Aulani One Day

jillmc40

DIS Veteran
I am curious if this is realistic/possible. My brother is moving to Kauai and we thought it would be great to come visit him for Christmas in Hawaii this year. We live on the east coast so I don't know how many times we will make it out there.

We were planning on spending 2 weeks with him at his house, but then I started thinking how could we go all that way and not at least see Aulani. Maybe spend the last night there?

How does that work? How would we get from Kauai to Aulani (I know the plane part), but is there a shuttle to/from the airport?

Any help/advice would be great. I just looked on the dvc website and there are openings, it is 7 months today - that must be a sign, I just thought of this today :)

You can either rent a car and drive yourself, take a taxi or schedule a shuttle pick up through Aulani which is about $35/pp round trip.

You can either rent a car and drive yourself, take a taxi or schedule a shuttle pick up through Aulani which is about $35/pp round trip.

Thanks! I just looked, I could rent a car for 30.00/day so that might be the cheapest!

So would this time of year be considered hard to get at Aulani? I am wondering how much time I have to sit there before I should actually book something just to have. I don't have official word yet that we are doing this, so I don't know what to do. Considering just booking and cancelling if I need to. I would be looking at Jan 5-6.

I did it! I booked a 2 bedroom villa for me, DH, DD8, DS5, and my brother. YAY!!! It is only one night, Jan 4.

So, Auluni experts, we were thinking we should get there early Sunday morning (first flight to Honolulu from Kauai) and get there and hang out for the day. We will rent a car. I was thinking a nice dinner would be good, and possibly breakfast the next day.

Is one place better for breakfast and one better for dinner? I was thinking maybe it would be nice to try both since I am there. We could grab lunch at the quick service while we are at the pool.

A few other questions:

Is there a charge for the lazy river?

Do you need water shoes while there?

I'm so excited!!!!! This was so sudden and unexpected...FUN!

I'd suggest the Makahiki character breakfast buffet (we did it without characters, but I think every day has characters now) and AMA AMA for dinner.

No charge for the lazy river, water slides, etc. The only charge is for snorkeling in the Rainbow Reef, but I wouldn't bother. You'll have enough to do. The Menehune Trail is fun (and free) if you have time.

We brought water shoes but never used them. Bare feet at the pools and flip flops around the resort were fine.

Have a great time!

I'd suggest the Makahiki character breakfast buffet (we did it without characters, but I think every day has characters now) and AMA AMA for dinner.

No charge for the lazy river, water slides, etc. The only charge is for snorkeling in the Rainbow Reef, but I wouldn't bother. You'll have enough to do. The Menehune Trail is fun (and free) if you have time.

We brought water shoes but never used them. Bare feet at the pools and flip flops around the resort were fine.

Have a great time!

Great info...Thanks!!

One more question. I saw they have yoga on the beach. Do they have a schedule? Is it just once a day? It looks like it is 15.00 per class. Has anyone done this?

You can use the resort on your check out day, too... There is a lounge for guests to use if they have a late flight, etc., so even with 11 o'clock check out, you could hang around for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter