Avios and Universal Tickets

MinnieLovesTigger

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm hoping my U.K. friends can help me with a question about using British Airways Avios for Universal tickets.

I've got a bunch of avios that are about to expire and a trip to Orlando planned for two weeks from now. Not the best use of miles I know, but that is what it is.

My question is that the BA booking site asks that we identify the specific date the tickets will be used. If we specify December 5, for example, with plans to use then on December 6 and 7 (two day park-to-park with seven Day from start expirstoon), will that work? I'd like to book them starting the first day of our trip just in case our schedule changes but with it seeing the voucher itself, I don't know if I have to use them the first time on the specified date or if the next day is OK.

Thanks for any advice!

Just wanted to close the loop on this in case it helps anyone else since what I have is equivalent to a Viator booking.

I e-mailed Universal last night and got a call from guest services this afternoon. They were able to confirm that Viator confirmations can be exchanged at any time after the listed date of travel. She said that actual vouchers might be date specific but that the Viator confirmations are not vouchers until you exchange them at the kiosk or ticket office.

Hi sorry to jump in, but I've searched tirelessly how to use avios to purchase universal tickets. How many points were they? What type of ticket was it and how on earth did you find them???

Hi sorry to jump in, but I've searched tirelessly how to use avios to purchase universal tickets. How many points were they? What type of ticket was it and how on earth did you find them???

Just took a look at my trip journal. They were two day park hoppers for 35,250 avios each.

I found them right on the British Airways site. If you go into the redeeming avios sites, you can look for "experiences" for specific cities/dates. Hope this helps!

Just took a look at my trip journal. They were two day park hoppers for 35,250 avios each.

I found them right on the British Airways site. If you go into the redeeming avios sites, you can look for "experiences" for specific cities/dates. Hope this helps!

Thanks - was worth a look - I dont see anything at the price you paid no and there is a whole section fir US Canada residents
But a 14 day 2 park or 3 park expolorer ticket is 41050 miles - these are about £250 each I think

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!