Audition for role as tomato

Ceilidhscot

Mouseketeer
I'm one of those pale blue Scottish people that burn unless I'm wearing factor 3000+

That's not the main problem though - in heat my face goes red...VERY red (think Vesuvius with molten lava). Make up slides down my face so that's a no-no but has anyone any suggestions for helping to keep the photos from our family vacation next October looking scary (and without the Mickeys not so scary Halloween party outfit on!).

Hi Ceilidhscot, I feel your pain. I refer to myself as Nosferatu because I have no business being out during daylight. I sunscreen all year long.

Here are my tips, so that you show up on film and won't scare the children.

SPF first (I use Shiseido for faces in the white bottle because it doesn't burn my eyes, goes on matte and stays put). Then a matte powder over that that can be touched up throughout the day whenever the redness rises. It won't hide it, nothing will, but it will tone it down a bit and dry out the red shine. I like Bare Minerals mineral veil with SPF (sensing a theme yet?)

Makeup to give me the illusion of life consists of mascara (usually with a waterproof sealer over the top to keep in in place) and a gel eyeliner. Stila and Tarte both make good ones that hold up to sweat and stay put. Don't forget to protect your lips (Sugar makes some nice tinted SPF for lips).

Thanks Rottiemum - I'll defo have a look at the Shiseido (I have a bottle of The Yeon SPF sunscreen that I order online as it doesn't clot the pores but willing to try anything).

Just worried with all the walking and the heat and humidity that the Disney photographers will avoid my family like the plague and I'll have no photos for the magic maker or the ones they do take I'll want to burn lol!

Omigosh I read the thread title and thought they were bringing back Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit. Too bad that's not happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!