of felt guilty for not doing so. I always mention to them the yellow tags must stay on and have had several skycap at LAX tell me that they know (have heard it before from others). I guess they are kind of used to seeing them.

Skycap whenever possible at MCO. 50/50 at other places - depends on lines

Always. Every single time.
It never fails that the lines inside totally fill the lanes but there's no one outside. I'm not spending over 30 min in line inside when I can leave it outside and be on my way in less than 5 min.
Besides, I do see the bags go on belts. They have belts there too. And we tip inside folks and outside the same

And we tip inside folks and outside the same

Tip inside folks??? I didn't know you were support to tip anyone inside the airport.

We started using the sky caps the next trip after, when we had a very early flight and had to wait for SW to even open up their counter. Then did the luggage two step for the next 30 mins.

Best $5-10 bucks spent.

Tip inside folks??? I didn't know you were support to tip anyone inside the airport.

We started using the sky caps the next trip after, when we had a very early flight and had to wait for SW to even open up their counter. Then did the luggage two step for the next 30 mins.

Best $5-10 bucks spent.
I have no idea if you are supposed to or not. DH just tips everyone

I use the top handle, since that’s where the baggage handlers usually attach their routing tags. I think they are quite used to travelers having other tags on the bags, since many cruise lines offer baggage service when you purchase airport to port transfers from them.
Oh ok
I thought I read we were not supposed to use the he handle that slides in & out of the suitcase.
It’s more visible there though.

Oh ok
I thought I read we were not supposed to use the he handle that slides in & out of the suitcase.
It’s more visible there though.
I put it on the fixed handle on mine, the one you grab when you are picking it up to place it on a rack, not the one you use to pull it
I also have my name tag on the same spot

At Phoenix they have curbside luggage check at the parking lot. We pull up, unload our luggage, get it checked and then park the car nearby. They have a short light rail that then takes you from the parking lot to the terminal. There is rarely any line here. Fast and easy. They do not have to know what the yellow tags are for. Only the handlers at MCO do.

Too many times the lines at the terminal, both curbside and inside are VERY VERY long. Haven't used them in years.

At Phoenix they have curbside luggage check at the parking lot. We pull up, unload our luggage, get it checked and then park the car nearby. They have a short light rail that then takes you from the parking lot to the terminal. There is rarely any line here. Fast and easy. They do not have to know what the yellow tags are for. Only the handlers at MCO do.

Too many times the lines at the terminal, both curbside and inside are VERY VERY long. Haven't used them in years.
Wow that sounds great, we flew into Phoenix last December from Austin & rented a car from the airport. It was the most efficient car rental place I’ve ever experienced. We drove to Vegas then flew back to California. We definitely plan to visit again. We loved Sedona & the Grand Canyon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter