BA cancellation

My flight in January for marathon weekend got cancelled yesterday. Although that's probably more to do with the fact that it was going out of Gatwick.

My flight in January for marathon weekend got cancelled yesterday. Although that's probably more to do with the fact that it was going out of Gatwick.
I am sorry to hear this. Did they offer you an alternative flight? BA seem to be cutting the service right back but not cancelling outright. The pattern appears to be that Monday, Wednesday and Saturday flights are still scheduled.... so far at least.

I am sorry to hear this. Did they offer you an alternative flight? BA seem to be cutting the service right back but not cancelling outright. The pattern appears to be that Monday, Wednesday and Saturday flights are still scheduled.... so far at least.
They allowed me change the flight for no charge, or a refund. There's a flight the day before that was the same price, which is coming out of Heathrow, so I nabbed that one. Interestingly, the flight back wasn't cancelled and that's going back into Gatwick (for now) 5 days later. I think you're spot on about the flying days. There was an option the day before going out of Gatwick (weds), so it does seem they are streamlining the service. Who knows right now, so I thought I'd play it safe going out of Heathrow. I had about 10 unused DVC points that were going to expire, so I just ticked on an extra night in Saratoga Springs and that took up all of my 2020 allocation that I couldn't bank, so if it all comes off (still a BIG if), I would have come out of 2020 pretty clean in terms of Disney stuff. We had a full trip in Cali booked for Easter that I booked with borrowed points, and the only thing I had to swallow was some tickets for a Dodgers game, so I consider myself pretty lucky in all of this. I know it hasn't been everyone's experience with BA, but they have been excellent with me. The Cali trip I had booked with them as well, 2 days after Pence and Trump announced the travel ban, I had an email saying "Don't call, we'll sort it out" and 48 hrs later the money was back in my account.

Last edited:
this whole situation is just so crazy.
Who would have ever thought this all could happen!!
i'm planning our trip for next july/august. I sure hope everything is back to normal by then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter