Available Contracts

Ok good tip to call next time! Good luck with the rest of the process!

Thanks! I had an OKW contract taken a couple of months ago, so fingers crossed. Yes, I prefer to call if it's an email list just because those go fast. If it's a listing on a website I'll usually email, or use whatever system they have on their site to make an offer.

Wouldn't hurt plus look for brokers that share listings.

:earsboy: Bill

Also the summer often is a slower time for DVC listings-often there is a larger number avail for sale in the fall/early winter so I wouldn't give up hope

Agree with both of these.

We just made it to ROFR on a small AKV contract (those get taken pretty quick in my experience). We had gotten to a point where we saved up the cash to buy a specific amount of points, and knew exactly where we wanted them from. I then emailed all the resellers and brokers with what I was looking for. You will often get a response back about getting on their mailing list or downloading their app (I did both), but they would be unlikely to reach out to you due to the number of people looking. I just kept checking the websites every day to see if something came up, and checking the email/app notices when they came in.

In our case I saw what I was looking on a broker's website. When I inquired (told them the costs was way too high), the broker emailed me that they had been unable to contact the seller for some time. Would I be interested in a larger point amount and different location. Told them no, we know what we are looking for and can wait for the right one. A few days later that broker emailed me and said they found another one, and that was the one we made the offer on.

Patience and persistence are probably key.

I just missed another good one and I even called about one hour after I got the email. Ahhh!

From what I take, right now it is a seller's market but toward the end of the year, beginning of next year, it should be a buyer's market more so.

Sorry everybody. I got the 110 pts at SSR. Signed the contract last night. I'll post to the ROFR thread once we get word it has been sent.

I have a feeling you're really feeling like this...

200_s.gif

Mine too! Also fidelity sends out blasts on Tuesdays but none this week. Not enough listings I was told. The contract I got didn't even make it to their email blast or ever on the website. Out of all resellers, Fidelity's website is the worst. Hasn't been updated since I first looked at it a month ago yet many contracts outside of what is listed were/are available but don't show. This is one list you need to be on. Contact Bonnie Krampe and let her know what you're looking for

Fidelity has a pretty low response time on weekends and holidays as well, they don't seem to check their email at all after around Friday around 10:00 AM until mid morning Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!