Awaiting podcast roundtable review of Coral Reef

CrazedDisFan

<font color=darkorchid>Let's just say there were f
I listened to the podcast roundtable from this week last night. I can't wait for the review and pics of the Coral Reef. It sounded like quite an adventure in dining, and I don't mean that in a good way.

So when can we expect this review to appear in the forums?

Waiting somewhat patiently for the crabcake photo... :scared:

You can see the crabcake photo on the page where you click to listen to the podcasts. It's a little thing on a big white plate!

Mackey Mouse, I did listen to the podcast. I was simply waiting for the written review with photos. Thanks. :)

CherylA, Thanks! I found the now posted pic of the crabcake. Oh my gosh, the chef should be ashamed to serve that slop. :rolleyes: I think that alone just should be proof to be aware, very aware of what your 'diving' into at Coral Reef.

Mackey Mouse said:
I thought Kevin did a review of this, I listened the other day.. Check again.. Look here and click listen now..http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/#
I tried to listen to it, but it is not loud enough to hear. All the other podcasts are fine,volume wise, but this one. And, yes, I did adjust the volume on the screen and my speakers!
Anyone want to tell me what it said about the Coral Reef? The picture of the crab cake was embarrassing.

It was a very bad review of Coral Reef, Im dissapointed we had just started to hear good things about CR. I hope my experience in two weeks will be better..

Boy was that a bad review! Anyone had a similar or better dining experience at this location?

bluejasmine said:
It was a very bad review of Coral Reef, Im dissapointed we had just started to hear good things about CR. I hope my experience in two weeks will be better..
I hope so too as we have ADRs there for a month from now and I don't want to waste time and money on a lousy experience. I hope that it is as with so many things - those who have a bad experience report and those who had a good one just think that was a good meal and don't do a report. Almost every jplace we have ADRs for seems to have had a bunch of bad reports lately so I am getting nervous.

I just read the review from Kevin and can't believe it!! I thought the picture of the sad little crabcake was bad, but the review was worse!! I usually take reviews with a grain of salt, but it seems that Coral Reef has been consistanly bad lately.

Has anyone else been there recently, meaning August??

I found the written review, but I can't seem to find the picture of the sad crabcake. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Where can I find the picture of the crabcake? I found the article, but there was no picture with it?

The picture on the podcast site is no longer there. But, in description, it looked like a burnt gardenburger, you know those anemic veggie hamburger wannabes, very flat, about 3 1/2 inches across,thin, and burnt, very, very dark brown crust, in the middle of a huge white plate...........just sitting there all alone without any side dishes or garnishes. so sad.............. :sad2:

I wouldn't ask to order off the dinner menu at lunch time, you're asking for trouble except in the best of restaurants. Obviously the waiter wanted to "up" his tip so told Kevin that it was okay to order from the dinner menu. Then the grumpy chef probably argued with the waiter, telling him that he didn't have time to make crab cakes etc, and the waiter lied and told the chef it was a diet issue. Basically what I took from the interview was that the waiter messed up big time and Kevin paid the price.

It was a very funny review however. LOL at the hostess saying "did you get that HERE?" about the crab cake!

I had the Coral Reef Mahi Mahi at lunch time and it was delicious and a perfect lunch size portion.

Okay... we are going there for dh's birthday, so I have some questions.

When did the reviewer eat in the restaurant? Is he accustomed to fancy restaurants? Would a person (like me) who considers Outback Steakhouse a splurge enjoy Coral Reef?

Do you get enough view of the tanks in The Living Seas?

Where could I take DH instead for seafood that is good? Gulliver's at the Swan on a Friday for the buffet with shrimp and crab claws? Captain Jacks for - ??

HELP! lol

TBGOES2DISNEY said:
Okay... we are going there for dh's birthday, so I have some questions.

When did the reviewer eat in the restaurant? Is he accustomed to fancy restaurants? Would a person (like me) who considers Outback Steakhouse a splurge enjoy Coral Reef?

Do you get enough view of the tanks in The Living Seas?

Where could I take DH instead for seafood that is good? Gulliver's at the Swan on a Friday for the buffet with shrimp and crab claws? Captain Jacks for - ??

HELP! lol
Go , I think you will like it. We (Party of 6) were just there 8/15 for dinner (free DDP) and loved it. Food and service were great. I'm not a food snob-didn't have expectations of grandur or anything. :goodvibes It was a "nicer than Outbacks" but "come as you are" type of place.

My daughter and I ate with great anticipation at the Coral Reef in July. It was not good. What a let down. Last Christmas, we ate there, and it was fabulous! I was looking forward to the same quality of food. Not even close. I am afraid that the dining package has caused many restaurants to raise their prices, and the quality has gone down. I ordered a steak that was loaded with fat. The steak was priced at about $32 on the menu. I would never have ordered it if I hadn't been on the dining plan. There is no way that steak was worth that amount of money. We also had the $10 shrimp appetizer. Yuck is all I can say. It was micro mini shrimp swimming in a very thin and tasteless sauce. More like watery ketchup. I was so disappointed. We were looking forward to eating at CR. I also planned to do our next Christmas dinner there as well, but now I am unsure if I want to take a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter