Aulani or another hotel for July first timers

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
we have decided to visit Hawaii for the 1st time next July . Splitting the stay 3 nights in Waikiki and 6 nights at? I was very set on aulani but my dd19 is only child and just wondering if I am spending more time and hassle trying to stay here when maybe for her age there is a better idea? The resort looks amazing but trying to rent dvc vs seeing if a package deal comes out etc just feels like it's going to be effort which is fine as long as the result for our family dynamics justifies it.

I can always book direct hope for a discount or have a plan b. Price doesn't really bother me on the plan b if price tag justifies experience. Does that make sense? Thx!!

Aulani is quite expensive, and I'm not sure if we'll ever swing another stay thete, but I'm absolutely happy that we did it once. The resort is amazingly beautiful and if you love Disney, you'll love it. (But I'd probably stay 4-5 nights in Waikiki or somewhere else and 4-5 at Aulani for more savings! Island exploring days I'd sleep elsewhere, then spend the last days enjoying Aulani.)

Hi,
I agree with PP Aulani is expensive but really just beautiful and worth it especially if you love Disney.
Listening to Hawaiian music while having bkfst with Mickey and Minnie in their Hawaiian outfits... priceless :-)

I would definitely gear Aulani for just enjoying the resort and amenities. Waikiki save for touring mostly.
Lots of lower cost food options as well there.:-)
Happy planning :-)
Kerri

Thanks all! I am set. Aulani it is! I might scale back a little in Waikkiki or as Kerrie suggested to me earlier extend the trip at Waikkiki a day exta and just do fewer resort days at Aulani. Perfect sense. Thanks!

Would definitely recommend Aulani. The quality and service is great. We are two adults with no kids and really enjoyed it, way more than our stay in Waikiki. Very nice pool areas with two waterslides and a lazy river that would be hard to beat. Great for just relaxing. We didn't even do much with characters but they do always make you smile when you see them out and about.

Would definitely recommend Aulani. The quality and service is great. We are two adults with no kids and really enjoyed it, way more than our stay in Waikiki. Very nice pool areas with two waterslides and a lazy river that would be hard to beat. Great for just relaxing. We didn't even do much with characters but they do always make you smile when you see them out and about.

Thanks where did u stay in Waikiki ?

Thanks where did u stay in Waikiki ?

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village because we have a lot of hilton points. We actually really disliked it the first trip we took. We had planned on staying there the whole time but canceled the last few nights of our reservation there and went to Aulani. We had wanted to stay at Aulani but thought it was too expensive. Turns out we think the price, although expensive, is worth the quality. I think the main reason we disliked the Hilton was due to it Waikiki being a big city on a beach, not what we had envisioned as Hawaii. Where Aulani was just want we always thought Hawaii would be like. Our second trip we just stayed at Aulani while on Oahu. However our next trip we plan on staying at the Hilton Hawiian Village for a couple of night before Aulani. We figure we know what to expect now and plan on touring about the island those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter