Backpacks & other bags

I was just telling DH they should have something like the airport for carryon bags. Your bag must fit in a certain size to be able to bring it in. The bag cannot stick more than so many inches off your back for the safety of others. If that means more people in their party need to carry a bag so be it. I have almost been taken out by the backpack wearers. Lol It should not be able to be so far off their back they have no awareness they are hitting people.

There are people who tend to carry everything with them, that way if in the event they need it, they have it...I fell into that category in 2016. My sister and I had a backpack EACH, with ponchos, portable fans, extra pair of flip flops for water rides, water, autograph books, space for sourvenirs, etc. It was WAY too much...this past summer when we went, we each brought a cross body and that was plenty of space for us. We were less cranky and hot and our backs didn't hurt as bad. Our rule of thumb was that if it didn't fit, then it had to stay in the room. Granted we don't have children or other people depending on us, so that's something to keep in mind, but for the most part, your really don't NEED that much while you're in the parks. I think people pack based off what they MIGHT need and not what is realistic.

I always have a backpack, but its mainly for my camera gear. I have a DSLR, one prime lens and a flash. I also carry some snacks, water, and drinks. But my camera backpack is small and I rarely hit people.

We just got back from a trip. My wife and I both carried backpacks for our group of 5. My favorite backpack is the Deuter airlight. Something around 10-15 liters with pockets to hold keys, water bottles, sun block, etc. You may also want to consider getting a little lock so you can secure any valuables. We had something taken from our bag at Typhoon Lagoon and a person next to us had their phone stolen out of their bags. We left the bags while we were in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter