Aulani 1-BR Island Garden View Room Suggestions

AKVFamily

Mouseketeer
We are very excited to be visiting Aulani in June for the first time! Does anyone have advice/room preferences for 1-BR Island Garden view rooms? Are there locations you prefer or would choose to avoid? Thanks so much for any help.

Check out the Aulani Villas and Views thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

It lists where all the DVC villas are and even has some views from some of the rooms to give you an idea.

For a 1 bedroom Island View I requested:

"EWA Building
Higher floor room ending in xx77 or xx83"

All based on the information I got from that thread. The view from our room #677 was great, you can see the pictures over on the thread linked above.

Check out the Aulani Villas and Views thread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389 It lists where all the DVC villas are and even has some views from some of the rooms to give you an idea. For a 1 bedroom Island View I requested: "EWA Building Higher floor room ending in xx77 or xx83" All based on the information I got from that thread. The view from our room #677 was great, you can see the pictures over on the thread linked above.

Thanks for that information. Besides the view (admittedly no small thing), what else did you like about having a room in that part of the resort?

Thanks for that information. Besides the view (admittedly no small thing), what else did you like about having a room in that part of the resort?

Good question. Actually because of the way Aulani is set up (sort of in a giant horseshoe) there isn't really one part of the resort that feels farther out and removed from the action.... like say AKL where you walk forever to get to the lobby if your room is at the end of the hall. Aulani is not like that at all, its taller so it can be more compact but also makes you more reliant on the elevators (6 in each tower that are centrally located). In that sense either building is equal, so it really does just come down to the views, at least for me.

On our first visit in 2012 we were in a 5th floor poolview (that category is 5th floor and lower) in the Wai'anae tower. Loved being able to open our slider and feel like we were part it all.

With the Island View category you don't get that great view of the Wiakoloa Valley pool area, but it's less points which is great. For our last stay we were in the EWA tower and I think I will request that side from now on (not that I didn't like Wai'anae) being able to watch Starlit Hui from our balcony and see the ocean was a great perk for the "cost" Island View points. The Wai'anae Tower Island view category rooms in general don't have as good of a view what with the Marriot next door blocking out what would be a really great view of the sunset.

Good question. Actually because of the way Aulani is set up (sort of in a giant horseshoe) there isn't really one part of the resort that feels farther out and removed from the action.... like say AKL where you walk forever to get to the lobby if your room is at the end of the hall. Aulani is not like that at all, its taller so it can be more compact but also makes you more reliant on the elevators (6 in each tower that are centrally located). In that sense either building is equal, so it really does just come down to the views, at least for me. On our first visit in 2012 we were in a 5th floor poolview (that category is 5th floor and lower) in the Wai'anae tower. Loved being able to open our slider and feel like we were part it all. With the Island View category you don't get that great view of the Wiakoloa Valley pool area, but it's less points which is great. For our last stay we were in the EWA tower and I think I will request that side from now on (not that I didn't like Wai'anae) being able to watch Starlit Hui from our balcony and see the ocean was a great perk for the "cost" Island View points. The Wai'anae Tower Island view category rooms in general don't have as good of a view what with the Marriot next door blocking out what would be a really great view of the sunset.

Great explanation, I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter