Automatic hand driers?

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I can not remember but do the bathrooms have automatic hand driers? My daughter is petrified of them (automatic toilets are fine with).

I will bring paper towels/tissues in my bag, but just wondering how horrible my bathroom experiences are going to be.

Some have Dyson blade dryers (that I hate, uneven air flow always bounces my hand against one side) are in some restrooms, but I think all also had paper towels as backup.

There's only a select few that have them. I'm hoping they get all the bathrooms to have the Dyson hand dryers as it saves on paper use and it's a lot better.

But I don't think there's any bathrooms that don't have paper towels

From what I remember the washrooms had both - paper towel dispensers and automatic air dryers.

And there's always the option of letting Mother Nature dry your hands. :)

I can not remember but do the bathrooms have automatic hand driers? My daughter is petrified of them (automatic toilets are fine with).

I will bring paper towels/tissues in my bag, but just wondering how horrible my bathroom experiences are going to be.

Interesting - my nieces used to be scared of the automatic toilets but not the automatic hand driers.

I won't use automatic hand dryers. The research out there shows how much bacteria they blow around, so the benefit of washing your hands goes out the door. They're must dirtier than towels... I will let my hands air dry whenever I see automatic hand dryers.

I won't use automatic hand dryers. The research out there shows how much bacteria they blow around, so the benefit of washing your hands goes out the door. They're must dirtier than towels... I will let my hands air dry whenever I see automatic hand dryers.

This, and for the same reason - filthy, IMO! I don't even like to be in a restroom when they are in use. The air hits the floors, hard, then circulates all the germs for people to breathe.

Great argument for walking out without washing, I totally agree! :-)

Interesting - my nieces used to be scared of the automatic toilets but not the automatic hand driers.

I know! My sister hated automatic toilets, I know tons of kids who hate them. Doesn't bother her, but hand driers you would think the world was ending. I carry stuff to dry with now, but she even hates when other people use them....happy to hear they aren't everywhere.

My daughter used to hate the automatic hand dryers, now she doesn't mind them but insists in always putting her head under it too...

This, and for the same reason - filthy, IMO! I don't even like to be in a restroom when they are in use. The air hits the floors, hard, then circulates all the germs for people to breathe.

IIRC, they use the Dyson blades which don't blow down. You put your hands between the sides and it blows from both sides. I still hate them. My hands always still feel sticky afterwards. I don't recall any bathrooms that didn't have paper towels though. I seem to recall from December that all of the washrooms had the option of either.

In addition to the traditional hand dryers in older restrooms and Dyson Airblades in newer restrooms, there are a few at WDW that have Xlerator hand dryers. If your daughter is afraid of hand dryers keep her far away from those. They are like jet engines in both noise and air flow:

81T7ouC5R%2BL._SX342_.jpg

In addition to the traditional hand dryers in older restrooms and Dyson Airblades in newer restrooms, there are a few at WDW that have Xlerator hand dryers. If your daughter is afraid of hand dryers keep her far away from those. They are like jet engines in both noise and air flow:

81T7ouC5R%2BL._SX342_.jpg

Those are the ones she hates!!! They do sound horrible

They are quieter if you keep your hands farther away. i'm starting to see signs pop up in rest rooms thta say "for quieter dryers, move hands away"

They are quieter if you keep your hands farther away. i'm starting to see signs pop up in rest rooms thta say "for quieter dryers, move hands away"

Makes sense... my issue is she hates when other people are using them, I can avoid her using them, or tell her to keep her hands away I can't train the rest of wdw ;)

My daughter used to be afraid of the automatic toilets too!! I remember many a trip to Disney(and anywhere else) when someone would have to stand in the stall with her and put their hand over the sensor. So glad she grew out of that one! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter