Back from our stay at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas

Sandra22

Mouseketeer
This is our second visit to the Cypress Pointe Resort, but this time we stayed at the Grande Villas.
Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
It is a relaxing layed back resort which we found such a pleasure after our busy days at the parks.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit which was awesome.
You can't beat the price from hotelkingdom; $99 a night. We had some friends that stayed here for the first time and they couldn't believe what they were paying for what they got.

I wouldn't know where to begin to start a review about our stay, but if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

:thumbsup2 An overall great experience at this resort!

Sandra

We stayed at CP last year and loved it! We also went thru Hotel kingdom and got a great deal! Did you go over to the volcano pool? Our condo was right next to it and we used it every day. My question is this.... is there a major difference between the CP side and the CPGV side? We are thinking of staying here again,and would like to try the GV side, but I am not sure if I should just stick to what I know!! Thanks!! And I am glad to hear you had a fun trip!!!;)

Oh that's so great to hear! We are going in June and got rate of $71/night! So happy to hear we made the right choice with CPR!! I was curious too if you preferred CPR or CPGV side?

- Having stayed at both phase I & II, personally I would pick phase II. One reason for that is I preferred the pool area. They have two large pools with a mini-golf, play equipment and a store in between. The grounds are larger than at the volcano pool and I really enjoyed the landscaping of all the shrubs & trees. We also went between the two pools which was a nice option if one pool or hot tub was busy.

-As far as the rooms go, I liked both but also lean towards the phase II just because I liked the kitchen set up better. In the phase II kitchen you can walk through it and around the island, but in the phase I you could only come in the one way as the island came up to the wall. In our phase I room we had silk plants and flowers which added a nice touch to the room, but didn't have any in our phase II room.

-If you have young kids they would probably enjoy the volcano pool. We didn't go into that pool this time. I was pleasantly surprised at the temperature of both pools at the phase II. I really don't like being cold, and normally hesitate about how badly I want to go swimming, but it was great. They kept the pool at a nice warm temperature & it was wonderful even on a cool evening.
Other than the small turtle pool for toddlers, we never saw anyone in it, and when we checked the water temperature we could see why. It was freezing!

- We liked the phase I and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but as I mentioned for me there were just a few things that I enjoyed a little more at phase II.

If there's anything else, let me know. :)

I hope you all have a great vacation! :wave2:

Sandra

This is our second visit to the Cypress Pointe Resort, but this time we stayed at the Grande Villas.
Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
It is a relaxing layed back resort which we found such a pleasure after our busy days at the parks.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit which was awesome.
You can't beat the price from hotelkingdom; $99 a night. We had some friends that stayed here for the first time and they couldn't believe what they were paying for what they got.

I wouldn't know where to begin to start a review about our stay, but if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

:thumbsup2 An overall great experience at this resort!

Sandra

How was check in? Was it time consuming or a breeze? We are staying there nov 24-29.

WHIT 1

Both times our check ins went very smoothly. Although both times our arrival at the resort was after midnight, so it was fairly quiet. We had no problems/concerns whatsoever during our stays.
If you have any other questions, let me know. :)

Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter