Aulani DVC Tour/Purchase Incentive

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know what the current Aulani DVC tour/purchase incentive that is currently being offered? I know they have offered gift cards, hotel credit and Luaus in the past...

2 Luau tickets when we were there last week. This is only to non-DVC members -- if you are DVC members with another home resort, you are not eligible.

2 Luau tickets when we were there last week. This is only to non-DVC members -- if you are DVC members with another home resort, you are not eligible.
Do you find out what incentives you'll get when you call to book a DVC tour ahead of time, or do you find out when you take the tour? Since luau reservations are made by paying online ahead of time, I'm trying to understand how the free tickets would be applied.

I just called to ask about current DVC tour incentives at Aulani. It's a $75 Disney gift card for one adult, $150 Disney gift card for two adults. They are no longer giving out free luau tickets.

D4F2B1B1-64A5-49C3-898D-2FC244F7A1C1.jpeg Here is the member one. They don’t get the $500 resort credit cause they get the special financing rate

They were doing Luau tix last week, we were there and saw the signs.

There must be 10-15 DVC sales podiums on site! One bonus, it’s pin trading gold! They rotate staff quite often, so just trading with DVC sales people bets dozens of trading opps...

I am interested in doing a tour, as I've heard great things about DVC membership. It appears right now it's up to 2 luau tickets for adults. Can someone who has done it at Aulani tell me what to expect. Is the tour on-site, and about how long should you expect to use up of your vacation time. We have 2 year old with us, so would she just come along with us? Is it a typical timeshare presentation, where you have an opener, a negotiator, a closer, and a final offer person at the end? I've only done 1 in Maui, tbh, so much experience with these presentations. Want to make sure we get the best deal, if we end up signing up. Looks like the going rate is $188 per point, but not sure if that can be improved with negotiations.

I am interested in doing a tour, as I've heard great things about DVC membership. It appears right now it's up to 2 luau tickets for adults. Can someone who has done it at Aulani tell me what to expect. Is the tour on-site, and about how long should you expect to use up of your vacation time. We have 2 year old with us, so would she just come along with us? Is it a typical timeshare presentation, where you have an opener, a negotiator, a closer, and a final offer person at the end? I've only done 1 in Maui, tbh, so much experience with these presentations. Want to make sure we get the best deal, if we end up signing up. Looks like the going rate is $188 per point, but not sure if that can be improved with negotiations.

Alot to unpack there...
1) Direct sales of DVC will only be Aulani or Riviera at $188. This is not negotiable and there are tiered incentives (discounts based on the amount you buy).
2) Consider resale points as they are about 25 to 40% less than buying direct from Disney.
3) Resale and Direct purchases can be for sold out resorts. IE: Poly or AKV...
4) You will only have 1 DVC guide and NO pressure sales. This isn't your normal timeshare presentation.
5) Yes bring you 2 year old.
6) Enjoy free Luau tickets :)

If you consider DVC, there are lot of great resources here on the DIS. Here a general infos and links to the new DVC youtube show (and podcast) that they do currently: https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/ and then there is a dedicated forum about buying DVC: https://www.disboards.com/forums/purchasing-dvc.28/

The good thing is that you can take the tour at Aulani and not commit to anything and still get the Luau tickets. However, I would always recommend to not make a decision on such a big purchase in the spur of the moment on vacation. While DVC is low-pressure in comparison to other timeshares, I have found that their sales tactic on the cruise line can be very pushy about telling you that now you have time to think about it, but after the vacation when the daily stress has you back, you will not get around to do it and such. But if you are interested, it is a good opportunity to find out more about DVC.

For a new member, 200 pts would cost over $163/pt.

I’m awaiting the closing on my resale purchase of 220 pts at $85/pt. Huge difference.

If I already have tickets to the luau do they give a gift card instead? Or do I just not get an incentive?

Also keep in mind if they have an offer you like, that is going to expire, you can put down a small refundable down payment ( we did less then $2000 on 170 points) You have 10 days to change your mind and really take a sober second look at the decision.
Also, if you don’t have the entire purchase price don’t do it. It’s not worth paying ongoing interest on top of annual dues.

Can you take the tour and still get the rewards if you are staying in a room rented with somone who already owns DVC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts