Autism lawsuits to continue on appeal

I don't understand the thought process of putting the child and others in harm's way in this situation. If the child becomes out of control and violent in a crowded area or on a movimg ride, it could quickly turn into a very dangerous thing. What if they fall out of a coaster or knock someone down stairs or into the water during this situation. I'm all for equality, but your rights end where another's begin.

This actually happened at a non Disney water park, it was in the news over the summer. A man with a "cognitive didability" got mad the line for the water slide was taking too long, so he picked up the 8 year old child in front of him and threw the child over the railing. Child survived the 30 foot drop but was seriously injured. The man in the lawsuit is a big guy and could really hurt someone. Lets pretend mom wins her lawsuit and he gets to skip the line and loop the ride, but what if the ride breaks down, what's to keep him from becoming violent? If he's that much of a danger to others when he doesn't get his own way, mom is being very irresponsible and selfish by bringing him into the park. By all means advocate for your child, but not when it means putting others in danger

I believe it is only this one parent who is going on the record that if Junior doesn't get to loop a ride( I think its Toy story? not sure) multiple times he gets violent. the rest of the parents are essentially wanting FOTL access to all attractions they wish to do without having to get FP+ or wait outside the line a reasonable time frame as compared to everyone else's wait. the lawsuit is claiming that none of the plaintiffs can 'wait' at all.

in other words, they are wanting special access that is not otherwise available to the rank and file. this is why Disney keeps winning the legal arguments.

Our family (daughter, now age 15 and on the severe end of the autism spectrum and additional challenges) are former users of the GAC but the DAS with/FP+ works almost as well for us. She would like (not need) to repeat certain rides (Everest is one) so we do so by getting a FP+ and DAS return time within the same time frame. I am very thankful that Disney continues to provide accommodations.

What does make me sad, and I am not directing this towards you at all or this particular discussion (yet), is that sometimes in threads like this where GAC vs DAS is being discussed some posters aren't understanding or supportive at all about providing ANY accommodations to those with cognitive disabilities like autism. Sometimes threads like this just add fire to the negative opinions about accommodation or autism/cognitive disabilities in general and that doesn’t help anyone.

Let's stop a second, and take a breath - and more importantly, let's assume positive intent on the part of *everyone* involved.

As the parent of a disabled child, I can tell you - from 24 years of experience - that when your child is "different", you have to parent differently. No matter what anyone says. The reality is, that child has needs that are outside the "norm" and as their parent, you will have to try and meet those needs. In my case, I had one (bio) child (I'm blessed to have several "extra" kids who I love like my own, and who spend holidays with us, and who call us their family) and so I never had the opportunity to parent a "normal" or "regular" kid through childhood. I don't know what that looks like, or how it works. BUT, ask me anything about finding a car seat to fit a newborn infant with bilateral leg casts (hips to toes) or how to introduce your child - and her wheelchair - to her kindergarten class. Ask me about how to keep a suitcase packed for the *next* trip to the Shriner's Hospital - because we never, in her first 18 years, went more than 6 weeks between trips. Ask me about how to comfort a teenage girl who believed that no boy would ever love her because she was in a wheelchair. My experiences as a mother have been profoundly different from most other moms - and that's OK, because I know the truth... that "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.

It's NOT OK to assume that a parent that is trying to advocate for their child is simply being stubborn or selfish or unreasonable. They may not know, or be able to see, that their request is considered by the majority to be extreme; they only know that for the entire life of their child, they have had to advocate for everything. And so that is what they do. Is it "right"? Is it "fair"? That's not for us to judge. Instead, let's try to remember that they are trying to give their child the best possible experience they can. For their children, that means being able to ride the same ride over and over. The children that they are advocating for don't know that their parents are acting outside the bounds of "normalcy" when they ask for these special accommodations - they only know that they want to ride the ride again. You don't have to agree with their request of Disney, but at least try to understand *why* those parents are asking for these accommodations to be granted.

Let's all try to discuss this without casting aspersions on people we don't personally know. None of us wish to be judged unfairly by anyone - especially someone who doesn't know us, and doesn't know our entire story. And let's give that same grace to all of the parties involved in this legal action.

When advocating for your children would you have paid for an 'enhanced' experiance? If that would have fit their needs better than the standard experince that all park ticket holders are entitled to. This is not to say I am asking if you would pay for the DAS or GAC but if those did not fit your families needs would you have paid for a 'higher' experince level. Like the Express Pass at Universal? I ask because I have used the EP at Universal and see where it would work great for people to ride a ride to their hearts content. I got some major use on ET Adventure and The Mummy with the EP.

Our family (daughter, now age 15 and on the severe end of the autism spectrum and additional challenges) are former users of the GAC but the DAS with/FP+ works almost as well for us. She would like (not need) to repeat certain rides (Everest is one) so we do so by getting a FP+ and DAS return time within the same time frame. I am very thankful that Disney continues to provide accommodations.

What does make me sad, and I am not directing this towards you at all or this particular discussion (yet), is that sometimes in threads like this where GAC vs DAS is being discussed some posters aren't understanding or supportive at all about providing ANY accommodations to those with cognitive disabilities like autism. Sometimes threads like this just add fire to the negative opinions about accommodation or autism/cognitive disabilities in general and that doesn’t help anyone.

I think people in general are not good about any hidden disablilty. I have multiple processing and learning disbalilites that I was diagnosed with late in life, at 28 to be exact. I also have some physical issues that make stading in one place for an extended period of time torture. I can run marathons and stay very active but standing is my issue. Back when the GAC was still around I just took my Dr note into GR and was able to get the pass. I would never have abused this pass though. There were a couple of times I was there with my freind who is on the spectrum and some of our fellow line people gave use a hard time for being 'able bodied' and using the GAC. This actually caused us to start renting a wheelchair that we would trade off who was sitting in to prevent these comments. To be clear these were fellow park goers and never CMs. Fast forward to today me and this freind still travel to Orlando and we use the FP+ and DAS but tend to only get three rides or so in beofre I am to the point where I cannot stand the pain. We go back to the hotel to rest and sometimes try to hit a park latter in the day but depnding on how much pain I am in this doesn't happen. Looking at me one would never know the issues I deal with everyday, nerve damage, neck joint and bone damage, and the processing and learning disablilties. I honestly have never tried to get the pass at Universal because the lines are always much shorter and keep moving. The exception is Jurassic Park River Adventure, I do this once every fourth or fifith trip.

Let's stop a second, and take a breath - and more importantly, let's assume positive intent on the part of *everyone* involved.

As the parent of a disabled child, I can tell you - from 24 years of experience - that when your child is "different", you have to parent differently. No matter what anyone says. The reality is, that child has needs that are outside the "norm" and as their parent, you will have to try and meet those needs. In my case, I had one (bio) child (I'm blessed to have several "extra" kids who I love like my own, and who spend holidays with us, and who call us their family) and so I never had the opportunity to parent a "normal" or "regular" kid through childhood. I don't know what that looks like, or how it works. BUT, ask me anything about finding a car seat to fit a newborn infant with bilateral leg casts (hips to toes) or how to introduce your child - and her wheelchair - to her kindergarten class. Ask me about how to keep a suitcase packed for the *next* trip to the Shriner's Hospital - because we never, in her first 18 years, went more than 6 weeks between trips. Ask me about how to comfort a teenage girl who believed that no boy would ever love her because she was in a wheelchair. My experiences as a mother have been profoundly different from most other moms - and that's OK, because I know the truth... that "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.

It's NOT OK to assume that a parent that is trying to advocate for their child is simply being stubborn or selfish or unreasonable. They may not know, or be able to see, that their request is considered by the majority to be extreme; they only know that for the entire life of their child, they have had to advocate for everything. And so that is what they do. Is it "right"? Is it "fair"? That's not for us to judge. Instead, let's try to remember that they are trying to give their child the best possible experience they can. For their children, that means being able to ride the same ride over and over. The children that they are advocating for don't know that their parents are acting outside the bounds of "normalcy" when they ask for these special accommodations - they only know that they want to ride the ride again. You don't have to agree with their request of Disney, but at least try to understand *why* those parents are asking for these accommodations to be granted.

Let's all try to discuss this without casting aspersions on people we don't personally know. None of us wish to be judged unfairly by anyone - especially someone who doesn't know us, and doesn't know our entire story. And let's give that same grace to all of the parties involved in this legal action.

I am not assuming anything. This is in her lawsuit. She has been very public and loud on facebook about expecting nothing less then being able to go on the ride instantly and repeatedly and has said, in her own words, that her grown child will become violent if he does not get his way and that she can do nothing to stop him. There is wanting reasonable accommodations for your child and then there is greedy. If you have ever been to her facebook page and have read the stuff she puts on there then you would see that this woman is someone who loves the attention that she gets from her son's disability.

I feel like your bolded words are a bit extreme, as the DAS does exactly what you are claiming people aren't supportive about. The DAS addresses the inability to handle a crowded queue. It acts like a 4th (and more) FP+, and when combined with FP+ can get you on 4 attractions with minimum waits, and the ability to get in the FP+ queue of any attraction with FP+. So those of us without DAS access have to decide between tiers of attractions at the parks, and know that some attractions are not going to be easy to get FP+ for. Those with a DAS can get a return time even if no FP+ are available. People here are very supportive of the DAS, IMO. We may not be supportive of giving a group unlimited access so others are getting no access at all, KWIM?

I think people in general are not good about any hidden disablilty. I have multiple processing and learning disbalilites that I was diagnosed with late in life, at 28 to be exact. I also have some physical issues that make stading in one place for an extended period of time torture. I can run marathons and stay very active but standing is my issue. Back when the GAC was still around I just took my Dr note into GR and was able to get the pass. I would never have abused this pass though. There were a couple of times I was there with my freind who is on the spectrum and some of our fellow line people gave use a hard time for being 'able bodied' and using the GAC. This actually caused us to start renting a wheelchair that we would trade off who was sitting in to prevent these comments. To be clear these were fellow park goers and never CMs. Fast forward to today me and this freind still travel to Orlando and we use the FP+ and DAS but tend to only get three rides or so in beofre I am to the point where I cannot stand the pain. We go back to the hotel to rest and sometimes try to hit a park latter in the day but depnding on how much pain I am in this doesn't happen. Looking at me one would never know the issues I deal with everyday, nerve damage, neck joint and bone damage, and the processing and learning disablilties. I honestly have never tried to get the pass at Universal because the lines are always much shorter and keep moving. The exception is Jurassic Park River Adventure, I do this once every fourth or fifith trip.

If you used the wheelchair before, wouldn't it help to use it now? Then you wouldn't have so much standing.

Last edited:
As the parent of a disabled child, I can tell you - from 24 years of experience - that when your child is "different", you have to parent differently...It's NOT OK to assume that a parent that is trying to advocate for their child is simply being stubborn or selfish or unreasonable. They may not know, or be able to see, that their request is considered by the majority to be extreme...You don't have to agree with their request of Disney, but at least try to understand *why* those parents are asking for these accommodations to be granted...Let's all try to discuss this without casting aspersions on people we don't personally know...
This is a discussion board in which people share opinions, and that is going to include opinions about strangers' actions. That's just the nature of the beast. Parents of disabled kids aren't some special class of people who can never be criticized- that's patronizing. They're (we're) as intelligent as anyone else, live in the same world as everyone else, and should be held to the same standards of good sense as everyone else.

My son has autism, so I'm very familiar with this topic and it's very personal to me. I know what kind of therapies and interventions are recommended and effective for kids on the spectrum, and extreme indulgence (riding their favorite Disney World ride 10 times nonstop with no wait, while everyone else has to wait just to ride once) isn't one of them. They need to practice taking a turn, and then yielding to let others have a turn. They need to learn to follow social norms and cues. Parents who insist otherwise for their disabled kids are doing their own children a disservice.

Last edited:

This is a discussion board in which people share opinions, and that is going to include opinions about strangers' actions. That's just the nature of the beast. Parents of disabled kids aren't some special class of people who can never be criticized- that's patronizing. They're (we're) as intelligent as anyone else, live in the same world as everyone else, and should be held to the same standards of good sense as everyone else.

I am *not* advocating that the parents of disabled children should never be criticized - and if my post reads that way, that was certainly not my intent.

My son has autism, so I'm very familiar with this topic and it's very personal to me. I know what kind of therapies and interventions are recommended and effective for kids on the spectrum, and extreme indulgence (riding their favorite Disney World ride 10 times nonstop with no wait, while everyone else has to wait just to ride once) isn't one of them. They need to practice taking a turn, and then yielding to let others have a turn. They need to learn to follow social norms and cues. Parents who insist otherwise for their disabled kids are doing their own children a disservice.

Can you say that again for the people in the back?

I’d just like to point out, every person on the spectrum is different. You can practice social norms all you want, but the ability for an individual on the spectrum to understand and respect social norms and cues is going to be highly variable. Some individuals may never make much progress on this front with all the practice in the world. It’s what happens when your brain is developed differently.

One argument I have heard with regard to this lawsuit that has some level of validity is the GAC addressed and provided an accommodation for those whose disability impacts their ability to wait at all in a temporal sense. The DAS does not address this at all. So yeah. There was some loss of accommodation for people whose primary needs were related to their ability to wait at all. People should have a little more empathy that individuals with very little access to interacting and engaging with the world had one way they could spend time with their family outside of the house revoked from them. Bigger picture though, it’s not sustainable for Disney to provide accommodations to that extent, and it just sucks. It sucks living in a world where your needs that you cannot change are too much for the vast majority of businesses and institutions to accommodate effectively.

Shanti,
GENIUS POST! You are VERY WISE and always give great advice!

I’d just like to point out, every person on the spectrum is different. You can practice social norms all you want, but the ability for an individual on the spectrum to understand and respect social norms and cues is going to be highly variable. Some individuals may never make much progress on this front with all the practice in the world. It’s what happens when your brain is developed differently.

One argument I have heard with regard to this lawsuit that has some level of validity is the GAC addressed and provided an accommodation for those whose disability impacts their ability to wait at all in a temporal sense. The DAS does not address this at all. So yeah. There was some loss of accommodation for people whose primary needs were related to their ability to wait at all. People should have a little more empathy that individuals with very little access to interacting and engaging with the world had one way they could spend time with their family outside of the house revoked from them. Bigger picture though, it’s not sustainable for Disney to provide accommodations to that extent, and it just sucks. It sucks living in a world where your needs that you cannot change are too much for the vast majority of businesses and institutions to accommodate effectively.
I will point out that those parties could still, theoretically, pay for minimal waits at Disney in a variety of ways (VIP tours, dessert parties, extra FP+ for club level guests, etc.). [Yes, I understand the burden of paying for this access. I am simply pointing out that they can still possibly enjoy the parks in that way.]

I have a child with autism and I know full well that every one is different. However, indulging my son's every desire does him no good and in fact hinders his chances of interacting with the world in a positive way later in life. No matter how hard it might be for him to try and learn social norms, it is my responsibility as his parent to try and give him the best chance at integrating into society. Not working with him on these issues would be a disservice to him and would be setting him up for more problems later in life.

Regardless of the successes or failures, it is part of my job as a parent to help my child learn. Some things were easy for him to learn, he walked and read at a fairly early age. Some things were more difficult, he was over 4 (maybe closer to 5ish) before he finally got out of diapers. Some things come naturally to him such as math and some things are hard like making friends. I have to keep working with him and will always have to keep working with him but I can't give up and expect the world to adapt for him.

My son is on the higher end of the spectrum but I have a very close friend who also has a 13 year old son but he is on the very low end. He was a danger to himself, his parents and his two younger sisters so last year she made the terribly hard choice to have him live in a house with 24/7 care. Even someone as low functioning as he is has to practice working within typical social norms.

One argument I have heard with regard to this lawsuit that has some level of validity is the GAC addressed and provided an accommodation for those whose disability impacts their ability to wait at all in a temporal sense. The DAS does not address this at all. So yeah. There was some loss of accommodation for people whose primary needs were related to their ability to wait at all.

I don't believe the GAC ever specifically accommodated for those unable to wait. GAC had (if I recall) 6 specific stamps and I don't recall them all off the top of my head, but I don't believe there was ever a stamp for immediate access - in fact, I recall it specifically stated something like "not intended for immediate access." Now very short waits may have been a by-product in that the "alternate entrance" rarely had a queue or maybe just a couple people waiting. Especially in the earlier years. Then FP started, and the "alternate entrance" morphed into an automatic FP at some attractions; and over time more attractions got FP. As more and more people obtained GAC, and more and more people go to WDW each year, and FP (then FP+) became more popular -- the alternate entrance/FP queue couldn't continue to handle the numbers of guests using it "with no wait." It's a simple matter of supply and demand; once upon a time, crowds were lower and fewer guests used GAC, now crowds are much greater and lots of people want a DAS. Disney is known for handling disabilities well, which drives more guests with various disabilities to vacation there. But again -- supply and demand -- twice as many guests wanting "no wait" results in some having to wait.

I don't believe the GAC ever specifically accommodated for those unable to wait. GAC had (if I recall) 6 specific stamps and I don't recall them all off the top of my head, but I don't believe there was ever a stamp for immediate access - in fact, I recall it specifically stated something like "not intended for immediate access." Now very short waits may have been a by-product in that the "alternate entrance" rarely had a queue or maybe just a couple people waiting. Especially in the earlier years. Then FP started, and the "alternate entrance" morphed into an automatic FP at some attractions; and over time more attractions got FP. As more and more people obtained GAC, and more and more people go to WDW each year, and FP (then FP+) became more popular -- the alternate entrance/FP queue couldn't continue to handle the numbers of guests using it "with no wait." It's a simple matter of supply and demand; once upon a time, crowds were lower and fewer guests used GAC, now crowds are much greater and lots of people want a DAS. Disney is known for handling disabilities well, which drives more guests with various disabilities to vacation there. But again -- supply and demand -- twice as many guests wanting "no wait" results in some having to wait.

You are 100% correct. The GAC was never intended for immediate access and stated so in clear language.

The judge had a very good response to this very point:

The district courts summary judgement this appeal addresses found in favor of Disney because “(1) Disney provided plaintiffs an opportunity to gain a like benefit from its parks that is enjoyed by nondisabled individuals; (2) plaintiffs can all wait in a car or a plane to get to Disney’s parks, and therefore plaintiffs can wait virtually with a DAS Card to access rides at scheduled times; and (3) DAS is an existing means to equal access.”

Excuse me for asking for clarification here but I really want to understand when you say some people cannot wait at all. Leaving Disney rides out of it, don't these same people have to wait for many other things in life - wait for the plane to leave, wait for the car to be filled with gas, wait for the red light to change, wait for the cashier to take their order, wait for their food to be cooked, wait for their favorite shirt to be washed, wait for a public bathroom stall to become available, wait for a parade to start, wait for Christmas to come, wait for (fill in the blank)? How do these people deal with having to wait for things like these?

Excuse me for asking for clarification here but I really want to understand when you say some people cannot wait at all. Leaving Disney rides out of it, don't these same people have to wait for many other things in life - wait for the plane to leave, wait for the car to be filled with gas, wait for the red light to change, wait for the cashier to take their order, wait for their food to be cooked, wait for their favorite shirt to be washed, wait for a public bathroom stall to become available, wait for a parade to start, wait for Christmas to come, wait for (fill in the blank)? How do these people deal with having to wait for things like these?

I never said not being able to wait at all. There is a huge difference between asking someone to wait 5-10 minutes and asking someone to wait 45-60 minutes. You might be able to make some progress for daily tasks that they can at least get done in some kind of context with some kind of routine, but for some individuals on the spectrum, waits beyond that might be more than they’re ever capable of.

I have a child with autism and I know full well that every one is different. However, indulging my son's every desire does him no good and in fact hinders his chances of interacting with the world in a positive way later in life. No matter how hard it might be for him to try and learn social norms, it is my responsibility as his parent to try and give him the best chance at integrating into society. Not working with him on these issues would be a disservice to him and would be setting him up for more problems later in life.

Regardless of the successes or failures, it is part of my job as a parent to help my child learn. Some things were easy for him to learn, he walked and read at a fairly early age. Some things were more difficult, he was over 4 (maybe closer to 5ish) before he finally got out of diapers. Some things come naturally to him such as math and some things are hard like making friends. I have to keep working with him and will always have to keep working with him but I can't give up and expect the world to adapt for him.

My son is on the higher end of the spectrum but I have a very close friend who also has a 13 year old son but he is on the very low end. He was a danger to himself, his parents and his two younger sisters so last year she made the terribly hard choice to have him live in a house with 24/7 care. Even someone as low functioning as he is has to practice working within typical social norms.

You can’t expect the world to adapt for him, but you sure can advocate for a world that is more accepting of who he is as he is. I’m not saying you’re not doing that. As an adult on the spectrum, no amount of teaching social norms and expectations can make up for acceptance for who you are. It never gets easier. All the practice and learning in the world doesn’t make it any easier, less painful, less stressful living on the spectrum. Acceptance is the only thing that makes the difference between making it from one day to the next sometimes. I’m 100% sure you accept your son for who he is and you’re doing everything you can to help him. My comments are more for people reading who are less familiar with life on the spectrum.

Having to make that choice to put your child in a residential facility must be absolutely gut wrenching. I cannot imagine having to make a choice like that. I hope he is doing okay and the family feels he is less of a danger to himself now that they at least don’t have to worry about his safety as much.

I will point out that those parties could still, theoretically, pay for minimal waits at Disney in a variety of ways (VIP tours, dessert parties, extra FP+ for club level guests, etc.). [Yes, I understand the burden of paying for this access. I am simply pointing out that they can still possibly enjoy the parks in that way.]

Yes I understand that, but it is also understandable someone would be upset with something that was essentially once free costing money now. I’m not saying suing is the right avenue, but I understand the frustration behind the change that essentially makes something that was once accessible no longer accessible for you.

The judge had a very good response to this very point:

The district courts summary judgement this appeal addresses found in favor of Disney because “(1) Disney provided plaintiffs an opportunity to gain a like benefit from its parks that is enjoyed by nondisabled individuals; (2) plaintiffs can all wait in a car or a plane to get to Disney’s parks, and therefore plaintiffs can wait virtually with a DAS Card to access rides at scheduled times; and (3) DAS is an existing means to equal access.”

On paper, yes that makes sense. In practical application, it fails to account for how routine bound some individuals on the spectrum can be when it comes to the parks AND that they’re completely different environments for waiting on a plane/car vs the parks. I completely agree that it is an above and beyond benefit that provides increased access, which is well beyond the legal threshold Disney needs to abide by. I wouldn’t say that the DAS provides equal access consistently (some rides it might provide less and more for others depending on the ride and how well Disney is keeping up with ride times) but its intent is to provide more equal access in a sustainable manner and it does do a better job than the GAC.

Whether Disney ever intended the GAC to act like that or not, it did. People were ultimately accommodated in that capacity, and it is impossible to say that a CM never told them that it could help them in the waiting capacity. CMs do a lot of things they’re not supposed to unfortunately. Last week I heard a CM asking about a diagnosis of a guest for the DAS at guest relations, which they’re not supposed to do. I’m sure with lower crowds, CMs would let the DAS function with more instantaneous access at times and we’d end up in a situation like the GAC all over again. I know I’ve been waived on through when I’ve gone to get a return time for a ride with a wait over 45 minutes and there was almost no one in the FP line because the CM apparently didn’t feel like dealing with their device.

I never said not being able to wait at all. There is a huge difference between asking someone to wait 5-10 minutes and asking someone to wait 45-60 minutes. You might be able to make some progress for daily tasks that they can at least get done in some kind of context with some kind of routine, but for some individuals on the spectrum, waits beyond that might be more than they’re ever capable of.

In your earlier post you said "...for those whose disability impacts their ability to wait at all in a temporal sense." That is what I was asking about. Now regarding this post of yours, how does a person handle the many hours needed to fly or drive to Disney, the hours they have to wait for a park to open, even the weeks or months that they have to wait just to go on a trip? Using Fastpass+ and prioritizing rides and shows with low wait times may be a good strategy for any family with kids or adults that are unable or unwilling to wait more than a minimal amount of time. For those who qualify, DAS provides them with another means of minimizing waiting on an actual line since they can wait elsewhere. It just doesn't provide a way to have a lesser wait than anyone else, meaning they are being provided with equal access.

As an adult on the spectrum, no amount of teaching social norms and expectations can make up for acceptance for who you are.
Theme park attraction access with no wait cannot, and should not reasonably be expected to, make up for acceptance in real life.
Yes I understand that, but it is also understandable someone would be upset with something that was essentially once free costing money now.
Sure. See the many threads about WDW charging for overnight resort parking. Or airlines charging separately for luggsge. Or seat selection.
On paper, yes that makes sense. In practical application, it fails to account for how routine bound some individuals on the spectrum can be when it comes to the parks AND that they’re completely different environments for waiting on a plane/car vs the parks.
Genuinely curious how, on a once a year trip, visitors with Autism/cognitive conditions should be considered routine. I mean, the plane ride is fine, but the attraction line isn't?
Whether Disney ever intended the GAC to act like that or not, it did. People were ultimately accommodated in that capacity,
Still, with the GAC printing that disclaimer on the card, ultimately accommodated should never have been an expectation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!