Australia- Anyone done this ABD?

PrincessYessenia

DVC Member - AKV
My mom and I were thinking about doing the Australia ABD next April so I was wondering if anyone else had gone before? :confused3 I'd love to see some pictures. She's paying for everything, so I need some pictures to send her too seal the deal :rotfl: Thanks if you can help :hippie:

I booked this trip last year and our date was cancelled and we ending up going to Alaska instead. There are several folks on the board who have actually taken it though. Also, if you go up to the menu at the top of this page and click on the BLOG link it will take you to the Disunplugged Blog. Search for Australia and you will find Pete Werner's blog entries about his ABD experience in Australia, including photos. It's very entertaining.

I booked this trip last year and our date was cancelled and we ending up going to Alaska instead. There are several folks on the board who have actually taken it though. Also, if you go up to the menu at the top of this page and click on the BLOG link it will take you to the Disunplugged Blog. Search for Australia and you will find Pete
Werner's blog entries about his ABD experience in Australia, including photos. It's very entertaining.

Pete went in Setember 2009. I looked for the blog last week and now I can't remember why. On the right of the blog click on September 2009.

I have and it seems I may have enjoyed it more than podcast guy did. I certainly had fewer issues with the cuisine. It has been awhile since I went, but I did have a great time. Here are links to posts about my trip. The second one features photos.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1990829

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2050468

I hope that helps some. It is a beautiful country and a fun experience! :goodvibes

I was going to say - I hope ABD wasn't expecting paying for an endorsement by the Podcast guy:eek:

I searched for the flights I wanted, and then I called ABD and had them book the ones I wanted. I would encourage you to make sure your flights are insured (whether you decide to book through ABD or not). I was glad I booked through them, because there was a problem with mine and they helped me through it. If I had booked on my own, I am sure I wouldn't have had as much pull with the airlines to fix things as Disney does.

Very true. I was looking at flights through Qanta's and they quoted me $2,500 for our trip there and back. Seems like a decent price, since Continental, the airline we usually fly with wanted over $3,000 for both of us ONE WAY to Cairns :scared1:

Very true. I was looking at flights through Qanta's and they quoted me $2,500 for our trip there and back. Seems like a decent price, since Continental, the airline we usually fly with wanted over $3,000 for both of us ONE WAY to Cairns :scared1:

Hi, maybe have a look at Vigrin as well. We are flying Sydney to New York on a Qantas/Continental share code - I paid about $1400 Australian (about $1240 US with today's exchange rate). I booked through Expedia - Australia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter