August W.I.S.H. Challenge - The Sunday of Summer

No kittie for me this weekend. They aren't big enough to be spayed yet, it'll probably be end of the month before they weigh enough. But I'm thankful for the rescue gal who is willing to go to the foster they are at and take pictures in the meantime. One of the kitties is giving me strong vibes, but it will all depend on how she reacts to me when we actually meet.

Our pattern of five days summery weather and one day of rain is continuing, today is the rainy day which I am grateful for. It just feels so cleansing and restorative.

And I'm thankful to have tomorrow off and for the three day weekend it gives me. I realized mid-week that I still haven't finished painting the living room... I'd gotten so accustomed to the half white/half grey decor that I hadn't even thought about it for several weeks. So that's my one big to-do, finish painting the living room... and maybe (finally) put up my spring/super drapes.

Quick update: Connecticut is in a state of emergency. Still no power and no idea of when we will get it back. No landline. We are way over our data, so avoiding cellphone usage. Charging phones in the cars. Out of hurricane supplies. Living on take-out. The excessive heat is unbearable. Can’t sleep. Emergency vehicles going by 24/7.

We are very fortunate not to have property damage. We have friends that lost homes and vehicles.

If my power is not back by Sunday, I will not be able to lead the group. I will try to communicate when things improve.

Quick update: Connecticut is in a state of emergency. Still no power and no idea of when we will get it back. No landline. We are way over our data, so avoiding cellphone usage. Charging phones in the cars. Out of hurricane supplies. Living on take-out. The excessive heat is unbearable. Can’t sleep. Emergency vehicles going by 24/7.

We are very fortunate not to have property damage. We have friends that lost homes and vehicles.

If my power is not back by Sunday, I will not be able to lead the group. I will try to communicate when things improve.
So sorry to hear about the impacts of the storm, but glad y'all are OK. Just post Sunday night and I can take next week if you are not up to it.

View attachment 515704
It’s Topic Tuesday. Let’s share today.

My family eats a lot of chicken. We enjoy grilled BBQ chicken, pesto chicken, chicken stir fry, crockpot chicken and even chicken soup. But I feel like we’ve been in a rut of eating the same meals. So what is your favorite healthy chicken recipe? Could be a one dish meal or simply a marinade.

I like to use Italian Dressing as a marinade for chicken. We usually only marinade it for a few hours and then grill it.

At times I think I may react to dairy products and gluten, and at times I think I don't. It's weird and I'm too lazy to do a truly scientific test on my eating.

Me too. My mom has celiacs so that is always a concern. I am pretty sure dairy upsets my stomach and I stop eating it then I start again and sometimes I am fine other I am not. It is weird.

I'm here to meet new Disney friends, new weight loss allies, and to talk about ways to make food without dairy (I miss cheese :hyper: ) and sugar.

I miss cheese too. I love grilled cheese sandwiches and Mac and Cheese. I am annoyed with frozen breakfast foods (I know they are not the best) because they all have cheese.

My family likes the Lisanatti brand of almond cheese to replace motz -
View attachment 516055

..............................................~ ~ ~ link here ~ ~ ~

I'm not sure whether it's on Whole 30 or not, as we found it just looking for lower salt and saturated fat, but it's definitely worth reading the label to see if you can have it!

(Sadly, we're not as fond of the cheddar style. - I think the texture is just more "off" in that one.)

I will have to try this. I have Almond milk in my cereal and like that.

This week has been so busy again and I really should be working on not on here. I just needed a little bit of a break today. I missed most of work yesterday. I had a migraine and took my migraine pill first thing in the morning and went back to bed. Then I tried to work again and was so sick to my stomach that I only worked about 2 hours. I am pretty sure the upset stomach was from taking the medicine on an empty stomach.

My woohoo is that DD is still doing good. She also feels better knowing that the whole school will now be remote learning for the first 9 weeks at least.

Edit**
I see Oneanne can also take next week-so you’re covered.

Here is some info from my vegan friend-

Almond milk and cashew milk are our favorite milks. Follow Your Heart brand makes good vegan cheeses including a Parmesan. Violife brand makes a decent feta. Patrick likes the Forager sour cream. Lately Mike has been making sour cream out of cashews in our Vitamix that is delicious. There are many great vegan ice creams. SoDelicious ice cream is our favorite brand especially when made of cashew milk although we like some of the coconut milk products too. 🍦💜🍦

welcome @MOPNB
@Summer2018 hope things get restored soon!

wahoo: Wednesday I got to go into the building and work

thankful: *I got to go into the building and work!! My principal and office helper were there, too, so it was really nice to see them while still maintaining that six feet distance!
*my brother in law and his wife arrived safely in town after driving from Kansas so he can start a new job here on Monday
*so grateful that they have watched their grandkids while I am at work this week. The twins have spent the last two days driving around town looking at houses, but they've gotten fast food lunches out of the deal so I don't think they mind!

Cute story about my principal. Wednesday mid-morning we're all at our desks working away when he pops out of his office and says he wants to show us something outside. We go out and see his girlfriend walking toward us, we're happy to see her and start chit chatting when he picks up her left hand to show us her ring! They had gotten engaged this summer and he'd been dying to tell us! He was so excited and happy. It was really sweet.

Thought I would share a product that’s new to me-

I have bought Bolthouse Farms salad dressing before (love their Bleu Cheese) but tried their Avocado Cilantro last night and we loved it! Because it’s made with yogurt it’s only 45 calories for 2T and 3.5 grams of fat. Would make a great dip for vegetables.

Thought I would share a product that’s new to me-

I have bought Bolthouse Farms salad dressing before (love their Bleu Cheese) but tried their Avocado Cilantro last night and we loved it! Because it’s made with yogurt it’s only 45 calories for 2T and 3.5 grams of fat. Would make a great dip for vegetables.

I will have to let my husband know. I am not a fan of Avocados but he is loves them.

Slow relaxing day today so far... except for the explosion of sugar ants happening in the living room. I've got about 20 traps set out and so far the ant action is cut to about half, but I need it totally under control before I can start moving things around and finish painting, which is one of my two things to accomplish this weekend. Didn't make it to GW this morning, but will get things together today to go tomorrow morning, which is my other must-do.

Had a sugar blow out yesterday after putting together a pretty good week, darn it. Have to get that under control... it is so harmful in so many different ways.

I'll have to look at the Bolthouse ingredients, I know I'm getting mega-calories in the Ken's salad dressing that I use but Ken's doesn't have other ingredients that me cause stomach issues, so it is a trade off.

Sorry everyone! The day just got away from me. Jumped out of bed and right to my workout. Then had to rush and get everyone to my parents before my virtual faculty meeting started because of the renovation construction in our house. Then had flooring guy coming for measurements. And started packing for vacation. And just now I realized I never posted today, sooooo:

Sorry everyone! The day just got away from me. Jumped out of bed and right to my workout. Then had to rush and get everyone to my parents before my virtual faculty meeting started because of the renovation construction in our house. Then had flooring guy coming for measurements. And started packing for vacation. And just now I realized I never posted today, sooooo:
View attachment 516506
Have a wonderful week at the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter