Aulani 2 bd with sunset view???

Mrmouse4me

Earning My Ears
HELP!!! I have fallen into the research hole & can't get out :rotfl:

We have a 2 bd oceanview reserved for a week at Aulani and I would love to have a sunset view. Can you please tell me what room to request and the best way to request a view?
I think that I read that Ewa xx80 would be good for a dedicated room and that xx82 would be good for a lockout.
All other insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

I don't know about a specific room number but I would imagine if you're booked into an oceanfront room you'll be able to see the sunset. I would suggest that the higher the better because you don't want any obstruction(s). I would also suggest requesting on "unobstructed" ocean view room. We've been to Aulani twice and each time booked an unobstructed ocean view room. The first time, no problem, high up with beautiful views. Second time, what a nightmare. I knew right off when the person helping with luggage opened a room on the other side that we were in trouble. I had a view of the parking lot and if I turn my head real far right, there was the ocean...kind of. I told the man with luggage that we're supposed to be in an unobstructed ocean view room and he replied that this is not. I called the front desk and they kept insisting it was an the unobstructed ocean view room. After I told her what the luggage man said, they said they'd get us to another room. I used my points for an unobstructed ocean view room which is more points than say a standard view room would be. They would either have to move us or give me the difference of points back. Be VERY SPECIFC with them, follow up before you leave and when you check in. I know a request is just that, a request, but there is a difference when they're trying to be you in a much lower point use room and still use the value of a higher point room.

Do you have a 2 bedroom Lock off, or a 2 bedroom dedicated reserved, you did not say? That will make a difference in what you request.

If you haven't already (which I suspect you have based on the fact that you are asking about specific room numbers) check out the Aulani Villas and Views thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

That should give you a good idea what to request.

You are correct to ask for Ewa tower and I would also add to that "view of the Waikoloa Valley", if you want to for sure be able to see the sunset (where the sun sets actually moves a bit depending on the season) from the Ewa tower you need to be facing the pool and farther away from the main lobby towards the end of the hall where the Grand Villas are. The sun usually sets just beyond the Marriot next door.

So request should read "Ewa Building, view of Waikoloa Valley, room ending in _____________" depending on if you have a lock off or dedicated 2 bedroom.

Thanks for your wisdom & insight. We now know what to request and are keeping our fingers crossed for a great room with a sunset view!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter