Aulani availability Presidents week

mdinowitz

Mouseketeer
We are planning on going to Aulani for February break (presidents week) in 2015. Looking at the DVC website for that week this February it doesn't look like there is any availability. Can anyone who has booked during this time give some insight into the likelihood of getting a 2BR for presidents week at the 7 month mark? Thanks!

We were in Maui last year for President's week and it was fairly busy. Our school district and many in our immediate area (Westchester County, NY) have that week off though few east coasters probably go all the way to Hawaii. (It was a long haul from the east coast but we wanted to be there for the humpback season.) I believe some of the Seattle area schools have that week off also so Many families travel to Hawaii then. Not sure if other west coast schools have that week off.

Thanks. We're from Long Island and I was assuming that since President's week is really only a school break in the NorthEast that Hawaii might not be so crowded. Do you have any advice on travel from the New York area w kids? I keep going back and forth between direct flights and staying over a day in California to break up the fight.

Thanks. We're from Long Island and I was assuming that since President's week is really only a school break in the NorthEast that Hawaii might not be so crowded. Do you have any advice on travel from the New York area w kids? I keep going back and forth between direct flights and staying over a day in California to break up the fight.

on the way there we stopped overnight in SFO and stayed at the airport Marriott. We left Thursday night so my kids missed school on Friday. On the return we took the United redeye nonstop from HNL to Newark which left Saturday night and got us in noonish on Sunday. It was a long trip for just over a week. this summer we are going to Hawaii for 3 weeks (three islands). definitely breaking up the trip again on the way out. The flight is just too long going West. Coming back, I can deal with the 9.5 hour redeye (in business class). Alaska Airlines has some amazing fares to Hawaii out of Newark, but they require a connection in Seattle. even their business class rates are terrific.

At 7 months out for Presidents week 2014, Aulani was open except for standard view.

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't thought about stopping over going and direct returning. That certainly sounds like a reasonable plan. I'm glad to hear that there was availability at 7 months this year. We're going to cross our fingers for a 2 or 3 BR ocean view.

I booked aulani at exactly 7 months for feb 2014 on presidents week.

Booked Sat-Sat 7 nights.
Standard and island view were already booked

Very limited pool view (dvc told me 4 studios available)
Ocean view had the most availability due to higher points.
Within 1-2 days after 7 months, days started becoming unavailable in all categories.

What made it especially popular was Valentines day was friday 2/14.... Making the first weekend of presidents week double as valentines 3 day weekend. Even still, by calling 9am at 7 months, i had no problem getting in.

Short answer, you should get in if flexible with room categories
Walk the reservation if you have the points to do so.

Just adding… every school district in the Puget Sound (greater Seattle) area always has that week off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter