August 14, 2017 Disney Dream

nancyjo1998

DIS Veteran
Just booked! This will be the second leg, with the first being on The Fantasy for a Western Caribbean! Super Excited! It will be me and DS 11 years.

Last edited:
Hello shipmates,

We are also booked on this cruise.

Originally we were sailing on the 3 night but I've just changed our plans as I thought 3 nights wasn't enough.

There's me Helen (Mum)
Ian (Dad)
Fallon (aged 4)

Hello shipmates,

Originally we were sailing on the 3 night but I've just changed our plans as I thought 3 nights wasn't enough.

There's me Helen (Mum)
Ian (Dad)
Fallon (aged 4)

We have done two 3 nights and I agree it is not long enough! The first one we did the 3 night because we were unsure if we would be those people that would get sea sick and be miserable the whole time. Our 2nd 3 night was only because that was the only one that would work with our spring break vacation and any length of cruise is better than none at all.

Hello! We are also on this cruise and are first timers. It will be me Jen (Mom), Addi (age 8), and Danielle (my best friend/Addi's Aunt). We are so excited for our first trip and wonder if you have any tips or are planning on doing the fish extender?

Jen

Hello shipmates,
This is the 1st time on DCL for us. Can't wait !! :tongue:
Kaoru (mom)、Taku(dad)and Gota (13 y.o. boy)

This will be my 1st cruise. I have a 12 year old son and a 7 year old daughter. Any tips ? Please share :)

Just booked last minute and we're so excited. This will be our second cruise with DCl. :)

I will be traveling with my husband, 15 year old daughter & 2 year old son.

Hello everyone! This is our first family cruise, so we are very excited. There are 5 of us. Myself, husband, twin 14 year old sons and 11 year old daughter. :genie:

Our first cruise! So excited!
Myself, husband, 21 year old daughter, 19 year old son, 17 year old daughter, 11 year old son.

Hi! Second cruise, first on Dream. It's me (Mom), my daughter 12yo, my sister and her 16yo. So excited!

Just booked as a rather last minute cruise (myself an godson 21) as a prelude to a journey that will hopefully take us to the path of the eclipse on the 21st.

It seems there are many first timers here, so I'll be glad to answer any questions.

As to how fish extenders work - someone with initiative offers to make a list of participants with cabin numbers and number/ages of kids. Participants put a fish extender up on their door (just Google "fish extender" for info), and bring enough small gifts to put in the fish extenders of other participants. I've participated a few times - the craziest was one of the Panama Canal cruises where there were well over 100 participants. Had to bring a separate box for the gifts, and it took hours to deliver. We also had to stop by the room several times a day to empty out the new deliveries. Never again.

Hi, this is our very first cruise ever! We are celebrating my son's 15th Birthday and we are super excited! We would love to participate on the fish extender but I m completely lost as to where to sign up for it.
Is 5 of us, Dad, Mom, son 15, son 12, and son 2!

Hi, this is our very first cruise ever! We are celebrating my son's 15th Birthday and we are super excited! We would love to participate on the fish extender but I m completely lost as to where to sign up for it.
Is 5 of us, Dad, Mom, son 15, son 12, and son 2!

Sad to say, nobody arranged a fish extender exchange for our cruise. But don't worry - you'll still have a great cruise. Encourage your son to go to the teen programming/mixers on the first day/evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter