Back to WDW for the first time in 23 years! From a DLR "vet" and Disney fan

Littlebee0408

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I am very excited to be planning a once (twice?) in a lifetime trip to WDW in April 2016 for our family of 4. My family are all Disney fan(atics), and it has been great getting the girls' input on what they'd like to do while in Florida. Flying from the west coast of Canada (and wanting to stay for 2 weeks) meant waiting until "all the stars aligned" and for my youngest to be old enough to enjoy it. It's finally happening!

A little about us. There's my DH, who was introduced to the DLR in 1999 (on our honeymoon!), and we made 2 trips to DLR almost back to back with our girls in 2010/11. Our girls are 11, and (almost) 8. And this trip timing coincides with our youngest dd's birthday! Where better to spend your birthday than at WDW?

While we are Disney fans, we also want to take the opportunity to see some of the other attractions (shhh!) that Florida has to offer, so while we will have 8! Days at Disney, we plan to spend a couple of days exploring US/IOA, Kennedy Space centre, and a day trip to Crystal River. This meant staying offsite for this trip, so while I will miss being inside the Disney "bubble", I felt it allows us the flexibility to make the most of our time ( and the Cdn dollar).

Planning this trip has been so much fun...ADR for BOG lunch and HBD fantasmic, as well as BBB and Cinderella's RT for my dd's bday wish. Each member of my family has made a list of top 5 must dos, which have been factored into our plans as well. Can't wait until the 30 day Mark, so I can start making FP+ reservations.

Please feel free to comment on anything you feel we should make time for on this ( hopefully not) once in a lifetime trip for our family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter