Aulani -- Visit Kualoa Ranch or Polynesian Cultural Center

rellabee

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone -- For those of you that have been to Aulani, I'd love to hear your opinions on Kualoa Ranch and the Polynesian Cultural Center. We have one day that we can do either one of these, but I'm not going to do both in this trip. This is our first ever and likely our only trip to Oahu anytime in the next ten years. It will be myself, DH, DS12, DS9, and DD6.

Cost is not a consideration when choosing between the two. We can afford to do both, but I have other experiences planned for our other days. I'm looking for your opinions on which is the best experience, what parts of each just weren't worth it, etc.

Please note that we have children as young as 6 and 9, so our family cannot do the horseback riding and ATV at Kualoa. My children are active and get bored easily, because they are used to doing things rather than being entertained by watching things. On the rest of the trip, we are taking surfing lessons, a two -hour outrigger canoe trip in the ocean, hiking, etc.

Thanks everyone!

rellabee said:
Hi Everyone -- For those of you that have been to Aulani, I'd love to hear your opinions on Kualoa Ranch and the Polynesian Cultural Center. We have one day that we can do either one of these, but I'm not going to do both in this trip. This is our first ever and likely our only trip to Oahu anytime in the next ten years. It will be myself, DH, DS12, DS9, and DD6.

Cost is not a consideration when choosing between the two. We can afford to do both, but I have other experiences planned for our other days. I'm looking for your opinions on which is the best experience, what parts of each just weren't worth it, etc.

Please note that we have children as young as 6 and 9, so our family cannot do the horseback riding and ATV at Kualoa. My children are active and get bored easily, because they are used to doing things rather than being entertained by watching things. On the rest of the trip, we are taking surfing lessons, a two -hour outrigger canoe trip in the ocean, hiking, etc.

Thanks everyone!

We did both in one day as the PPC doesn't even open until about 11and is only a short distance from Kualoa Ranch. We did the Movie Tour at the ranch, which is fun if you're familiar with the films and TV shows filmed there, but would otherwise be boring.

However, given the ages of your children they may find PCC more interesting and entertaining. The villages have activities for young and old to enjoy.

We did the Movie Tour at the ranch, which is fun if you're familiar with the films and TV shows filmed there, but would otherwise be boring.

Agree! We didn't do the PCC while we were there so I can't compare the two. However we are huge Jurassic Park and Lost fans so we really enjoyed the tour. However without some connection to the films/TV show I don't think it would be nearly as interesting or fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter