Aulani questions

kpapiezjhbk7211

Mouseketeer
E just booked our first ever trip to Hawaii and Aulani!!!! We are flying in from MI for a very short trip 9/4-9/9. We have a wedding in Waikiki, which is why we're coming. I have 2 DS ages 6 and 2. We want to do a luau one night. Does anyone have any recommendations/opinions on the paradise cove luau versus the starlit hui at aulani? Is it worth the money and time to do paradise cove? Would we be happy with starlit hui?

Also, if we want to book a character meal - do I need a confirmation number to do so? We are renting points for the first time for this stay so I don't have any of that info now. Do I make the reservation or does the person I'm renting from do that?

Anything else anyone would like to add would be welcome!

You should be able to make character breakfast reservations without any confirmation. People not staying there can come. Also the starlight hui is a combination of a traditional luau without the food and a Disney show. And it is free. Unless you really want the luau food and drink and a little cheesier show there is really no reason to spend the money. There are also craft activities before the show the kids will enjoy. We brought a pizza to eat during show. Kids love it.

I would pick Starlit Hui over Paradise Cove... especially with the ages of your DS's. Paradise Cove has some fun pre Luau activities, but after taking our family of 4 (2 teen sons) on our last trip to Aulani we would not really recommend it. It wasn't horrible, the food was "meh", it was a long evening and the show seemed to drag on.... though the fire dancer was amazing. In the end we all decided we enjoyed Starlit Hui better.

aloha! we just stayed this past weekend and were fortunate enough to watch the Starlit Hui. I would highly recommend it. The CMs are soooo helpful. They actually help you carry your lauhala mat to your seat. And while you're waiting for the show, you can either take a picture with a hula girl, learn a hula, or even make hawaiian arts and crafts. My DS (2) loved the fish that he made out of the hala leaves. It was a beautiful and education Hawaiian show...I grew up in Hawaii and amongst the Hawaiian culture, and this was not a tacky show at all...it was wonderful!! I highly recommend it! You will have a magical time at Aulani no matter what you decide to do!

Is there any option for seating other that on the ground? I have back and mobility issues, there is no way I could get down or up!

Is there any option for seating other that on the ground? I have back and mobility issues, there is no way I could get down or up!

They have chairs set up near the right middle side. I can't recall how many but around 30 perhaps? Maybe more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter