Atlantis Monorails~Where'd they go?

Well, here is an update. This morning I turned on the tube at 6:50 am and it seemed like it was "All Shrek, All the Time!" A tech show was doing something on the graphics, an entertainment show was interviewing cast, Mike Myers was playing around with a Shrek doll on another channel, I just started laughing and thinking about this thread.

hallo

I'm here on Long Island, NY, and have seen many tv ads for Shrek. Also, the Baskin Robbins have been pushing it (with putrid-looking ice cream)

I saw a couple for Atlantis, but that was a while ago, haven't seen any recently. I also got a postcard promoing the early release of Atlantis in a theater in Manhattan. Seen a trailer for Atlantis, but none for Shrek.

I have seen nothing for Atlantis and if not for this Forum, I would not even know it exists. I have seen a bit for Shrek, including a HUGE puch by the Loews movie theatre in my area. Also, a couple of weeks ago, they played a Shrek preview before the movie I saw. I have been waiting to see something about Atlantis so I can decide if it looks good or not, but as of yet, I have not seen anything up here in the Boston, MA area.

Panthius :bounce:

OK!! I WANT THE PINK BOUNCY TO WORK!!!!

boldpurple.gif

You need special skills to make the pinkbouncy to work
boldpurple.gif

Just an Update I just did the 1:30 round trip from my house (River Forest Il) to Work (Rolling Meadows Il)
Almost every Shrek billboard I saw is gone. There are now only 2, one bus stop and one big billboard. As for What replaced it. Well Atlamtis kept all its billboards, so it now outnumbers shrek. Pearl Harbor is the most heavily advertised with 4 different ads about 10 per bus stop

Mulan Rouge follows also with 4-5 different ads.
Finally, WHat's the Worst that could happen? unfortunatly rounds it out.

So, Again, infer what you will. I just figure it confirms that Shey are ramping up the other movies now and since Shrek is almost out, its toning down.

Just for the record - there was a great insert in Parade magazine a couple of weeks ago about Atlantis - I had it laminated and it's hanging on my classroom wall!:D

I would have to say that I have seen about an equal number of ads for both movies, but I definitely hear more negative things in the media about Shrek because of it's pokes at Disney Classics. BTW There's a Tomb Raider movie coming out this summer? You would never know it!

Hey, I thought this was about the monorails! Anyway, last night I saw an ad for Shrek during late night TV. It actually featured the voice talents and characters from side to side. I never saw an ad pushing an animated film like that before. Personally, I hate the ideal of seeing this film with a passion. The only reason why its getting attention is because its simply taking jabs at Disney. Well Boo Hoo, Katzenburg, Why can't you just release an animated film without trying to tick off the company that rightfully screwed you?

Personally, I think the movie will do fairly well, but only do as much business as "Antz" or something like that. It will probally be sent down (no pun intended) by Pearl Harbor. I could talk about how I hate this film all day, but I don't want to bore you anymore.

And for "Tomb Raider", does anyone remember how "Super Mario Bros" and "Street Fighter" did?:rolleyes: Video game-based movies don't always do well at the B.O.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter