Aunty's Beach House - Aulani

AKVFamily

Mouseketeer
We are Aulani first-timers! Can anyone describe their experience at Aunty's Beach House? If it is difficult to get your kids in, what time do you need to try to check-in? Any activities that your kids found particularly enjoyable? Any comments would be appreciated!

Been to Aulani twice. The first time we used Aunty's Beach house just once. It was a day of learning about fish, making fish food and feeding the fish. It was a couple of hours. My daughter (7 at the time) enjoyed it. We didn't sign her up for anything else that trip or our second trip. My daughter is more interested at just swimming at the pool and going to the beach. I know it's very popular and many, many kids love it but it's just not for us.

You are going to LOVE Aulani!! We had a top-notch experience at Aunties, but I have also heard it's all about the crowd levels when you're there. We visited for a week in November and it was super quiet. I would go after breakfast to sign my two boys (4 and 5) up for one or two of the planned activities, and there was never a waitlist. They loved stitches space goo and some of the hawaiian ones (I remember a canoe building one?). Didn't try the two or three paid ones, as the price seemed a little steep.

Throughout the day we would also drop them in and out for free play. Most times there seemed to be just as many staff and children and they did so many crafts and activities with them in the free play time too. Can't speak highly enough of the staff and the cleanliness of the place. Took a day or two for my boys to adjust being away from us (or more like away from the pool), but by the last day they were in there for about 5 hours and we had to literally drag them away!! It's a great option to get kids out of the heat of the midday sun.

Hope you're there in a quiet time and your kids have as much fun as ours!

You will completely LOVE Aulani! My family and I have been twice in the past 2 years and both trips were very memorable and as always - magical! We travelled in Feb last year and April this year staying in a Studio room. Aunties Beach House was an amazing experience for our kids! The first year we went our youngest was 2, so was unable to be left during regular hours there. We could, however go as a family during their 'open house' times in the morning (check your 'Daily Iwa' for the schedule). Our older child could be dropped off and enjoyed many of the programs and open play times that they offered. This year both kids were old enough to be dropped off! They took part in lots of the programs - but their favourite by far was 'Stitches Space Goo'. A MUST for your kids! As with most things Disney - some planning is involved. But, I always found our Aulani planning to be a great part of our day! In the evening we would wander to the lobby and get the next days 'Daily Iwa' - in that you will find a list of the programs for the next day at Auntie's, as well as the rest of the hotels event schedule for the next day. I would also check at the same time what the attendance is like at the hotel. If it is high then you will want to go early (max 1/2 hour before opening) to line up for a spot in some of the more popular programs (like Stitch). For the free play we have NEVER had any problem getting the kids in. There was always room. Another note: If you want your kids to be there for lunch or dinner - you will want to order that early in the day to ensure room. Our trips were both during off-season, so we never encountered any large crowds or difficulty with getting into programs. Your kids will love it!!

Aluani is a magical place. Enjoy your trip! Make sure you see the Starlit Hui and enjoy the movie nights on the lawn! Disney really has done an amazing job with this hotel - my only complaint about it would be that it is not Disney enough for me! But ... it certainly is beautiful, clean, fun and safe. I loved every moment my family was there - I hope you do too!

One more thing: We enjoyed the character breakfast both years! Food was good (standard breakfast fare at a buffet) and the entertainment for the kids was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter