Baby On Board: A First Trip with Baby PTR! Updated 7/9

Hello, all...long time no PTR!

I'm still organizing all the final details for our September trip, but today we got great news. We were able to snag a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest!

giphy (8).gif

Our party wasn't finalized at the 180 day mark, and just a few days later it was a big fail on getting a BOG ADR. With a party of 8, it was no small feat finding one this late out, and we're all pretty jazzed about it. I know BOG isn't the best food on property, but I just love the ambiance. And my little sister has never eaten there, so I just know she will enjoy it. I think our whole family is going to really like the experience.

In other news, DH and I have decided to buy annual passes for this trip. It's something we've done in the past, but not for a while, particularly not DH, who doesn't always accompany me on my trips down. He's more of a once a year Disney traveler, while I'm a long-weekend-is-as-good-an-excuse-as-any Disney traveler ;)

Anyway, we figure we can get at least two trips out of the passes, if we schedule a visit Sept 2018 right before they expire. And there are a few opportunities throughout this coming year where we might visit again (work conferences, family traveling there, etc). Nothing's written in stone yet, but I think it will pay off.

So now I'm thinking of other things associated with APs, like Tables in Wonderland and the year-long Memory Maker add on. Anyone have any experience or opinions?

Our FP reservation window is fast approaching in just a few weeks, so I don't have too much time left to hem and haw! Happy planning, everyone!

I've never posted before...just a long-time lurker but I felt compelled to reply to your post since our Disney experiences are going to be so similar! We are planning our baby girl's first WDW trip for November. We also have a few other family members traveling with us (not 8 omg! just 2 extra) which I'm hopeful will be helpful because DH and I like the thrill rides!

We have ADRs at Chef Mickey's for character brunch, Hollywood & Vine for character breakfast, and Be Our Guest for lunch. Fingers crossed she likes the characters! Like your little girl, she's into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so hopefully that helps! I am scared I am committing to too many ADRs but she's typically very good in restaurants and does well in the mornings/early afternoons.

I'm jealous of y'all being along the monorail. We are staying at the Pop but hoping to get a renovated room!

I'm following your story to see what you decide to do for FP+ and ultimately what works out best with the baby. Trying to decide if we'll need to head back to the room every afternoon for a nap or if she'll nap in the stroller.

Good luck and keep me posted! I feel like we are kindred spirits haha! :-)

I've never posted before...just a long-time lurker but I felt compelled to reply to your post since our Disney experiences are going to be so similar! We are planning our baby girl's first WDW trip for November. We also have a few other family members traveling with us (not 8 omg! just 2 extra) which I'm hopeful will be helpful because DH and I like the thrill rides!

We have ADRs at Chef Mickey's for character brunch, Hollywood & Vine for character breakfast, and Be Our Guest for lunch. Fingers crossed she likes the characters! Like your little girl, she's into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so hopefully that helps! I am scared I am committing to too many ADRs but she's typically very good in restaurants and does well in the mornings/early afternoons.

I'm jealous of y'all being along the monorail. We are staying at the Pop but hoping to get a renovated room!

I'm following your story to see what you decide to do for FP+ and ultimately what works out best with the baby. Trying to decide if we'll need to head back to the room every afternoon for a nap or if she'll nap in the stroller.

Good luck and keep me posted! I feel like we are kindred spirits haha! :-)

Hey there, so happy to hear from a fellow baby mama!

Yes, it is a whole new ballgame, isn't it? I plan to do a full trip report when we return, so I'll make sure to include how stuff went with baby.

I have loved my stays at Pop! We definitely plan to do some downtime at the hotel. I think the best bet right now is to just expect to go slow and move at her pace. I too am nervous about too many ADRs. I'm mostly planning dinners, but I want to do a big group breakfast at Chef Mickeys, and then maybe an Ohana breakfast on leaving day. So hard to know what is too much when you've never had a baby before!

I hope you are having so much fun planning! In this PTR I'm going to jot down tons more ideas I have rolling around in my head re packing, strollers, feeding for baby. Stay tuned!

Hello all! I'm back with the exciting news that I finally did it...today I purchased our annual passes!

giphy (10).gif

And it wasn't a moment too soon. Tomorrow is officially FP+ day! Though I'm not looking forward to waking up for it, I suppose I should be used to it as I get up at all sorts of wonky hours with my baby. I thought I would share my game plan, as it will be helpful to have it all written out for tomorrow morning.

Day 1:

This is arrival day, and we won't be going into a park, so no Fastpasses.

Day 2:

MK day. Hope to get Peter Pan, Mine Train and Space Mountain.

Day 3:

AK day. Hoping for FoP for half our group, River Journey for the other half. Also Everest and Dinosaur. I plan to skip the safari, as we've been on it tons and I don't want to stick baby on a 20 minute ride with no escape. She does love animals, though. Am I making a huge mistake here???

Day 4:

Another MK day. Hoping for Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, and Space (it's DH's favorite, I plan to get him on as many times as possible).

Day 5:

Epcot day. Looking for Frozen, Figment and Nemo. Has anyone taken a baby on Frozen before? I'm wondering if that drop is too scary.

Day 6:

Departure day. Since we're on the monorail, it's possible we might hop into MK for an hour or so, so I may pick up FP for Mine Train, Buzz and Space. We'll see how it goes.

The only thing I'm still wishy washy on is whether I want to try and get a FP for talking Mickey. Not sure how big a priority that is for me. Any thoughts?

Wish me luck tomorrow...it kind of feels like I'm going into battle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter