August 2017 Trip Report

GunnarCharles

Mouseketeer
Just waiting at the airport to head back to KC so I thought I'd give a few thought's on the very recent 5 day, 4 night honeymoon:

Hotel- Stayed at the Swan, and I was very happy with it. In the past, its always been more value resorts so this was a step up and I didn't pay a premium price (booked through Costco). It was a park heavy trip so I can't give it a full review, but the location was so great and I'll never forget the ToT view from my window.

Food- We did 3 table service meals this trip. Sci Fi, Brown Derby, and Tusker House. Got the River's of Light and Fantasmic package with two of them. Sci Fi was great and nostalgic, but Brown Derby really took the cake. We had a great experience. Tusker House I would also recommend if you want a character meal.

Pandora- I defended this expansion before on the boards, and have taken some push back from people's skepticism. Having experienced it now, I am happier than ever with Disney creating it. I absolutely loved the whole experience. My wife, who is a huge Harry Potter and Universal fan, said FoP is her new favorite attraction, beating out Forbidden Journey. River Journey was so so for both of us, especially with the animatronic being out, but even still just getting to explore the land was an amazing attraction in itself.

Other thoughts-
1. Finally rode Mine Train and enjoyed it. Smooth, scenic, a nice addition to the Magic Kingdom, but still not an E ticket to me. I wouldn't put it in my top 5 or wait over an hour for it.
2. Crowd levels seemed plenty busy, but not overwhelming. We managed to get quite a bit done with proper planning and strategy. I wouldn't be afraid of going in August again, but I wish we could have gone later. Someday I hope to go in September or October for Food Wine Fest and Halloween.
3. Went to the DVC preview center at Saratoga Springs. They almost got me to join right there. I think it is realistically out of my price range now, but with some more info I certainly have something to dream about and work towards.

Overall it was a great trip. As we left Epcot this afternoon I told my wife I am not going to do these 4 and 5 year waits between trips anymore. I'm already ready to be back. See ya real soon, as soon as I can Orlando.

Just waiting at the airport to head back to KC so I thought I'd give a few thought's on the very recent 5 day, 4 night honeymoon

Congratulations on your honeymoon! I'm excited to hear more positive feedback on Tusker house-that's on our list for next year's trip! As an adult I've only been to Disney during food and wine and we are big fans. Definitely put it on your list for the one year anniversary trip!

Congratulations on your honeymoon! I'm excited to hear more positive feedback on Tusker house-that's on our list for next year's trip! As an adult I've only been to Disney during food and wine and we are big fans. Definitely put it on your list for the one year anniversary trip!
Thank you!
I think you'll be happy with Tusker House. We saw all the characters multiple times, and I thought some of the food was really excellent like the pork shoulder. We went around 2:30 so it wasn't really crowded either.
I felt the total experience combined with the Rivers of Light fastpasses made it worth the money.
Enjoy!

We keep hearing a lot of good things about Tusker house-I can't wait! Looking forward to Rivers of Light also-Flights of Passage is not my speed. Anything along the lines of Star Tours with the screens gives me a headache.

We skipped Animal Kingdom during our last trip entirely because I was pregnant and we figured, if we were going to run into mosquitoes, that was more likely to be the place. Really excited to get to go back next year and not have to skip anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter