• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Baby Strollers

LUCKYCAJUNLA

Earning My Ears
WE HAVE TWO YOUNG BOYS AGES 2 AND 3 AND WE HAVE A 2 SEATED STROLLERS HOW HARD IS IT TO HANDLE ON THE BUSES TO AND FROM THE PARKS. ARE IS IT BETTER TO RENT ONE.:jester:

Hi and welcome to the Disboards. Though I don't have a double stroller we had two seperate umbrella strollers last Oct and I found it no trouble getting off and on with two kids. As a matter of fact I found the time we ran into a problem getting on (hubby tried to fold the stroller so you can just imagine) folks were really nice. All parents understand if you need another minute to get on. I found the stroller invaluable at the airport and cruising around our resort, especially at night. Have a great time. Oh before I forget at the airport take the stroller all the way to the gate you'll be able to check it in right there and (at least with Delta) they brought all the strollers as we were deplaning.

THANKS ALOT FOR THE ADVICE WE ARE ARRIVING AT THE DISNEY JUNE 18 AND STAYING AT THE CBR FOR SIX NIGHTS. FRIST TIME I AM SHOULD IT WILL BE LOTS OF FUN.:jester:

I took a double stroller with me in 2000 and I was glad to have it. If you rent, then you won't have one to use at the airport or in the resorts. Also, I frankly don't like the idea of my kids sitting in a stroller that thousands of other kids have been in and who knows when they were last cleaned. Finally, the cost of renting a double or two individual strollers over several days really adds up to the cost of a brand new stroller in the end.

That's my .02 anyway. I will have 3 under the age of 8 when we go in November and I'm trying to decide if I want to bring just the double, or a double and a single. If one has to walk and the other 2 get to ride, it will probably not be very pretty...

Have a great trip!

From the picture I've seen of the rental strollers there is no space underneath to stow a diaper bag or extra items. There appears to be only a small net pouch on the back of the stroller. I may be wrong on this - but that is how the picture shows it.

Plus, at 7 dollars a day for a single (14 for double) you are talking a small sum of money if you rent for a week. I can buy a double stroller at a local second hand store for $75 which is less than the $84 I'll pay for renting a double for 6 days.

Coming strictly from a bus driver perspective...

I've noticed those folks with the smaller single & double umbrella strollers usually have the easiest time with the buses. Those with the huge complex strollers with tons of baggage and stuff usually are the ones who have trouble boarding the bus.

If your particular stroller folds small and easily, then you should be set. Just be prepared and organized, you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter