Availability January 1st

Irishtripletsmomma

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any experience with trying to book a trip starting January 1st if I book 11 months out. My thoughts are that coming in on that day might be difficult to get because of those that stayed over New Years. Our home resorts are AKL and Poly and we are looking to make our first family visit at the start of 2020. We were looking try to come in the first of the year because we can get more nights for the points that we have as compared to the week before.

Also, I know there is a thread with availability predictions/patterns for each resort which has been a great resource to me but I can’t seem to find it anymore. After searching a long time I decided to just post and ask here. Thank you in advance for your help :)

AKL value and Club level could be a problem, but everything else at AKL and Poly should not be an issue if you book 11 months out.

Just our experience this year. Booked a studio Saratoga at 11 months for Jan 1-Jan 5. Switched to a Savanna studio at AKL Kidani at 7 months, waitlisted a standard studio at Bay Lake Tower.

We were totally cool with AKL, and I forgot about the waitlist until it came through at the end of October.

So we went SSR -> AKL -> BLT

We had a one night reservation in a Disney Hotel followed by a week long DVC stay that started on Jan 1. We checked out of the hotel around 7:30 and drove over to OKW to check in (this was before magic bands, online booking, etc). Our room wasn't available until almost 6PM because the guests in the room had had a NYE party in the villa the night before and decided to sleep in, go to the parks for a while and then see if they could self extend. They finally got out of the villa around 3 or 4PM after being asked to pack up and go and it took the cast members almost two hours to clean up the mess they left behind. I haven't seen that many trash bags of bottles, cans, food garbage in a long time. The resort was fully booked at the time, too.

Booked old key west (resort we wanted) at 7 months out starting January 2-6 and got the 1st about a week later by stalking website. We own at poly and usually stay there but we are only spending one day in the parks so did not want temptation looking at me everyday lol.

I really doubt you will have any problems at 11 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter