Aulani 1pm Saturday November 7th

Don’t remember the name of the restaurant, but when my wife and I were there last October we had a great lunch on the pool level of the main entrance building, where at night they had some live music. Is that restaurant open?

Don’t remember the name of the restaurant, but when my wife and I were there last October we had a great lunch on the pool level of the main entrance building, where at night they had some live music. Is that restaurant open?
If it was lunch it would have to be AmaAma, which is still closed. The Olelo Room is open right now (evenings only) and they have live music. The sushi is really good. It's a small menu but I suggest grabbing a small bite and a drink at least once during your stay.

If it was lunch it would have to be AmaAma, which is still closed. The Olelo Room is open right now (evenings only) and they have live music. The sushi is really good. It's a small menu but I suggest grabbing a small bite and a drink at least once during your stay.
No, not AmaAma, which is nearer the beach. The restaurant I’m talking about is directly underneath the entrance hall. I guess it must be the Olelo Room.

Since The Olelo Room is pretty much all appetizers, is there anyplace on property to sit down and have a socially distanced dinner?

Since The Olelo Room is pretty much all appetizers, is there anyplace on property to sit down and have a socially distanced dinner?
Just Off The Hook right now. But Monkeypod across the street is open as of the 18th. Roys and Longhi’s are currently open.

Last edited:
I was thinking about bringing my family. However, your update has really turned me off. I love Aulani, just not right now. Thanks for the informative update.

The pool bar was open for outdoor table service meals this past weekend. It was the same menu as the poolside service, burgers, hot dogs for the kids, etc.

What do you think the crowd level will be Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
My husband spoke with a front desk CM this week who said for that week they are currently at around 90% of their 65% capacity cap. They have taken last weekend into account and added staff back that they did not have in place when this post was written. I am hopeful that what we saw last weekend was a one-off.
If you are looking to book for the holiday I would get a reservation in now and then cancel if you decide it's not the right time. We logged onto to DVC yesterday to add an additional day to our Christmas week stay and they no longer have availability for any of the One Bedroom categories on the DVC side.

Both yesterday 11/14, and today 11/15, all the poolside beach loungers were taken by 7:30am. This is my first time to Aulani, but I can tell that the loungers that face the splash pad are the coveted ones since people were sitting there at 6:30am!

Yesterday was our exploring the island day, and when we returned at 5pm, the parking lot was completely full. Drove up to Valet and they knew what I was rolling up for. They allowed us to park on the valet side.

I'll tell you though, valet sure would have been nice...

Are they still allowing kids in the adult pool area? That is such an incredible adult oasis and it intrigues me why they're allowing kids there when the resort has so many areas for kids.

Are they still allowing kids in the adult pool area? That is such an incredible adult oasis and it intrigues me why they're allowing kids there when the resort has so many areas for kids.
It’s to help maintain physical distancing on the pool deck. It is temporary.

The infinity hot tubs overlooking the beach are adults only. The only hot tub open to <18 is the one over by the towel shack. Everything else is open to all.

Last edited:
Yes, kids are allowed but I didn’t see any kids there over the 4 days we were at Aulani. That pool was dead, even on Wed. afternoon when there were no chairs available and the other pools were crowded.

Personally, I would feel uncomfortable bringing my small children there.

Yes, kids are allowed but I didn’t see any kids there over the 4 days we were at Aulani. That pool was dead, even on Wed. afternoon when there were no chairs available and the other pools were crowded.

Personally, I would feel uncomfortable bringing my small children there.
I feel the same way, we always leave that area for kid free folks because I know how much I enjoyed it during our childless stays. Sadly many others do not feel the same, I swung by Aulani Saturday morning to get an Iced Aulani special and the adult pool area was packed with kids. This was about 9:30am. It was not at all like that during our weekday stay, another reason not to do weekends right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter