Aw, my Frose went back to being Rose - 2019 Food and Wine Adventure! RL Update 4/22!

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. That's great that you're planning a fabulous trip for the future. I always function better when I have a trip in the works.

What kind of food was served during this event? Did you feel it was worth the price?

Guys, I have news! I think I'm going back to Disney World, and in 2020!!! Got that offer for people in select states, and my state is magically one of them. It would be solo trip, my mom and I agreed with her age it's not a good idea for her to go. It would also be be super short, like only 3 or 4 days, but it's something! I really just want to check out Food and Wine, so a short trip wouldn't be too horrible. It would be so nice to go somewhere and get out of my city for a bit! Anyways, I'll post more if and when things are finalized. Hope everyone is having a great long weekend!

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. That's great that you're planning a fabulous trip for the future. I always function better when I have a trip in the works.

What kind of food was served during this event? Did you feel it was worth the price?

Thanks! It was hard to do, but it just didn't seem like a good idea for my mom to be traveling at this point. Although I'm looking at going on a solo trip now with the latest discounts, so there may be a mini-taste of the taste of food and wine this year!

Are you asking about the Epcot viewing party? If so it was mostly just desserts, I think they may have had one or two savory items but not much. For being worth the price, I'm leaning towards no. While the view was nice, it was a bit too chaotic at the start, and they really packed people in, so it didn't really feel like an exclusive event. Oh well, now we know!

Exciting!! When are you thinking of going?

Super exciting! I was hoping to go in October, but I ended up getting into a class I need to take for work at the last minute that runs for most of the month, so now I'm looking at mid November or early December. I just want to get out of my house for a few days, even if I miss F&W this year!

Quick update....it seems like my trip might be happening soon! Hopefully I don't jinx it! Right now looking at the third week of November, got the dog all booked, and really all I need now is the ok from my boss to take the time off and then it will be official! I just don't trust my boss to let me take any days off, hopefully I'm wrong. After four cancelled vacations this year I would be so grateful to get just one little one in. Plus bonus, I just saw that F&W goes until Nov. 22nd this year, so I can try at least some of the offerings. YAY!

Hello everyone! So, another quick update, I am going back to Disney World!! Yeah, I know I said that last time, but I actually have a trip booked this time! I am super excited to finally get back, and really just leave my home. It's hard to believe I have not gone anywhere since September 2019. Absolutely crazy.

The trip is at the end of April, so it will be fun to check out the Flower and Garden festival again, it's been four years since I've seen that. Oh, also, this will be a solo trip. Since my mom is teaching in person, they won't let her take a trip since she would have to quarantine when she gets back, whomp whomp. Oh well, I'll have fun regardless!

I'll probably post some planning stuff as I get more into it, just booked so still busy doing the happy dance. :banana:

Although I guess I should start looking into that soon since I can make ADRs in three days! Eeek! This is coming up fast!

Woo hoo ! Glad you have something booked. I currently have three booked but will only go on one. Trying to figure out what dates work best . ( mid April or late August or early September)

Woo hoo ! Glad you have something booked. I currently have three booked but will only go on one. Trying to figure out what dates work best . ( mid April or late August or early September)

Haha, me too! Just having a trip booked that's coming up so soon makes me so ridiculously happy. Finally something to look forward to that doesn't seem ages away!

That's a tough choice between those three trips, mid-April is so soon which obviously would be awesome, plus there is F&G. I feel like late August/Early September are probably pretty similar, with maybe September having the advantage of F&W. It's been so long since I've done any planning I can't even remember when F&W typically starts though, so maybe it's in August too? So yeah, it's a tough one!

Hello everyone! So, another quick update, I am going back to Disney World!! Yeah, I know I said that last time, but I actually have a trip booked this time! I am super excited to finally get back, and really just leave my home. It's hard to believe I have not gone anywhere since September 2019. Absolutely crazy.

The trip is at the end of April, so it will be fun to check out the Flower and Garden festival again, it's been four years since I've seen that. Oh, also, this will be a solo trip. Since my mom is teaching in person, they won't let her take a trip since she would have to quarantine when she gets back, whomp whomp. Oh well, I'll have fun regardless!

I'll probably post some planning stuff as I get more into it, just booked so still busy doing the happy dance. :banana:

Although I guess I should start looking into that soon since I can make ADRs in three days! Eeek! This is coming up fast!

AH! SO jel! I want to go back! Cant wait to hear about it! I hope you have the best time ever!

Hello everybody! Popping in with an update on my upcoming trip.

So today was my ADR day. I really didn’t know what I wanted to do for ADRs this trip, I was hemming and hawing about if I even wanted to get ADRs for what seemed like forever (in reality…2 days). I’m not sure if I’m fully comfortable with eating indoors just yet, but I’m not 100% against it. There have been a lot of internal discussions with myself on what exactly I want to do. I finally decided after the longest two days ever that I would definitely try for one at Oga’s, and that was it. Well maybe. I’m still debating on Tiffins. I’ve ate at Tiffins every time I’ve been down there since it opened so it seems wrong not to eat there, but I’m kind of leaning towards just eating at the Nomad lounge instead because it’s basically Tiffins, I can eat outside, and I can see the cavalcades (are they still called cavalcades if they’re on water? :confused3)

Anyways. This morning I was up at the ridiculous time of 5:45AM. Ok, I know, that’s actually a very reasonable time for a work day, in fact more than an hour later than I used to get up pre-covid, however the last year of sleeping in until 7 has spoiled me rotten and getting up before the sun does is now miserable. Yes, I have reverted to my high school self. :rotfl:

So I got up, signed onto my computer and started the countdown to 6am. Right at 6 I went to reserve for Oga’s and they actually had the time I wanted available! I immediately clicked on it, but nothing happened. Uh oh. I clicked on it again, and this time the window closed. Ugh. I try again, and the time I want is gone, but there is availability 10 minutes later, which is basically the same time, so I click that. Again, nothing happens and the window closes. Seriously!??! I keep trying this over and over for four minutes, all the while my desired time is getting farther and farther away, until FINALLY it lets me book a time….only 2.5 hours later than I wanted. Ugh, stupid Disney IT. At least I have it booked I guess, still annoyed though!

Ok, so for my eating plans while I’m in the parks, I think I’m going to rely heavily on the F&G food booths, at least for dinner since it’s an easy park to hop to from the YC and I’m not there long so I should be able to handle a lack of sit-downs. I’m not a breakfast person, and not really a lunch person either. Weird I know, I think I used to eat lunch just because I was in the office and went to lunch with coworkers, but now that I’m at home I don’t even realize I’m hungry until around 3 in the afternoon and at that point I figured I might as well just wait until dinner. Apparently I am accidentally doing one of those fasting diets. :rotfl2:

Anyways, I figure if I do get hungry from all the running around I can easily do a mobile order or just grab a Mickey bar because who doesn’t love ice cream for lunch?

This will definitely be a weird trip not having ADRs or FP+ to run off to, but I’m excited to attempt to take it slower. I know I say that before every trip and it never happens, but I really think it’s possible this time! We’ll see how that goes! Ok, I’ll be back with more details if more details happen.

AH! SO jel! I want to go back! Cant wait to hear about it! I hope you have the best time ever!

Thank you! I *may* do some live streams so my mom can pretend she's there too, if I do I'll post here in case anyone wants to watch (or see me fail miserably with technology).

Sounds like Oga's is the hard to get reservations these days! And I get it, they probably have such a low capacity right now. At least you got something.

Random feel good story update! So I ordered my magic band about two weeks ago and it shipped immediately. Well, yesterday I realized that it’s been a while since it’s shipped and I haven’t received it, so I looked into it but the tracking didn't show any updates. I didn’t really think much of it, the post office still seems backed up with shipping, got a Christmas present my aunt sent back in November only like two weeks ago, so they still seem to be pretty behind.

Well, today I get a package from UPS, which I wasn’t expecting. I realize when I look closer that it looks like a magic band box, but it had clearly been opened and retaped. Confused I look at the return address and it’s not from Disney but from someone in Ohio. Weird. So I open it and the first thing I see a note. The note explains that this person randomly received my magic band, and they were worried that if they contacted Disney to let them know the mistake that I wouldn’t get a magic band in time for my trip, so decided to ship it to me directly! What an amazing person! I am so impressed with this persons thoughtfulness, totally made my day.

That is so awesome about your Magic Band! We just returned from a 3night/2day trip that we planned in 2 weeks. You will find things very different with no FP+ or many ADR's, but it's still good :)

That is so awesome about your Magic Band! We just returned from a 3night/2day trip that we planned in 2 weeks. You will find things very different with no FP+ or many ADR's, but it's still good :)

It was so awesome, what an amazing gesture! Definitely need to send a thank you note.

Glad it's still good with no FP+ or many ADRs. I totally expect different, just not really sure what to expect! Did you find it was less running around with fewer things to get to?

Oh my goodness, what a morning. I have been trying to book my flight for April for over 2 hours now, seriously, booking airfare should never be this complicated. I feel like American is purposely trying to give me a nervous breakdown.

So I have some flight credits from cancelled trips last year that I'm trying to use, but every time I got to checkout I could only use a credit card, not my credits. I had been doing it as a guest, so I figured maybe I need to sign into my account to actually use the credits, so I do that, but now my credits are gone. The site says they should be in my wallet, but nope, no credits. Fantastic.

Next I decide to try different flights and different types of seats, and after may attempts I FINALLY figured out a way to be able to use my credits....and that is to book first class seats. Seriously, the website will only let me use my flight credits if I spend an extra $250 on top of my credits. I can book the whole roundtrip flight in coach for $97, so with my credits that should be free, but maybe the flight needs to be more than the value of the credits? Yeah, I'll be calling later when I get to a point I don't want to yell at them.

Also, I seem to have blocked off all the seats I would have wanted with all my attempts since you have to select seats prior to getting to the payment page. When I look now none of the first class seats are available when before I started this morning none were booked, and all the window seats in coach are also unavailable when earlier there were a ton. Or maybe lot of other people are booking flights today....who knows!

I think it's time for a gin and tonic. :rotfl2:

Random feel good story update! So I ordered my magic band about two weeks ago and it shipped immediately. Well, yesterday I realized that it’s been a while since it’s shipped and I haven’t received it, so I looked into it but the tracking didn't show any updates. I didn’t really think much of it, the post office still seems backed up with shipping, got a Christmas present my aunt sent back in November only like two weeks ago, so they still seem to be pretty behind.

Well, today I get a package from UPS, which I wasn’t expecting. I realize when I look closer that it looks like a magic band box, but it had clearly been opened and retaped. Confused I look at the return address and it’s not from Disney but from someone in Ohio. Weird. So I open it and the first thing I see a note. The note explains that this person randomly received my magic band, and they were worried that if they contacted Disney to let them know the mistake that I wouldn’t get a magic band in time for my trip, so decided to ship it to me directly! What an amazing person! I am so impressed with this persons thoughtfulness, totally made my day.

How cool is that! Yeah for Disney Magic!

Oh my goodness, what a morning. I have been trying to book my flight for April for over 2 hours now, seriously, booking airfare should never be this complicated. I feel like American is purposely trying to give me a nervous breakdown.

So I have some flight credits from cancelled trips last year that I'm trying to use, but every time I got to checkout I could only use a credit card, not my credits. I had been doing it as a guest, so I figured maybe I need to sign into my account to actually use the credits, so I do that, but now my credits are gone. The site says they should be in my wallet, but nope, no credits. Fantastic.

Next I decide to try different flights and different types of seats, and after may attempts I FINALLY figured out a way to be able to use my credits....and that is to book first class seats. Seriously, the website will only let me use my flight credits if I spend an extra $250 on top of my credits. I can book the whole roundtrip flight in coach for $97, so with my credits that should be free, but maybe the flight needs to be more than the value of the credits? Yeah, I'll be calling later when I get to a point I don't want to yell at them.

Also, I seem to have blocked off all the seats I would have wanted with all my attempts since you have to select seats prior to getting to the payment page. When I look now none of the first class seats are available when before I started this morning none were booked, and all the window seats in coach are also unavailable when earlier there were a ton. Or maybe lot of other people are booking flights today....who knows!

I think it's time for a gin and tonic. :rotfl2:
oh boy! Bring on the drinks!!

Glad it's still good with no FP+ or many ADRs. I totally expect different, just not really sure what to expect! Did you find it was less running around with fewer things to get to?
We only had 1 day at Epcot and 1 day at MK, so we knew we wouldn't get to do everything. We were okay with that because we are going back next January ;) We did have a few "must do's". We were able to do everything we wanted with short park hours. We even finished early at Epcot. Many of the waits were a bit shorter than the posted time. I made us a lunch ADR each day because I really wanted to try Via Napoli and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice for CS at MK right now. It was a nice break each midday.

I think it's time for a gin and tonic.
Or 2...or 3...

OMG! I got teary eyed just reading that! I know it's silly but these days, I feel like any small thing is needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!