AUGUST 2017 Car rental watch

I reserved my August 2017 rental last November. :scared: I haven't seen it cheaper since, and I check a lot. I have 2 weeks for $424, last August I paid $405 for the same 2 weeks. I'm thinking mine isn't going to budge. I'm still checking and hoping, though..:teeth:

Ouch. Last August and the year before I paid in the $200's for 2 weeks. I got the rate about a week before my trip in 2016 and on July 3rd in 2015 so keep checking often. :) It was the last week of August/first week of September though which is usually not peak season there.

When posting rates please post vehicle type. Minivan vs compact is night and day rates.

When posting rates please post vehicle type. Minivan vs compact is night and day rates.

So true. My rates were $250 for standard size in 2015 and $248 for fullsize in 2016 and $228 for midsize in 2016. They were through Costco so all included an additional driver. We end up with a minivan every time because MCO usually has minivans in the fullsize aisles. I've even paid $80 for a compact for the week and ended up with a minivan! That's one of the reasons I love MCO's Alamo. I feel like they know most people renting are families and they stock up on minivans. :)

The cheapest I could get right now is $404 for a compact car for 8/24-9/6. I'm hoping the trend holds true and the rates drop again this year!

So true. My rates were $250 for standard size in 2015 and $248 for fullsize in 2016 and $228 for midsize in 2016. They were through Costco so all included an additional driver. We end up with a minivan every time because MCO usually has minivans in the fullsize aisles. I've even paid $80 for a compact for the week and ended up with a minivan! That's one of the reasons I love MCO's Alamo. I feel like they know most people renting are families and they stock up on minivans. :)

The cheapest I could get right now is $404 for a compact car for 8/24-9/6. I'm hoping the trend holds true and the rates drop again this year!
And I have rented from Alamo many times and never once seen a minivan in the full size aisle. I always look too. Guess I just have bad luck. We have a party of 6 this time, so I have to reserve the minivan category. Still sitting at $444 :scared:.

And I have rented from Alamo many times and never once seen a minivan in the full size aisle. I always look too. Guess I just have bad luck. We have a party of 6 this time, so I have to reserve the minivan category. Still sitting at $444 :scared:.

Darn! When I read the previous minivan comment I got excited by the prospect of getting a minivan and only paying for standard. Standard does mean full size at MCO, right?

I have a Costco discount question. I booked standard at 383 for 13 days before my Costco membership expired in March. The rates are over 600 now. Do I need to rejoin Costco to use the old reservation?
I would, as they may ask to see your Costco Membership card. For my August reservation through Costco Travel, my email confirmation shows two confirmation codes, one for Costco Travel and one for Enterprise. They might key them in, they might not. Is it worth seeing them charge whatever they want because you let your membership lapse?

I hope I see the same rates. Right now I am booked with a fullsize (free upgrade and costco) for $433 for two weeks Aug 19 to Sept 2. I really hope it will get as low as $228! I will keep checking....:surfweb:

As of now, our dates are the same 8/19 to 9/2. However, we don't have our arrival flights yet. We are keeping our eyes on a 8/18 evening flight on frontier which will put us in Orlando after 10pm. I am all for an extra night in Orlando even if I am just grabbing a hotel for a night to sleep and shower!! ;)

I would, as they may ask to see your Costco Membership card. For my August reservation through Costco Travel, my email confirmation shows two confirmation codes, one for Costco Travel and one for Enterprise. They might key them in, they might not. Is it worth seeing them charge whatever they want because you let your membership lapse?

Mine has expired too. If I see a significant rate drop, I will renew my membership. It is worth the savings and worth eliminating the stress of being asked to provide the membership ID. I use my BJ's membership twice as much as Costco, so I will run their rates too. Groupon just had a special on BJ memberships for only $25 so I grabbed that. ::yes::

Here we go... I always like Alamo
right now using the Costco ID 7014627 and a $25 coupon AD2823JAZ

I have no idea where this $25 code came from, I think I found it on the March thread, I am a Costco member.
Happy hunting and please post your codes!
Thanks for the info! I just booked a much better rate using this for my trip- BTW I had to input my costco # to book it

Just ran mine again....with Costco code its at $799.51....with BJ's code its at 815.61 :scared1:

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Just ran mine again....with Costco code its at $799.51....with BJ's code its at 815.61 :scared1:

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
Tamara, have you checked the Costco Travel site directly? I just ran your dates on it, and the lowest price I see is $615 for a standard car, $625 for a full size car, both Alamo.

Does everyone here know that there are two sides to the MCO airport, and at least some of the car rental places have two locations at the airport? On another website I have read that if one Alamo/car rental place doesn't have what you want from their aisle, the other may. The "B" side is larger.

Just checked rates again, and they have gone down a lot on the Costco Travel Site for my dates, August 16-23rd. A minivan is still not down to what I reserved it for, but it is hopeful.

Does everyone here know that there are two sides to the MCO airport, and at least some of the car rental places have two locations at the airport? On another website I have read that if one Alamo/car rental place doesn't have what you want from their aisle, the other may. The "B" side is larger.

Thanks I currently have a reservation for a standard size with Costco for $463. I also have a reservation for a full-size with BJ's for $539. I will keep checking and I will keep in mind that the website directly may offer a better deal. My Costco membership expired and I am not sure I am going to renew. It has to be worth the savings on the rental car because we hardly use Costco much until holiday shopping time. :goodvibes

Costco rental prices are down about $100 for my stay (8/1-8/11). This morning, rates were $315 for a standard size compared to $425+ that they have been.
I booked in February and have a lower rate ($218) for the time frame. First time the rates have dropped for this time period in quite some time. Hopefully, they will keep dropping.

Renting through the car care center seems to be much cheaper than renting from MCO. Anyone ever rent from the car care center? Issues getting to/from there?

Just checked my dates again 2 weeks Aug 19 to Sept 2 with costco and free upgrade.....still over $600 but it is starting to come down. I have it locked in for $433 using the same promotions but I'm still hoping for it to go below that....$260 would be nice (I got that several years ago:)).

I also booked a second car Aug 25 to Sept 2 from the Disney Car Care Centre for $290 several days ago. When I checked on that one again today it is $390!

I'll make my decision when the prices get to their lowest. It's time to start checking every day.....8 weeks till we get there! :woohoo:

Just checked my dates again 2 weeks Aug 19 to Sept 2 with costco and free upgrade.....still over $600 but it is starting to come down. I have it locked in for $433 using the same promotions but I'm still hoping for it to go below that....$260 would be nice (I got that several years ago:)).

I also booked a second car Aug 25 to Sept 2 from the Disney Car Care Centre for $290 several days ago. When I checked on that one again today it is $390!

I'll make my decision when the prices get to their lowest. It's time to start checking every day.....8 weeks till we get there! :woohoo:

I can't believe I see someone going for the EXACT same 2 weeks as my family. That usually doesn't happen too often. :laughing:

Anyway....I never considered the Car Care Center but I guess I should give it a look. The only problem is, we are not going to Disney on this trip so I would have to pay for transportation from MCO to the Car Care Center. I guess I am stuck waiting for rates to drop. I know it will go below $400, but the hope is that it will go under $300!! :thumbsup2

I can't believe I see someone going for the EXACT same 2 weeks as my family. That usually doesn't happen too often. :laughing:

Anyway....I never considered the Car Care Center but I guess I should give it a look. The only problem is, we are not going to Disney on this trip so I would have to pay for transportation from MCO to the Car Care Center. I guess I am stuck waiting for rates to drop. I know it will go below $400, but the hope is that it will go under $300!! :thumbsup2
We are going to Disney for 6 nights at the start of our trip so we would be looking at not having a car for the first 6 days. We would use the Magical Express to get to Disney. I would rather have a car for the full time though. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!