Aulani water slides closed for a week

LD500

Mouseketeer
My family is disappointed the water slides are closed for a week to resurface. We had 1 day of slides then found out they closed down today. People were slipping in the rock tiles.
Wish Disney told us so we used the slides on day 2 at least. Sad, very sad.

Oh no! I would hate if I traveled all the way to Hawaii only to find the water slides in my hotel were closed. That must be sad, probably nothing else to do in HAWAII.

Not a big deal unless you make it one. A water slide is a water slide. Go take in a sunset, swim in the ocean, walk on the beach. Focus on the positive. You are in Hawaii.

I'm in my living room. If my computer wasn't working after spending a few thousand on it, I'd feel irritated. It is my source of beautiful views right now.

That's a bummer!! My kids loved the water slides and would have been completely disappointed if they had been closed. When we were there last month, we got a notice under our door that for the next two days, the new infinity pool and grotto would be closed because they were filming something there. Turned out they were filming all over the water park area, which was a bit of a pain, but we made the best of it. I will say that the stairs to the slides were quite slippery, and I almost fell a couple of times. But it would have been nice if they could have just done part of the stairs and left part of it open for access to the slides. I'm sure there will be lots of unhappy people. If I were you, I would speak to management and let them know that your kids are disappointed, and see if there's anything they can do for you (free shave ice or something?). At least express that had they let you know earlier (assuming they knew), you would have used the slides more on your first couple of days. That was our frustration, too, that they didn't let us know much ahead of time, even though they had to have known about the film crews. That is something they could change.

I'm sure you'll still have a wonderful time!

That's exactly my point. Not that there isn't anything else to do in Hawaii but they should have told us about the closure as soon as possible. We truly would have gone on the slides much more in the days available if we knew it would be closed for the rest of our trip. They obviously waited until Monday to minimize the impact on the larger crowd. Great resort, kids love it, just wish we had more notice on pre-planned closure.

That is a shame. When I visited Aulani they where resurfacing the walking path and stairs leading up to the slides. The good thing is that they first did one side and then the other so nothing was closed and you only had to walk around to get on the slide. In your situation I would be upset.

Do you know when are they scheduled to reopen? We'll be arriving next Monday (the 25th).

That's exactly my point. Not that there isn't anything else to do in Hawaii but they should have told us about the closure as soon as possible. We truly would have gone on the slides much more in the days available if we knew it would be closed for the rest of our trip. They obviously waited until Monday to minimize the impact on the larger crowd. Great resort, kids love it, just wish we had more notice on pre-planned closure.

Maybe you could talk to member services and ask to get a partial refund of points? I have a friend who went while all of the construction was going on, and I guess it was pretty bad when she and her family were there. She spoke with member services and they refunded her 20 points. I know you would probably rather have the slides, but at least that would be some compensation. I hope everyone there now can find other ways to enjoy their vacation:)

Do you know when are they scheduled to reopen? We'll be arriving next Monday (the 25th).

They're scheduled to reopen on Sat Nov 23rd. Looks to be on schedule as we can see their progress from our room. It's beautiful here. Even when the weather report called for showers all day the showers ended by noon and it was perfect weather all day.

We won't get any kind if refund as we came here this time on rented points. I'm not after compensation, just wish we were told about their plans is we could adjust accordingly.

I couldn't imagine a better resort for young kids. Well all inclusive food and more night activities but that's just being crazy. Wonderful place. Expensive but you simply can't get this kind of kid fun for any price anywhere else.

Would not blame ya at all for mentioning the closure in your after trip survey of satisfaction. Just got back from Aulani two weeks ago. The infinity sunset hot tub was closed....We wanted that sunset soak but got over it pretty fast with all the other stuff we found. Its only snowing and 10 degrees back home in Denver. Wanna trade? ;):)

Last week they had the adult hot tub area closed until midweek for some work...

They have to do the work sometime and it is an incredible slow period there these last few weeks...

Thanks for the reply LD500! Finishing up packing and it's off to Waikiki in an hour and a half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter