Aulani Pool Hours

DVC_Corrys

DIS Veteran
Aloha!!

Heading out to Aulani in 17 days.... wanted to know what the current pool hours are? I didn't see it listed on any of the Daily Iwa's.

Thanks Disboard Team!

The hours for the pool and hot tubs are 8-10 currently:)

They are listed on the back side of the daily Iwa's (along with the water sides/lazy river, menehune bridge, etc) . So on the top right corner on the last page of each days Daily Iwa (if that makes sense lol)

Hope that helps!

Here's the link to the Iwa's: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103331

The hours for the pool and hot tubs are 8-10 currently:)

They are listed on the back side of the daily Iwa's (along with the water sides/lazy river, menehune bridge, etc) . So on the top right corner on the last page of each days Daily Iwa (if that makes sense lol)

Hope that helps!

Here's the link to the Iwa's: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103331

I was just looking at your postings!!! Thanks for posting them all.

Don't I feel stupid. They are right there... haha!!

What time do people start heading down to the pool for seats? We were there in Dec 2011 and we would go down about 8 and we could get the front ones right at the wall between the lagoon and Aulani. They were great.

DVC_Corrys said:
I was just looking at your postings!!! Thanks for posting them all.

Don't I feel stupid. They are right there... haha!!

What time do people start heading down to the pool for seats? We were there in Dec 2011 and we would go down about 8 and we could get the front ones right at the wall between the lagoon and Aulani. They were great.

Don't feel dumb lol! There's a lot of tiny print on those Iwa's:)

People started going down right at 8. On Fri/sat/sun it filled quick-by 9 the front seats all around the pool were gone. It seemed locals from Oahu or other islands came down for the weekends and it was much busier.

On the weekdays though, we went down later (or left and came back mid morning) and it seemed much quieter with seats far more open.

Feel free to read about my trip on my blog: http://ouradventuresasafoursome.blogspot.com/?m=1

Seattle!! Nice, we are out on in Central Washington. Glad to see we have some other DVC owners up here!!

DVC_Corrys said:
Seattle!! Nice, we are out on in Central Washington. Glad to see we have some other DVC owners up here!!

We aren't owners yet (rented twice this year) but seriously are considering it! We are in Shoreline, about ten minutes north of Seattle:)

We aren't owners yet (rented twice this year) but seriously are considering it! We are in Shoreline, about ten minutes north of Seattle:)

You should buy... no pressure.

My wife and I bought at Bay Lake in 08 and Aulani in 10. Both were before we had kids. Best decision we ever made.

Traveling is that much easier.

Now, they need to start a DVC for the Disney Cruise Line!!

We were expecting to get seats early but it was really crowded when we were there. (March Spring Break falling week heading into Easter). The prime seats were gone by 8. This was front rows all around and anything near an umbrella. By 9 you couldn't get a seat. CMs realized this by day 2 or 3 and worked to clear chairs that were left unused for a while so you actually had better luck around 10 or 11, but honestly most prime chairs remained occupied. We were able to get our pick of seats for our evening swims :). I haven't read a lot of reviews like that - so it may have just been that week but we did see people sprinting off the elevators before 7am to race to the pool deck with towels in hand...

Jkpark said:
We were expecting to get seats early but it was really crowded when we were there. (March Spring Break falling week heading into Easter). The prime seats were gone by 8. This was front rows all around and anything near an umbrella. By 9 you couldn't get a seat. CMs realized this by day 2 or 3 and worked to clear chairs that were left unused for a while so you actually had better luck around 10 or 11, but honestly most prime chairs remained occupied. We were able to get our pick of seats for our evening swims :). I haven't read a lot of reviews like that - so it may have just been that week but we did see people sprinting off the elevators before 7am to race to the pool deck with towels in hand...

Wow! Yeah we didn't see anything like that (we were there week after Easter). There were always chairs available but not always in the front. And weekdays were way better like I mentioned!

We chair hopped a lot most days and went back and forth all morning and always got a seat in the front:)

Hopefully your experience was unique to being super close to a holiday!

Ugh! Pool hours...my biggest pet peeve. When I'm on vacation I like to stay out past 10pm. :worried:

Are they sticklers about it? Do you think if my husband & I tried for the hot tub after 10pm we'd be kicked out?

It just drives me nuts. All hotels do it. I get it, because of the noise, but when you pick your room on a cruise ship & are a light sleeper, you choose not to be under/above the nightclubs, etc. Why can't it be the same at hotels? Don't get a pool view if you're a light sleeper. Nothing better than being on vacation & taking a late night swim.

Ok, I'm done. :rolleyes2:rotfl:

MissMet said:
Ugh! Pool hours...my biggest pet peeve. When I'm on vacation I like to stay out past 10pm. :worried:

Are they sticklers about it? Do you think if my husband & I tried for the hot tub after 10pm we'd be kicked out?

It just drives me nuts. All hotels do it. I get it, because of the noise, but when you pick your room on a cruise ship & are a light sleeper, you choose not to be under/above the nightclubs, etc. Why can't it be the same at hotels? Don't get a pool view if you're a light sleeper. Nothing better than being on vacation & taking a late night swim.

Ok, I'm done. :rolleyes2:rotfl:

Lol. Not sure on how strict they are at night. We (and from what we could tell MANY others) had the opposite problem. Up super early because we hadn't adjusted to the time zone. So lots of people were up and walking around the resort before 7am. I did see them telling people in the morning that the pool wasn't open yet and they couldn't be in there. So it was lots of just wandering around we saw, and people at the beach. Once lifeguards came on duty then they allowed people in the pool, and lifeguards were there until the pool closed at ten.

I also had issues with the bar and snack shops opening at ten and eleven. When I've been up since 5, I think its ok to want a drink at 9am on vacation lol. We saw a lot of people hanging around Off the Hook waiting for them to open lol.

Lol. Not sure on how strict they are at night. We (and from what we could tell MANY others) had the opposite problem. Up super early because we hadn't adjusted to the time zone. So lots of people were up and walking around the resort before 7am. I did see them telling people in the morning that the pool wasn't open yet and they couldn't be in there. So it was lots of just wandering around we saw, and people at the beach. Once lifeguards came on duty then they allowed people in the pool, and lifeguards were there until the pool closed at ten.

I also had issues with the bar and snack shops opening at ten and eleven. When I've been up since 5, I think its ok to want a drink at 9am on vacation lol. We saw a lot of people hanging around Off the Hook waiting for them to open lol.

Totally agree. We found the place deserted after about 9:30pm as most were sleeping. We were usually at the pool by 8:30-9 since we were up at 6 every morning. Never fully adjusted to the time change.

DVC_Corrys said:

Another Washington owner from the south in Vancouver. We also own at VGC. :-)

Our kids were up at 4am every morning, so by 7, they were bouncing off the walls and ready to get to the pool. We had no problems getting chairs by the pool at that time of morning and our kids did swim before the official 8am pool opening time. We weren't kicked out of the pool because we were there early.

I do wish that the QS places opened earlier. We usually had a "second breakfast" around 9am at the Olelo room or brought down muffins and juice from the room to eat at the pool. It would be great to have other QS food options in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter