Back to Maison de Mickey Jan 2016 TR, finished 18-2

Day 4, part 2

After hanging out with Susie and Perla for a while I headed back towards Main Street. I love how the cloud above the castle kind of looks like a Mickey head:
SAM_2365-001_zpsfcbtskav.jpg

It’s not a trip report without a balloons picture:
SAM_2379-001_zps8tk0sumr.jpg

I went into Harrington’s to trade Vinylmation and admire the tiaras:

IMG_0392-001_zpsodgqbhpc.jpg

Momma met me on Main Street and we headed over to Walt Disney Studios because we had a lunch booked in Bistro Chez Remy:
SAM_2384-001_zpsx48ov7dp.jpg

We checked in and admired the waiting area while we waited to be seated:
IMG_0399-001_zpsz5ly3nqv.jpg

We didn’t wait long before we were shrunk down to the size of a rat to enter the restaurant:
IMG_0419-001_zps8gqaio5d.jpg

IMG_0403-001_zpsnobxvjyg.jpg

IMG_0426-001_zpsshzj88kh.jpg

We had a salad for starter:
IMG_0423-001_zpsvdv3cxp1.jpg

We both had the steak with chips and ratatouille complete with whiskers for our main course:
IMG_0429-001_zpsd43y6lcu.jpg

IMG_0430-001_zpsxr4rzfu1.jpg

Then for dessert Momma had apple tart:
IMG_0434-001_zpsb5bacxx5.jpg

And I had Chocolate cake:
IMG_0437-002_zpsamtrixmn.jpg

The food and theming here were both fabulous but service was extremely slow. It took two hours to get all three courses out. We were able to use our meal vouchers towards the cost of the meal as well which was great. Once we paid we headed to the exit taking pictures along the way:
IMG_0442-001_zpstiubd78m.jpg

We headed back through Toy story playland:
SAM_2404-001_zpsp9mnedwb.jpg

Then said goodbye to Walt and Mickey before heading back to Disneyland Park:
SAM_2409-001_zpsgnrprxz9.jpg

In Disneyland Park we headed to the Videopolis to watch the Jedi Training taking place:
02_01_2016%2007_10_0001-001_zpsbyg6b0hw.jpg

02_01_2016%2007_14_0001-001_zpse0jgzqm1.jpg

After that I went on Buzz Lightyear’s Laser Blast and said hi to some green aliens:
IMG_0456-001_zpsyx9zgxgw.jpg

After that we headed into Fantasyland and took another trip around the Small World before we almost got eaten by a whale on Les Voyages de Pinocchio:
IMG_0466-001_zpsdtvatbfr.jpg

After we escaped from the whale we headed out by the side of the castle:
IMG_0472-001_zpsc16xhnje.jpg

And into Adventureland where we took a stroll through Le Passage Enchante d’Aladdin:
IMG_0473-001_zpse3m8f1ro.jpg

IMG_0477-001_zpsc3zyt3ij.jpg

IMG_0483-001_zpsnoicpx8e.jpg

Day 4, part 3

Once we were finished exploring Aladdin’s cave we headed back out to the hub and found a bench to wait for Dreams. I took loads of photos of it this night:
IMG_0500-001_zpsvbc2rnje.jpg

IMG_0506-001_zpsjmjgcflt.jpg

IMG_0531-001_zpslcyyjekc.jpg

IMG_0560-001_zpsletnzp08.jpg

IMG_0552-001_zpsgisipklj.jpg

IMG_0585-001_zpsqwxrasbe.jpg

IMG_0617-001_zpss1hbnp3u.jpg

IMG_0624-001_zpsdiqyld5d.jpg

Lasers, fire, fireworks, castle projections and Disney music it’s just fabulous! After Dreams we headed back down Main Street, said goodbye to the pretty Christmas tree:
IMG_0630-001_zps4wc1tdpq.jpg

We stopped off in World of Disney for a while to avoid the crowds at the bus stops. Loved this snow Globe:
IMG_0634-001_zps6vyxrlsd.jpg

Baby Sven:
IMG_0635-001_zpslv4yc77s.jpg

They even had an Eiffel Tower in the window:
IMG_0636-001_zpsg9kesmcy.jpg

When we went back to the hotel Momma wanted tea before we went back to the hotel room so we went into the Red Garter Saloon for tea. I got expensive tortilla chips lol:

IMG_0642-001_zpsfjnbyiah.jpg

After that we headed back to the hotel room. The next day was our last day so we had to get our bags packed ready to head home.

We loved Chez Remy too - love the theme, shame your service was so slow though.

We loved Chez Remy too - love the theme, shame your service was so slow though.

It was fabulous besides the slow service. I don't think Momma minded to much though because she had been really sick the night before so she kind of enjoyed relaxing in Chez Remy's instead of running around the parks

Found your TR -:)

getting all caught up........popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Day 5, part 1:
Friday 15th January

Today was our final day in Disney so we had to finish packing before we headed to breakfast. I took a few pictures around the breakfast area this morning. The food was the same every morning, a selection of cereal, croissants, rolls, fruit, yoghurt, meat and cheese:
IMG_0651-001_zpsu6dsqgeo.jpg

IMG_0656-001_zps1jywz58z.jpg

IMG_0657-001_zpssjvwzhug.jpg

IMG_0661-001_zpsxpy9eocg.jpg

So much nutella!
IMG_0669-001_zpsyizw6vlf.jpg

When we were there extra magic hours were supposed to only be at Walt Disney Studios all week but this morning in the breakfast room they announced that extra magic hours were at both parks.
After breakfast we saw Pluto in the reception area again. This Pluto was just as good as the one that had been there two days before hand. He was getting people to pet him and then getting excited when they did:
SAM_2431-001_zpscwslynly.jpg

Once we got our pictures with Pluto we headed back to the room to get our cases, taking a few pictures along the way of course:
SAM_2463-001_zps93lve3da.jpg

Someone lost a balloon to the trees:
SAM_2441-001_zpspx1ulpfu.jpg

SAM_2443-001_zpshqyvwmpx.jpg

This was the view from our room:
SAM_2457-001_zpsghy2stzb.jpg

Cases in hand we headed back up to reception to check out :sad: but we weren’t leaving for a few hours so we put our cases in the luggage room and the headed for Walt Disney Studios for extra magic hours. I had my trip mascot with me today so did a few fun pics as I went along:
IMG_0680-001_zpsbjbkxkei.jpg

Morning Mike:
SAM_2467-001_zpsvyigb1jj.jpg

Goofy was out as well but there was a rugby scrum to meet him so I just snapped this quickly instead of trying to meet him:
SAM_2470-001_zpsf5qblvrk.jpg

Then we headed over to wait for Buzz Lightyear to come out. We were the second people in line for Buzz so yay for extra magic hours and bonus when he did come out Woody was with him:
SAM_2480-001_zpshou8i5tm.jpg

Buzz is looking off to the side in this. Quite a few people had lined up before Woody and Buzz came out to see them but of course there were those few who didn’t believe they needed to queue so while we were getting pictures with them, Buzz spotted a family trying to skip the entire queue and spent his time trying to alert the CM to send them to the back of the line. Fair play to him for not allowing them to skip the queue but it also meant he is not looking at the camera for most of our photos. After that we said goodbye to the Studios and headed for the Disneyland Park:
SAM_2483-001_zpspyr5n5ej.jpg

First thing I noticed was the Christmas tree was gone! The horse and carriage were out on Main Street as well and Momma wanted to go on it so we waited for the next one to arrive and got a lift up to the castle:
SAM_2484-001_zpsra3wn7zc.jpg

SAM_2488-001_zpsyawud7hu.jpg

IMG_0686-001_zpsscwwalx0.jpg

We spotted Tigger and Pooh bear off to the side so went to queue for them. Tigger was being funny. A girl in the queue had a Tigger hat and he stole it and put it on his own head. He was also doing lots of bouncing with people. I had sparkly boots on so when I went up he started shielding his eyes as if my boots were to bright for him:
DSCF1008-001_zpswnvoizny.jpg

Next Momma headed to get some tea while I headed to meet Donald Duck. He loved my autograph book because Daisy was on the front of it.
DSCF1015-001_zpsfrf7brtr.jpg

After that we headed up by the side of the castle towards Fantasyland stopping off in here along the way and I found a Frozen anti-stress colouring book:
DSCF1020-001_zpsttui1ebg.jpg

We headed to the Storybook boats next as Momma hadn’t done them yet:

DSCF1024-001_zpssj5yfwlj.jpg

DSCF1027-001_zpsc8iy4ewv.jpg

DSCF1032-001_zpsqknvszmz.jpg

Day 5, part 2:

After our journey on the Storybook boats we headed to Casey Jr.
DSCF1031-001_zpsbcez6gax.jpg

Next we took a trip around the Small World then Momma wanted to try Pirates of the Caribbean so we headed over there:
IMG_0697-001_zps8dvh0v9j.jpg

IMG_0705-001_zpsnsad4yav.jpg

After that we headed down Main Street doing a bit of window shopping along the way. They had a cute ginger bread display in one window:
IMG_0714-001_zpskjiw9l6z.jpg

We headed towards the Disney Village for lunch but we were a little bit early so headed to the Lego store to check out some of the Lego pictures while we waited:
DSCF1045-001_zpsmkzxszfr.jpg

DSCF1044-001_zpseaafvz4d.jpg

Lunch was in Café Mickey. It kind of became a little tradition the last few trips to have lunch in Café Mickey before we went home, we may find somewhere new for a character meal next time since I read Café Mickey will be closing down. :sad:
DSCF1042-001_zpszdzu2olr.jpg

Anyway once we were seated our server brought us bread:
IMG_0721-001_zpsrqqkhy6x.jpg

Then we both got a chicken Caesar salad for starter:
IMG_0722-001_zpsmesnbset.jpg

We got an Italien burger for our main course:
IMG_0727-001_zpsicsaeuao.jpg

Then for dessert Momma got the fruit salad:
IMG_0731-001_zps85ndm5f2.jpg

I didn’t like the sound of any of the desserts off the adult set menu so I asked if I could get the kids chocolate mousse instead and they brought me this:
IMG_0734-001_zpscdupq29o.jpg

We were able to use our meal vouchers here towards the cost of the meal as well which was great. The food was good but really the reason we were here was for the characters. There was loads of birthdays there that day so the characters kept stopping to sing happy birthday to people but we did see a few characters. First up the Main Mouse:
SAM_2496-001_zpsorvsxkuv.jpg

Then Dale:
SAM_2501-001_zpsnzxjlfhw.jpg

Closely followed by Chip:
SAM_2504-001_zpslpmwa4m6.jpg

Next up was Goofy. Momma wouldn’t get up to give him hugs so he sat in beside her:
IMG_0723-001_zps5khxdy5e.jpg

Finally Pluto came over to say hi:
SAM_2517-001_zpsfnzqtkp9.jpg

We were actually there that long that some of the characters came back a second time so we practiced character selfies as well. I won’t post any of those but they were some of my favourite pics from the trip. Once we were all fed and paid up we headed to World of Disney to pic up the last few bits we wanted. We still had a few hours before we had to leave for the airport so I headed back into the Disneyland Park. Momma was too tired to go any further so she went back to the hotel. First stop back in the park was to meet Minnie. There was quite a long wait for her but it was entertaining to watch some of the interactions. One guy had proposed to his girlfriend during their trip and had given her flowers but were leaving that day and couldn’t take the flowers with them on the plane so he gave them to Minnie:
SAM_2527-001_zps1zknwdgo.jpg

SAM_2528-001_zpsdpjerijy.jpg

After I said goodbye to Minnie I headed to a final few rides. First Buzz Lightyear and then back into Fantasyland. I spotted Sleeping Beauty and Snow White heading in for the evening. A few people were taking pictures as they walked by and the CM with them was not happy about this at all, I believe his exact words were “oh for god’s sake” but the Princesses didn’t seem to mind and were waving at people and saying Hi as they went by:
IMG_0750-001_zpshia1vzgh.jpg

Next I headed for a final trip around the Small World:
IMG_0753-001_zpsysxdz2qv.jpg

IMG_0773-001_zps1z78bnq3.jpg

Small World had been closed for refurb and had only reopened I think the week before we went. I noticed the doll with the geese had lost her poor geese during the refurb although when I passed her you could hear the geese making noise so they must have been hiding nearby somewhere:
IMG_0776-001_zpsfmyewcdu.jpg

IMG_0774-001_zps5ugz6p83.jpg

Day 5, part 3:

So after Small I headed over to say goodbye to Snow White:
IMG_0784-001_zpsdlruqklp.jpg

I was going to go on the carousel but it was almost time to start heading towards the exit so I just took a few final pictures around Fantasyland instead:
IMG_0785-001_zpsrj8nu8vc.jpg

SAM_2539-001_zpsmz39khc1.jpg

I headed out by the side of the castle taking a final few pictures of the castle along the way:
IMG_0788-001_zpsdhrw1muz.jpg

IMG_0797-001_zpsxl0bgv5c.jpg

Goodbye Disneyland :sad:
IMG_0803-001_zpshjzzyxfh.jpg

See you soon :sad:
DSCF1036-001_zpshs3xk3ga.jpg

I headed back to the hotel to meet Momma and put the final few things I’d got earlier into my suitcase before the taxi arrived and here’s where things started to go down hill a bit. We had a late night flight booked home so we didn’t need to be at the airport until 9 or 9.30 that evening so we had booked a shared shuttle for something like 7.30. However a few days previously I had received an email from the taxi company asking if it was ok if they picked us up at 7 instead the excuse given was that they were expecting bad traffic. Firstly it was lucky I even saw the email because I wouldn’t normally check emails while at Disney and they didn’t ring at all to ask if this change suited. So I was heading back to the hotel and got there at 6.10 thinking I had loads of time to sort my case and put in the final few items and I wanted to pick up one more item in the gift shop but as I walked over to Momma in reception a very irritated taxi driver started giving out to her saying he had been looking for her for ages and she was sleeping on the chair when he needed to leave NOW. I snapped this at 6.15 as we were headed to grab our bags quickly:
IMG_0811-001_zpsbip53ox5.jpg

We had booked a shared shuttle so we expected to be sharing our ride to the airport that was no problem but they had sent a very small people carrier to pick us up and already there was another family in it along with their luggage. The driver just about managed to squeeze in our suitcases and we were left with our carry on cases along with the shopping we had done that day on our knees for the journey to Beauvais. At this stage Momma was getting more and more annoyed and I was starting to get anxious and then the driver turned around and informed us that I would be sitting in the boot with the luggage. Well Momma wasn’t having this at all and started to complain so the husband of the family already in the car got into the boot seat and gave me the middle seat. Then on our journey to Beauvais the roads were quiet so we got to Beauvais an hour before our check in desk even opened and because we were so crammed into the small people carrier when the driver opened the doors to let us out my hand luggage fell out and not only did the handle on it break but the decorations I had bought in Disney broke. I had intended to put a hoodie in on top of them when I got to the hotel but didn’t have time as the driver arrived an hour early! Momma saw red at this and started giving out to the driver who rang his office for us to speak to the manager. The manager’s attitude was well the other family had to be at the airport earlier than you and you’re there on time for your flight so you’re no longer our concern! We both went in to the airport and just sat and cried. The trip had gone so well up until the time we had to go back to the airport and then this horrendous customer service ruined our final moments in Paris. Once we composed ourselves a bit we went to the cafe and got the most expensive bottle of Fanta ever! It was 4.79 for a bottle that’s 1.49 in Ireland:
IMG_0813-001_zpsgzbvn2lw.jpg

Once we managed to check in our cases we went through security so Momma could have a browse through the duty free. They had Eiffel Towers full of sweets:
IMG_0814-001_zps0g4bkiog.jpg

I also found Mickey Mouse:
IMG_0815-001_zpstybrl85t.jpg

I did a bit of plane spotting while Momma was finishing up in the Duty Free:
IMG_0820-001_zpsdirqc3hg.jpg

After that we headed down to our gate ready to get our flight back to Ireland:
IMG_0822-001_zpsuyxr9lqd.jpg

There was loads of empty seats on the flight so my trip mascot got a seat to himself :rotfl2:
IMG_0824-001_zpspzhtv0zz.jpg

The flight was fairly quick home and soon we were seeing the bright lights of Dublin.
IMG_0835-001_zpssic4eoas.jpg

We met Momma’s friend at the airport and he drove us home. Overall we enjoyed this trip. We went with kind of low expectations after our 2012 trip and the rudeness we encountered then but we were pleasantly surprised both by how clean the park was this time compared to last time and how much better it was when the CM’s actually made an effort to control the queues at characters and rides etc. We vowed if we ever go again though that we would not use that taxi company again and would go to Charles DeGaulle airport instead of Beauvais.
IMG_0793-001_zpsqkttoj7g.jpg

popcorn::

Fantastic pics!:goodvibes
Had fun following along -

esp this one -

(love the sprinkles on the donut):thumbsup2:thumbsup2

T.T.F.N.
&

popcorn::

Fantastic pics!:goodvibes
Had fun following along -

esp this one -

(love the sprinkles on the donut):thumbsup2:thumbsup2

T.T.F.N.
&

When the Fanta costs almost 5 euro alone it needs a photo. Must have been a very special bottle of Fanta for them to charge that much like lol :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!