Aulani availability - GV at 7 months in July?

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
I know I am waaay early to be asking this, but we want to take an extended family trip to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary (12 of us in all). I would like to get an ocean view GV for a week in early July, 2018. How likely is it that there would be availability at the 7 month window? I have a December UY, and I would need to bank my 2016 points, use all of my 2017 points, and borrow all of my 2018 points to have enough, so I really need to plan ahead. I would hate to do that and then find out in January 2018 that there's no availability. I really have no sense of the availability at Aulani, so I'd appreciate some advice from those who have been.

Laurie

You are planning ahead!

I had no trouble getting an ocean view 3 bedroom villa at the 7 month mark for June... that being way more points than I wanted to use, we booked a 2 bed ocean view villa and a studio.

The standard view 3 bedroom villas were all gone. In general, ocean views were the most plentiful because they use more points (that's my theory anyways)

We did this for the last week of June this year - DH watched the availability daily leading up to our first day. He ended up booking a reservation that ended the first day or two of our dates and calling daily to walk the reservation to ensure all the dates. It's a good thing, as after he did the initial booking online, GVs were sold out so we apparently got the last one available.

Good luck! I'm pretty sure there is only 1 standard GV left - they converted the other one into a quick service restaurant. They are all at the ends of the towers facing the lagoons.

Early July includes July 4. That means you might have issues absent waitlist for some days. For July 3 and 4, 2014, OC GVs were filled before 7 months out (they were actually gone when I checked Nov 28 for 7 nights beginning June 28). Otherwise OC GVs were open at 7 months out for all other days in the entire month of July.

I knew people here would have the information!! This is really helpful. Thanks! :thumbsup2 I'm willing to call every day if I have to. I just thought if it was impossible, I should put it out of my head right now.

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter