August 2020 Reservations-still going?

Cattrip

Mouseketeer
So here's my situation. I have been canceled on three times-I currently have an August trip booked.....tickets are linked(bought from Disney) my DVC is booked and flights, but I never got the email from Disney Destinations saying I would get priority booking on the new reservation site when it launches...is anyone else in the same boat? Are August people canceling?

I have a split stay for early August. I’ve not heard ANYTHING from Disney yet. We won’t be canceling, though. We’re just planning on a resort-only trip, so the park stuff doesn’t really affect us.

We have a bounceback (park hopper free deluxe dining) staying at Boulder Ridge @ WL, we are due to check in 8/28

We have heard nothing from Disney, e-mail or otherwise.

Flights are booked via JetBlue

We are undecided about cancelling - spoke to some friends who live in Orlando & go to the parks all the time. They think it's going to have long lines and a lot of attractions closed. Their advice to me was that if the trip price was reduced to 50%, then think about going.

DH wants no part of wearing a mask in the August heat.

I have a split stay for early August. I’ve not heard ANYTHING from Disney yet. We won’t be canceling, though. We’re just planning on a resort-only trip, so the park stuff doesn’t really affect us.
Have a 7 night resort/ticket package stay in early August and have not received any emails either. Will probably cancel but just waiting to see more details at this point.

Same boat. My ADRs are dropping, cabana reservation disappeared, and no emails from Disney at all.
Still plan on going if we can. More concerned about border restrictions and hurricanes.

Okay- sounds like a lot of August reservations are still in the dark as far as communication from Disney. I am just so tired of calling airlines...I will probably keep our reservations for that reason alone-and I will loose my points if I don't.

We are 7/31-8/8 at YC vacation package not paid in full yet.
I received the generic email about rebooking dining and fastpasses but nothing about were we fall in terms of park reservations.
Lost my resort cabanas and some dining so far. I am getting so nervous of losing my whole vacation I booked a refundable vaca at Universal Studios Royal Pacific which guaranteed park admission.
Now I sit and wait ..........

Attachments

• C5E7D4A0-9EA0-42D5-99A5-BFF940495E12.png
    C5E7D4A0-9EA0-42D5-99A5-BFF940495E12.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 55

I’m going Aug 20-23 - meeting my sister and niece. We’re at CR, 2 rooms, I have tix through my package, and they have APs. Got a generic email yesterday. Our ADRs were cancelled, but our MNSSHP tix are there, and so is the Cruella party we had booked. Waiting for more direct contact before I solidify travel, but we’re planning to go. I’m perusing Etsy for the best facemasks;).

We are 7/31-8/8 at YC vacation package not paid in full yet.
I received the generic email about rebooking dining and fastpasses but nothing about were we fall in terms of park reservations.
Lost my resort cabanas and some dining so far. I am getting so nervous of losing my whole vacation I booked a refundable vaca at Universal Studios Royal Pacific which guaranteed park admission.
Now I sit and wait ..........
I’m considering booking Universal as a back up also. The cost is significantly less on top of the fact you are guaranteed park admission without having to jump through hoops or wait anxiously for emails that some people get and some don’t with no clear explanation.

I'm booked for a poly studio for the end of August I'm probably going to cancel. I did get the vague email today about my dining and experience reservations getting cancelled but they haven't yet. I just don't know if I wanna pay poly money (not points) for the no characters, no fireworks, no park hopping, ect. Universal is starting to look good, they still have their express passes going on and I called and asked if I can still book VIP tours and was told yes. I haven't been to Universal in 20+ years so I don't have expectations. That's the problem with Disney, we've gone so much we we always stay deluxe and now I have expectations. I'm giving myself more time to think this over but Universal might end up getting our money instead.

I'm booked for a poly studio for the end of August I'm probably going to cancel. I did get the vague email today about my dining and experience reservations getting cancelled but they haven't yet. I just don't know if I wanna pay poly money (not points) for the no characters, no fireworks, no park hopping, ect. Universal is starting to look good, they still have their express passes going on and I called and asked if I can still book VIP tours and was told yes. I haven't been to Universal in 20+ years so I don't have expectations. That's the problem with Disney, we've gone so much we we always stay deluxe and now I have expectations. I'm giving myself more time to think this over but Universal might end up getting our money instead.
That’s exactly why I booked a back up Universal trip. They still are honoring Express Pass , Volcano Bay open and we can easily walk to both main parks with early entry too.

We are booked the first week in August and we got ‌an email. Here is what part of it said

An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.

Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other guests.

Our August trip is from 8/16 to 8/24. Split stay at RIV and CCV. We also have an annual pass voucher that we purchased in January, but I couldn't get an answer on if that gives us priority booking or not.
We've gone back and forth on cancelling. We just have so many questions that we don't know the answers to. We have MNSSHP tickets, an H2O Glow night booked, but don't know about any of those. Also don't know about pools and water parks. Now, most of our ADR's are gone.
The biggest killer is the face mask requirement. I can understand wearing a face mask in restaurants, gift shops, and ride lines. But out in the open in the blazing sun? They better have paramedics standing by for all of the heat strokes that are going to happen. Or have free bottled water for everyone.

We are booked the first week in August and we got ‌an email. Here is what part of it said

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.

Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other guests.
Do you have a vacation package ? Or Dvc? Our email is missing the ticket line which we have 9 dayhoppers in our package.

We have a split stay booked for 8/11-8/21 (AKL & Copper Creek @ WL). Most of our ADRs are gone, including the pirates dessert voyage that required payment upfront, and not a peep from Disney.

We still plan to go right now but are waiting for more info.

We also have a split stay in mid August. We got the email about the ADRs - so sad - we had many hard to get ADRs. We hadn't bought our tickets yet so not sure if we get any priority to park tickets. We are not sure if we are going. Also as OP said - not sure about coming from NYC if we still have to quarantine.

This is the thing...I bought park tickets in March and have moved a March and 2 June trips to settle in August at the poly....no email today and I am going the same time as you...it just stresses me out.

Split stay for 2 weeks booked at Polynesian & AKL arriving April 29.

Received my email a couple days ago. DVC rental. Still undecided what to do. Mixed feelings. Will wait until parks open and see how things go from there.

We have 8 day water park + hoppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter