Aunts & Uncles and Cousins..Oh My!! the Pre trip report

TikiGoddess

DIS Veteran
:donald:Better start with the cast as if you're going to be able to keep up, so here goes:
I'll start with my 4.
:mad:The Grince half prince half Grumpy. He's 40 and a hard worker with an engineer's logical mind.
Me :tigger: 39 and holding. The Disney Planner extraordinaire. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it.
:donald: My oldest DS 9 yrs, we'll call him Donald. Loves all things Stars Wars and anything having to do w/Donald himself.
Figment 7 yrs (which I can no longer find on the icons) is our youngest ds. Marches to the beat of his own drummer and adores peter Pan.
My Mom total ::MinnieMo likes things her way and loves to people watch. Parades are the highlight for her.
My Dad :tongue: has never met a stranger he didn't like or struck up a conversation with.
My eldest aunt is :littleangel: an angel in disguise and doesn't want anyone to not get along. I call her the family matriarch
Her husband, my uncle, is the perfect :yoda: He can fix anything and see the wisdom in playing golf in disney he does.(recognize the yodaspeak?)
My youngest aunt likes to make things happen, usually loudly. :smickey:
Her hubby is always working :surfweb: we'll see if we can pry him away from the computer for fun @ Disney.
My oldest cousin:teacher:who we'll call teach, gets to bring her darling princess on her first trip to Disney
Her dh pirate: is always working the angles.
The aforementioned princess princess:princess: is besieged with our attention since the last little ones were 7 yrs ago. She'll stick close to teach.
My youngest cousin shall be called :dumbo: for reasons she knows good and well and have no bearing on her intellect.
Her husband is the giant with a heart of gold, who'd rather play with the 7 and 9 yrs. old than people his own age so Sully it is.:sulley:

We began the planning of our trip many moons ago. We started out with 27 going and now we're at a very firm 15. No changes please! This planner is worn out!:rolleyes1. To plan this elaborate feat, I've had considerable help from my youngest cousin and it has been great to have her on board. The hotel reservations have been made, the plane info. collected, the matching t-shirts have been ordered and before you ask, yes we are those people. The golf games are even ready to reserve. Oh, and most importantly the dining plan is free. We're in good shape!

Because I like to milk every minute I have out of Disney, my crew is arriving first. Shortly thereafter both my cousins arrive. I'm looking at booking an early dinner at the new T Rex in downtown disney. Love to hear any feedback on it since it was still being built last time we were there. As long as the food is decent, the atmosphere should make up for it.

We don't have park tickets the first day b/c the 11th was a blackout date for free dining (I still have no idea why). Anyway, Sulley, Figment and Donald could spend the rest of their trip in the Lego store so I'm not too concerned.

3 of us are flying out of DFW one right after the other. And our stay will be in ASM.
Here's a rundown of the restaurants we'll be hitting:
50's Primetime
Tony's Town Square (Grand Gathering B-fast..I'm just excited by the empty main st. photo op).

Ran out of room there to continue on:
Tusker House dinner w/ Kilimanjaro special safari (also for GG too)
Coral Reef at Epcot
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
'Ohana breakfast for those of us still around.

My cuz and I have already made schedule books for everyone, have some games to play and all kinds of prizes...Stay posted as this humongous grand gathering takes off.....:car: TTFN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter