Avanti Resort - 6515 International Dr. Review

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
We stayed at Avanti Resort at 6515 International Drive for 4 nights from May 24-28, 2018 (4 nights over Memorial Day holiday weekend). The hotel is literally one mile (3 turns) from Universal Studios. The fee for 4 nights was a total of $275. I booked using a www.lastminutetravel.com and I was really impressed. I thoroughly read all the reviews, looked at photos taken by other visitors and looked at it on Google maps. Can you tell I am picky? My teenage daughter and I were traveling alone and coming in late every night so I really needed a safe location. Plus, I like a clean room and at least a little bit of a “pampered” feeling.

We arrived very late for check in at 1 am. I called them a week in advance to let them know we would be late and I called again at about 4 pm on check in day just to be sure they knew we would be late. I did not want any issues with my very late check in and they assured me it would be fine and it was! We had no issues.

Overall, I was impressed. It was clean and the staff was polite, professional and responsive. We checked in at the main building and then drove over to our room in the “tower” section. There was a security guard on duty near the elevators which made me happy since it was so late. There was a safe in the room, a microwave and mini fridge. The beds were clean and very comfortable. We had a very simple problem with the toilet the next day (the chain came unattached from the handle) and they sent a very polite maintenance crew (2 guys) right away.

We used the pool / hot tub twice. Again, it was great. We were literally one mile from Universal Studios and I would definitely stay here again. The resort did charge a $45 security deposit on my credit card. It was refunded about 3 days after I checked out. There was also a minimal resort fee (about $12 per day) that I paid at check in in addition to the $275 but it still seemed like a great deal to me.

It was not the fanciest place ever, but it worked out great for us. To me it was probably an older hotel but it was well maintained and thoroughly updated / recently renovated. I would say the online photos are accurate. I would say in general the room / hotel was comparable to a Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Wyndham, Sleep Inn style of hotel in general. But, it has a modern and contemporary décor. Again, I was really impressed (especially based on what I paid). We will stay here again (and even bring my super picky husband).

Note; There are 2 or three resorts with the name Avanti...this is for the one at 6515 International Drive

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing your review! We're always on the lookout for nice, offsite hotels that don't break the bank! This property has never been on our radar before, appreciate the information that you shared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!