• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autotrain

Mickeyluver37

Currently Disney Deprived
Has anyone here ever used the Amtrak Autotrain from Lorton VA to Orlando? Any ideas on how to get a discount for it? I was quoted $600 each way for 2 adults/2 kids.

Hi,

We have used AutoTrain twice and plan to use it this December for our upcoming trip. If you're not to keen on flying and/or want a peacful way to get to FL, the AutoTrain is a GREAT alternative. You can pack as much as you want in your car and not have to worry about (or pay) for a rental car. Other than AAA, there are very few discounts for the AutoTrain. They do sometimes run specials for it, but they are announced only a few months before travel dates. I believe Amtrak will allow you to change your fare, if you were to purchase at a higher fare and the fare goes down. There may be a small fee to change it, but they would refund your money. That is what the agent told me when I inquired.

The AutoTrain fare includes a good dinner and continental breakfast on the train as well as transport of your car.

If you do a search on this board, you'll find lots of info on the AutoTrain.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask...

:( Bad news for Auto-Train fares. It appears the new 30% Miles of Smiles promotion will exclude Auto-Train, just as the previous 30% special did. However, the promotion will still be good on Amtrak's other Florida trains (Silver Star, Silver Meteor, and The Sunset Limited).

As of right now, the Rail-Sale special is still running for April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter