Baby Yoda

We went the week that Frozen came out and Disney had very little merchandise. By the end of the week, everything was gone. I think this is the same situation. They just didn't think it would be such a big hit.
My thoughts, too. Was in WDW when Frozen was released and they had a few Sven plush reindeer in the hotel gift shops. The CMs were laughing at them and remarking who would buy that. They were sold out by the end of the week. For what should be such a savvy marketing company, Disney just can't pick them. Never could.

I was at WDW last week for my Christmas vacation. I wore a Baby Yoda tee-shirt, which I bought online at the Disney website. I expected to see lots of merch for sale throughout WDW. Instead, there was nothing. I was stopped 100 times by cast members and regular patrons alike, asking about the shirt, where I got it and of course all gave high-fives to the Baby. All pretty cool. Merry Christmas to all [and to Baby Yoda--can't wait until episode 8].

We just came back and saw quite a few guests wearing Baby Yoda shirts, including one with a Santa hat. At DHS and Disney Springs, we saw the Baby on Board and My Child Can Levitate bumper stickers/decals, the D-Tech Baby Yoda phone cases, and Baby Yoda socks. No plush dolls yet, but yes, we mistook the other Yoda doll as the Child.

My thoughts, too. Was in WDW when Frozen was released and they had a few Sven plush reindeer in the hotel gift shops. The CMs were laughing at them and remarking who would buy that. They were sold out by the end of the week. For what should be such a savvy marketing company, Disney just can't pick them. Never could.
Word! Disney has NEVER been good at figuring out what will sell well or not. They miss billions in lost income by being so danged bad at it. Frozen is the biggest fail of all. They lost billions on WAY underestimating that one. But they've been doing it since forever. They need new marketing managers.

Not surprised at the lack of Baby Yoda merchandise. But you'd think they' at least hand out Early Bird Certificates...

Btw if you are here there's baby Yoda merch at world of Disney. The spirit jersey , a gray long sleeve shirt, a green shirt sleeve, the socks and phone cases.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!