Aulani December 2019

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
We are hoping to take an extended family trip to Aulani from December 21, 2019 to January 1, 2020. Both our family and the family I am traveling with are hoping to get a 2 bedroom villa (I would prefer standard view but understand those go first). Both of our families own at other DVC resorts so we would not be able to book until the 7 month mark. How hard do you think this booking will be if I hit it the minute the 7 month window opens up?

Also, I just played around with a cash reservation as I read that all of 2019 rates were out. The website said that there was no room at all available. Do you think this is because it is so far out or because it is all sold out? I could not imagine it being all sold out this far in adavnce, but wanted to ask.

Thanks!

Christmas is one of the hardest times to book at 7 months out. Standard and island will definitely go first, so it depends if you are willing to go up to pool and ocean view.

Another possibility is to rent DVC points from an Aulani owner or a broker, and get your request in ready for the 11 month mark.

If you are trying to look up a DVC villa for cash at the resort, they won't be showing as available yet as they are not open yet for Aulani owners. 11 Months for December 21 will be January 21st.

We've booked 3 times at Christmas time, as non Aulani owners-2012, 2015 and 2018. We have never been able to get New Year's Eve. It was easier because the 2 bedroom ocean views are the last to book, but the locals fill Aulani for NYE and NYD. Good luck, and I agree you will want to get an Aulani owner to book for you.

How do you safely go about getting a DVC owner to book for you? Would I just be wanting them to book 2 nights, December 31 and January 1?

I tried to book this year for that period of time at the 7 month mark. New Year's Eve and New Year's day were not available at the 10 month mark. As it got closer to the 7 month mark more and more days became unavailable. At 1 pm at the 7 month mark I was able to get a 2 bedroom lock off, ocean view for this December 21-26. 27th was booked! Hope that helps!

At the 7th month mark, I got a one bedroom pool view for the 20-27th of December. All the cheaper views were booked and there were no views available after the 27th, everything was booked. We are here now. It’s beautiful! Good luck!

We don’t own DVC and are considering going during the mentioned dates next year and paying cash. Can anyone that is there now tell me the cash price for a 2 bedroom? Dec 21-27

We don’t own DVC and are considering going during the mentioned dates next year and paying cash. Can anyone that is there now tell me the cash price for a 2 bedroom? Dec 21-27
A 2BR Ocean View is pricing a little more than $2000/night at the moment for high season rates in late March. A 2BR garden view for the same week is a bit over $1600/night. (Not discounted)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter