B resort or All stars?

Louie7080

Registered
I saw today that Mousesavers has deal for B resort that would cost about the same as an All Star. I have stayed at ASMu before and didn't have any problems but staying at the B resort looks a like it would feel a bit more lux (haven't stayed there before). I will have a car (I factored that in to the cost) and am not interested in eating at the hotels or using the pools so am mostly just concerned about the rooms, cleanliness and over-all feel of the resort. I don't think I need the Disney touches at a resort and wasn't wowed by the ones at ASMu anyway. Any thoughts? Right now I have both ASMu and B resort booked and can cancel one or both. I looked at the other deals that Mousesavers had and the hotels that seemed to be as good or probably better than the B resort that also had the same Disney perks also cost a lot more. TIA!

In case anyone else is interested in the B - I did a google search (forgot before that that is a better way to search for disboard topics than using the search function here) of what people on the disboards thought of it and the consesus seems to be that it is a very good resort for the money and probably a much better hotel than any one of the All Stars at a similar price and with similar perks. Looks like I am switching over and excited to be staying at the B resort for such a fantastic price. Thanks Mousesavers if you are reading this!

I like the B. We're staying there again in June. I haven't stayed in an All Star resort in many years but I wasn't crazy about the values.

I would consider it along the same lines as a Doubletree, Embassy or other major hotel chain.

While we have never stayed at All Stars, we have stayed at Pop Century. We definitely preferred the B resort over Pop, and it most definitely had a more upgraded feel. The room was larger - the bathroom was much larger- and we LOVED being able to walk to Disney Springs! Overall it was a more enjoyable experience and an upgrade over Pop.

In all fairness though, we have learned that as a family we prefer staying offsite to onsite. But looking at what qualities are important to you, I think you would enjoy the B resort more than the All Stars.

B Resort fan here. We have stayed in tower a few times, in a pool side room with private patio and an outside first floor room that opened to parking lot. I probably wouldn't choose a parking lot view room again, but it was a trip with minimal hotel time (only sleeping) and it made it easy to pack the car at the end.

The beds have always been comfortable, I like the boutique feel to the decor, the pool area has been renovated to be modern and inviting with nice lounges and rolled up towels on them. There is a bar, a giant game board, lots of lounging sofas and close by the pool is the food mart which is one of the nicest I have seen. There is a kids game room, Disney store and restaurant/bar inside.

If you plan pool time for sure check out the lanai rooms with a private patio right at the pool. Our tower rooms have been nice and always included a small sofa that folds out to a smaller bed, great for one.

B Resort fan here. We have stayed in tower a few times, in a pool side room with private patio and an outside first floor room that opened to parking lot. I probably wouldn't choose a parking lot view room again, but it was a trip with minimal hotel time (only sleeping) and it made it easy to pack the car at the end.

The beds have always been comfortable, I like the boutique feel to the decor, the pool area has been renovated to be modern and inviting with nice lounges and rolled up towels on them. There is a bar, a giant game board, lots of lounging sofas and close by the pool is the food mart which is one of the nicest I have seen. There is a kids game room, Disney store and restaurant/bar inside.

If you plan pool time for sure check out the lanai rooms with a private patio right at the pool. Our tower rooms have been nice and always included a small sofa that folds out to a smaller bed, great for one.
I did see your previous posts on how much you liked this resort - one of the reasons why I am going to stay here in June and probably again in November over the All Stars. I will check in to the various options/views. Thanks for chiming in wise Hopperfan!

We stayed here last February in a Family Suite. We thought it was just ok, but still 3x's better than an All Star!

We stayed here last February in a Family Suite. We thought it was just ok, but still 3x's better than an All Star!
Thanks for your impressions of the B, I won't set my expectations too high so as not to be disappointed, though it will probably be one of the best hotels I'll ever had stayed at. The nicest hotels I've stayed at are the Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay at Universal.

Can someone comment on the noise level inside the rooms at the B? The decor looks nice, but I can't deal with paper-thin walls at a hotel (a la the All Stars). Thanks!

also remember there 30 + 22 = 55 resort and parking per night

Not sure what Mousesavers Promo OP has, but they often will offer Waived Resort Fees with their deals, sometimes even both Resort & Parking Fee. I have gotten both those offers. It is something to watch for with the Disney Springs hotels, any specials that could waive those fees can make a big difference.

Thanks for your impressions of the B, I won't set my expectations too high so as not to be disappointed, though it will probably be one of the best hotels I'll ever had stayed at. The nicest hotels I've stayed at are the Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay at Universal.

Definitely not as great as RPR and Cabana, IMO. We love those hotels!

But its adequate, and worth the upgrade from the All Stars.

Not sure what Mousesavers Promo OP has, but they often will offer Waived Resort Fees with their deals, sometimes even both Resort & Parking Fee. I have gotten both those offers. It is something to watch for with the Disney Springs hotels, any specials that could waive those fees can make a big difference.
correct for the deal I got - the resort fee was waved and there is a shuttle so you wouldn't have to pay parking though I will probably have a rental, still the price doesn't seem to be too much more than an All Star.

In case you are unaware, Disney offers one-way bus service from each theme park to Disney Springs staring at 4pm. Service ends at 11pm or 2 hours after normal closing, whichever is sooner.

If you don't plan to spend every waking moment at a theme park, ending your day with a stop at Disney Springs can be quite pleasant. You can a beverage (adult or virgin) or a snack before walking back to the B Resort.

Keep in mind the fact that each route of the Disney Springs Hotels bus system stops at two theme parks. Usually, it's the Transportation and Ticket Center (for Magic Kingdom) followed by Disney's Animal Kingdom. The other route is Epcot followed by Disney's Hollywood Studios. Taking the Disney bus to Disney Springs and walking might actually be shorter than taking the monorail/ferry from Magic Kingdom to the get the bus, which usually when makes a detour to Disney's Animal Kingdom before returning to the Disney Springs Hotels.

Having stayed at Pop, All star sports and B Resort in past 6 months-B Resort is much nicer (although I did love reno rooms at Pop). We were in a lanai room with bunk beds (kids LOVED having their own bed) with balcony overlooking pool. I booked BResort through orbitz (platinum member-got the parking fee waived).
But yea-Mousesavers is usually the way to go in booking Disney Spring hotels as can usually get a fee waived, although until recently Doubletree was waiving parking fee through disneyspringhotels promo...
Walk to Disney Springs was easy.

We are considering the B resort for our next trip to WDW
We would maybe Lyft/Uber to a Park - stay at the park all day and bus back to DTD or the B-resort

We are considering the B resort for our next trip to WDW
We would maybe Lyft/Uber to a Park - stay at the park all day and bus back to DTD or the B-resort

We just got back from 4 nights at the B. We used Lyft, and we had between a one to three minute wait for pick up from the hotel, it was great. On our MK night, the lines for all of the ways back to the TTC were crazy after park close. We hopped on the boat to Wilderness Lodge with about 6 other people, and got a Lyft back to the B from there. That was our longest wait, of 9 minutes, it was so much better than dealing with the crowds. We got such a great deal for the B through Mousesavers, that after adding the Lyft cost in, it was still a great deal to us.

I see on Mousesavers website that there is 15% discount but I don’t see anything about waiving resort fee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!