Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

Do they assign your seats? And if so, is it based on when you purchased?
We had the VIP package and those are the seats we were brought to. Don't know how they actually got assigned.

I am sorry I am sure this has probably been asked before but it is kind of hard to find the information I am looking for. I am currently try to determine whats best bang for the points. Hotel vs Studio Standard view.
  1. Are there assigned room numbers for the DVC hotel rooms at Aulani?
  2. Any photos of the standard view for these hotel rooms?
  3. Do the standard hotel rooms include a microwave? I saw a video and it looked like they did.

Just back from a wonderful stay at Aulani, we had a dedicated 2 bedroom Island view villa. The room, 1575 overlooked the Luau area and we had a great view of the ocean. I put in 2 requests 1st a higher floor and 2nd close to the elevators. We loved our location. Our only disappointment was that the Luau was canceled due to the rain and threats of storms. There were no other nights available during our stay. I tried booking the Luau at Paradise Cove and that was canceled also.20190621_185720.jpg

Last edited:

We stayed in Deluxe Ocean View Studio number 656 from June 29, 2019 through July 8. The room shows ware. We had to pull the stoppers from the drains in the shower and bathroom sink in order to get the drains to work. The room could have been cleaner. Carpets at Aulani are in need of cleaning. This room is near the elevator. In my opinion, this room should not be considered an Ocean View room. It would be better classified as pool view. At one time it may have been a good ocean view room, however, the plants at Aulani have grown so high that the view is obstructed. If you were one floor up you would have an unobstructed ocean view. Posted below is a picture taken from the balcony at eye level (I am 5 foot 11 inches). As a comparison, we also had a deluxe studio Garden Island view room for our daughters and they had a much better ocean view. Photo attached for comparison. If you are looking for a pool view this is a good room. However, if the ocean is your thing then avoid this room. Disney are you listening? Either trim the plants or reclassify this room. This room does not provide the unobstructed ocean view you would get from being just one floor higher.

Is the a Deluxe Studio Ocean View?

Compare the view from a Deluxe Island Garden View Room

We are not DVC members and will be booking right through Disney and not renting points. Has anyone been able to upgrade there room at check in for a fee? Im looking at booking a standard 2 bedroom but wondering if say an island view room or pool view room is open at the time of check in can they offer you the upgraded room for discounted fee?
Anyone have luck with this.
Now this leads me to my next question I know what the difference is between lock off and dedicated 2 bedrooms are.
When you book right through Disney it doesn't give you any options on what you want does that mean you get what ever at the time of check in?
Thanks
Jay

We had room 1182, a 1BR DVC Ocean View in Ewa. It had a good view of the Ocean, the courtyard, and the mountains. Posting some photos of the natural views, you can "improve" your view by standing up, but I wanted to show you what you see from the bedroom, living room, or sitting on one of the balconies.

About the only downside of rooms as far down as 1182 or further is that everything is a hike. You have to walk to far end of building (toward lobby) for elevator, then back to the opposite end (beach side) to your room. No big deal, but you should know that going in if walking is an issue.

Just your average, ordinary view... :-)
View attachment 401745

Sunset over 4 Seasons. You'd need to be further out than xx82 to see the sunset fully from the room, at least in May.
View attachment 401738

Typical view into the mountains. Not too shabby.
View attachment 401739

Same view, but with the lights on
View attachment 401735

Beach view at night
View attachment 401736

Beach view VERY late at night
View attachment 401743
Your pics are amazing. Hawaii is on my bucket list. Your pics are making me want to go soone r rather than latest. Thanks for sharing them

Where can we put in requests for rooms? Usually I use touring plans for WDW- but no clue howtoitfor Aulani- DVC member staying on points

Where can we put in requests for rooms? Usually I use touring plans for WDW- but no clue howtoitfor Aulani- DVC member staying on points
Just have your request noted on your reservation. Call MS to do this.

Room 1660. Dedicated 2 bedroom, Ocean View. Backside of the Ewa tower, top floor. Beautiful and peaceful view of the ocean. Also the Luau down below each evening (except Sun, Mon). Extended balcony. Lovely. 2A7B1332-4913-4A7D-B9C7-4579C8DA29D1.jpeg8F0CAC5C-AA60-4325-9D13-426A86E06710.jpeg41AD5417-6082-4020-8DC3-3EDEDED82CC5.jpeg

We stayed in Deluxe Ocean View Studio number 656 from June 29, 2019 through July 8. The room shows ware. We had to pull the stoppers from the drains in the shower and bathroom sink in order to get the drains to work. The room could have been cleaner. Carpets at Aulani are in need of cleaning. This room is near the elevator. In my opinion, this room should not be considered an Ocean View room. It would be better classified as pool view. At one time it may have been a good ocean view room, however, the plants at Aulani have grown so high that the view is obstructed. If you were one floor up you would have an unobstructed ocean view. Posted below is a picture taken from the balcony at eye level (I am 5 foot 11 inches). As a comparison, we also had a deluxe studio Garden Island view room for our daughters and they had a much better ocean view. Photo attached for comparison. If you are looking for a pool view this is a good room. However, if the ocean is your thing then avoid this room. Disney are you listening? Either trim the plants or reclassify this room. This room does not provide the unobstructed ocean view you would get from being just one floor higher.

Is the a Deluxe Studio Ocean View?
View attachment 417415

Compare the view from a Deluxe Island Garden View Room

View attachment 417417
Yes this would strongly annoy me. We pay so much more for an Ocean view it really should be a better view than the other tiers. Did you say anything or request a room change?

OK I have NO idea on the floors are laid out.
If we have a standard view 2 bedroom what would better. I have asked for the highest floor possible which I know is the 7th but as for room numbers I have no clue.
Would you ask for something in 60's or 50's and why?
Now where would room 761 be compared to 769. Is 761 the end of hallway or at the beginning of the hallway same as 751 compared to 759. Is one on the end unit.
I hope this makes sense cause I have no idea.
Thanks
Jay

We are not DVC members and will be booking right through Disney and not renting points. Has anyone been able to upgrade there room at check in for a fee? Im looking at booking a standard 2 bedroom but wondering if say an island view room or pool view room is open at the time of check in can they offer you the upgraded room for discounted fee?
Anyone have luck with this.
Now this leads me to my next question I know what the difference is between lock off and dedicated 2 bedrooms are.
When you book right through Disney it doesn't give you any options on what you want does that mean you get what ever at the time of check in?
Thanks
Jay

Hi Jay - Sorry, I don't have experience on the booking through Disney (cash) and not points so I can't answer question around that. However, I can answer your question re. the difference between a lock-off and dedicated two-bedroom. A lock-off is a one-bedroom combined (+) with a studio. It will have a solid connecting room door that locks (on both sides - the studio side and the kitchen part of the one bedroom side), but will obviously be opened for people who book a lock-off. Note that sometimes the resort Cast Members (Mouskeeping) do not open the doors for you prior to arrival. This happened to us on two separate reservations at the Kidani Village DVC Resort at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in WDW. (Much to the panic of my mother, who arrived first with my father!) Because of this combination of rooms, at this particular resort, you will have (and note that I'm only familiar with ocean view b/c this is what we are booking; the standard or other views may not be oriented the same):

1) Likely 3 balconies - master bedroom balcony, living room balcony, and studio (i.e. second bedroom in this case) balcony.
2) The studio side (i.e. second bedroom in this case) will have a kitchenette including coffee area and mini fridge and microwave
3) The studio side (i.e. second bedroom in this case) will have a queen bed & pull-out sofa

A dedicated two-bedroom will have (and again, I'm looking at an ocean view comparison):

1) 2 balconies - master bedroom balcony; shared balcony between the second bedroom & living room
2) One full kitchen and no kitchenette in the second bedroom
3) Second bedroom will have 2 queen beds
4) A THIRD (!!!) bathroom - which a lot of people really get excited over - especially if they are traveling with a large # of family members

You can see the floor plans and differences between them on the DVC Aulani website. I do not believe you need to be a DVC member to view. Scroll down. 2-bedroom villa (and floor plans) will show up first. These are dedicated. The lock-offs below that.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/us-hawaii/aulani-hawaii/points-rooms/
I read somewhere on the forums that cash reservations usually only go to a dedicated 2-bedrooms and that there isn't a choice between the two. Not sure if this is true and can't remember what forum/post I found this tidbit. Obviously if you call reservations and speak to someone you can put in a request should a lock-off be of interest to you. I hope this is helpful, Jay!

OK I have NO idea on the floors are laid out.
If we have a standard view 2 bedroom what would better. I have asked for the highest floor possible which I know is the 7th but as for room numbers I have no clue.
Would you ask for something in 60's or 50's and why?
Now where would room 761 be compared to 769. Is 761 the end of hallway or at the beginning of the hallway same as 751 compared to 759. Is one on the end unit.
I hope this makes sense cause I have no idea.
Thanks
Jay

OK so I just became familiar with Aulani in the past few days. I found this link to have the "best" (i.e. easily readable) map of the resort: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aulanimap.htm
The #s you see in the hallways on the map are the last two. The floor will come first, so you'll have X or XX and then the two numbers as seen in the hallways. If I'm not mistaken, I think the lowest number room on ea floor is on the right arm of the building on the map - which is the side of the building referred to as Waianae Building (note that this building will be on the left hand side if you're looking at the horseshoe shaped resort from the ocean, but on the map it's on the right). 01 would be the very tip. And then it'd grow larger as you get closer to the bottom of the horseshoe or "U" where the lobby is. The left hand side of the horseshoe or "U" is the Ewa building and starts with room XX50. Furthest left of the horseshoe will be XX89 (which is a grand villa). Now the easiest thing to do when trying to figure out the "view" options and the corresponding room #s would be to take this information from the map and compare it against the very first page of this thread. The original poster was very kind to paste little pictures/charts of the resorts room #s, the type of room they are (studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, etc.) and the corresponding type of room (ocean, island, etc.) in the picture chart. On top of that, the OP also provided active links to ea room number below the pics so you can click on an exact room # and it will show people's pics from that room. Obv not all room #s are on here (yet - we will need to keep contributing!) and some photos have been removed due to issues with photo sharing/storing sites. Hope this helps! It's a lot of information, but I think the resort map combined with post 1 on page 1 of this thread will help you a lot.

981 island view two bedroom
d688a537-bd49-474b-a6af-9c47d72498f4-jpeg.450609

Attachments

• D688A537-BD49-474B-A6AF-9C47D72498F4.jpeg
    D688A537-BD49-474B-A6AF-9C47D72498F4.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 244
OK so I just became familiar with Aulani in the past few days. I found this link to have the "best" (i.e. easily readable) map of the resort: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aulanimap.htm
The #s you see in the hallways on the map are the last two. The floor will come first, so you'll have X or XX and then the two numbers as seen in the hallways. If I'm not mistaken, I think the lowest number room on ea floor is on the right arm of the building on the map - which is the side of the building referred to as Waianae Building (note that this building will be on the left hand side if you're looking at the horseshoe shaped resort from the ocean, but on the map it's on the right). 01 would be the very tip. And then it'd grow larger as you get closer to the bottom of the horseshoe or "U" where the lobby is. The left hand side of the horseshoe or "U" is the Ewa building and starts with room XX50. Furthest left of the horseshoe will be XX89 (which is a grand villa). Now the easiest thing to do when trying to figure out the "view" options and the corresponding room #s would be to take this information from the map and compare it against the very first page of this thread. The original poster was very kind to paste little pictures/charts of the resorts room #s, the type of room they are (studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, etc.) and the corresponding type of room (ocean, island, etc.) in the picture chart. On top of that, the OP also provided active links to ea room number below the pics so you can click on an exact room # and it will show people's pics from that room. Obv not all room #s are on here (yet - we will need to keep contributing!) and some photos have been removed due to issues with photo sharing/storing sites. Hope this helps! It's a lot of information, but I think the resort map combined with post 1 on page 1 of this thread will help you a lot.
Nice. Thanks!

This is helpful - thank you. I am looking at the room numbers and tiers. There should be rooms with the last two digits 20 through 47. Are these the regular hotel rooms and not rented through the DVC program or am I missing something else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!