Baby food in checked luggage

Lozzag2009

Earning My Ears
Hello! We’re off in 5 weeks 😍 with our 4 year old and 10 month old. I’m really unclear about how much baby food pouches / baby snacks / puréed fruit pots and individual bottles of ready made formula I can take in checked baggage? I know I can take a reasonable amount for the travel time in hand luggage but I can’t seem to get the the bottom of what’s permissible with checked luggage? Ideally I want to take everything my ten month old will need for the 10 days we’re there but don’t want it to be confiscated on arrival! Should this be declared and is it ok if it contains meat / dairy / fruit and veg etc? Thanks so much!

Hello! We’re off in 5 weeks 😍 with our 4 year old and 10 month old. I’m really unclear about how much baby food pouches / baby snacks / puréed fruit pots and individual bottles of ready made formula I can take in checked baggage? I know I can take a reasonable amount for the travel time in hand luggage but I can’t seem to get the the bottom of what’s permissible with checked luggage? Ideally I want to take everything my ten month old will need for the 10 days we’re there but don’t want it to be confiscated on arrival! Should this be declared and is it ok if it contains meat / dairy / fruit and veg etc? Thanks so much!
why would they confiscate it?
if it's permissible to bring it in, then you can bring as much as you need..
you need to declare all food that you bring, regardless of how much.
Even if you only had one package of biscuits, you'd have to declare it...
when i say declare i mean, answer "yes" to the question about whether you have food with you...

what you need to determine is whether it's permissible at all.
I assume that baby food in jars is permissible, especially if it's an american brand like gerbers.
Formula certainly is permissible.

again, you need to check if everything you want to bring in is permissible.
Once you know it's permissible, you can bring in as much as you need for the entire time you'll be there.
and again, you must answer yes to the question of whether you have food regardless of how much food you have with you.
Even a chocolate needs to be declared.

We're going in May with a 3.5 month old and are wondering the same thing.
From our understanding as long as you declare it it should be fine.

We are also still debating how much we want to take between powder formula and pre-made bottles, for 2 weeks we are thinking:
3/4 tubs (800g) each of Formula and 12 packs of 4 pre-made bottles.
That gives us enough for 3 pre-made bottles a day, and then powder to do us first thing in the morning and at nights.
But still not decided exactly what to do, we'll decide closer to the time 😂

Thankfully we are flying Virgin Premium so get 5x 23kg cases between Baby, My Husband and myself, so weight isn't an issue 😂

Will hopefully remember to let ou know how we got one when we get back! 😁

You don't need to do this but I always list specific items on the declaration just for extreme transparency. Never had any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!