backpacks on rides???

wookiewoman

Earning My Ears
I've read some of the posts discussing what types of bags to use at WDW, but no one mentions what to do with them when you are on rides. On my most recent trips to Six Flags around here, backpacks and camera bags were not allowed on rides and needed to be left in (unsafe?) bins where the ride loaded. How is this handled at WDW? I'd like to bring a small backpack, but it's just the two of us and there will be no one to hold it when we are riding. Will this cramp our style? Any suggestions? Thanks!

We have been able to carry everything from a pocketbook to a very large camera bag on every ride with us. It may be a concern of yours when your on a water ride, but we have had no problems. The only place we could not carry our bags on was at Disney Quest at the attraction were you design your own Rollercoaster and then ride it. But there they lock it in a private cabinet and give you the key, which you take with you on the ride. The only thing is the bins may only hold a pocketbook or small backpack. They may have bigger bins but I'm not sure.

Have Fun!:cool:

Bachpacks and belly packs are welcome at Islands of Adventure and Universal and at water rides and rides like Men in black they have Lockers that you get the key for.:jester: :jester:

Here's a tip for backpacks on "wet" rides (like Splash and KaliRR). My backpack goes everywhere with me, but it isn't at all waterproof. I always bring a poncho with me and on these rides I wrap it around my backpack.

I have never had a problem taking my camera bag into any ride...at the most they said sometimes..no video taping allowed!

Hi Wookiewoman and welcome to the DIS! Now that we go to WDW in the off-season (need sweatshirts) and with our two children, DH and I each carry a fairly large backpack. I can't think of any ride in WDW where there isn't room for it at your feet. On a stationary attraction I just drop it at my feet, and if it's a moving attraction, I put my leg through one of the straps. We've never had any trouble at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter